Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:39:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)  (Read 14928 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2015, 04:36:26 PM »
« edited: July 11, 2015, 10:03:18 AM by Co-Speaker darthebearnc »

Hello, and welcome to the 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline! This is my first interactive timeline, so it will probably be genuinely horrible, but at least I'll try. Tongue

This timeline will be divided into three parts - candidate sign-ups, the primaries, and the general election. Obviously, only two candidates will make it to the general election, so arguably the most difficult part of the election is making it through the relatively crowded primaries on both sides of the field. The following twenty candidates are set to participate in the 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline (please note that sign-ups are now closed and new registrations will no longer be accepted):

GOP Nomination:

- Ted Cruz - Clinton1996
- Peter King - beaver2.0
- Carly Fiorina - Abraham Reagan
- Chris Christie - mah519
- Jeb Bush - dkrolga
- Rick Perry - Spiral
- Bob Ehrlich - Cris
- Marco Rubio - ChairmanSanchez
- Lindsey Graham - tmthforu94
- Scott Walker - NHI
- Donald Trump - rpryor03
- John Kasich - CapoteMonster
- Rand Paul - Bmotley
- Bobby Jindal - dudeabides
- Rick Santorum - Classic Conservative
- Mike Huckabee - Leinad

Democratic Nomination:

- Jim Webb - AelroseB
- Hillary Clinton - DimpledChad
- Bernie Sanders - NeverAgain
- Bill Gates - Potus2036

In your first post, please indicate which candidate above you wish to play as. You should also include an announcement speech that outlines your motivations, goals, and ideas as a presidential candidate. These speeches must be original (no plagiarism OR ELSE) and should be pretty detailed. After all 25 candidates have been claimed or I get bored, I will close the candidate sign-up part of the election. Before the next part of the election begins, I will rank your announcement speeches on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the worst (most poorly written, least effective, etc.) and 5 being the best (best written, most effective, etc.). Your rank here is extremely important in the next part of the election, so make sure to make your speeches thorough.

Next, of course, are the primaries. The primaries in this interactive timeline will be much simpler than those in real life, with all states awarding their delegates on a winner-take-all basis and only three major primary debates (one on social policy, one on economic policy, and one on foreign policy). The delegate count is as follows:

GOP Nomination: 2,470 total delegates; 1,236 needed to win

Democratic Nomination: 4,483 total delegates; 2,242 needed to win

There is no difference between a delegate and a super-delegate in this timeline - essentially, the winner of each state's primary wins all of that state's delegates and the winner of the overall party nomination must merely win the majority of the nationwide delegates.

Information on the amount of delegates per state for the primaries can be found here:

GOP Nomination:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R-Alloc.phtml

^For the GOP nomination, scroll down to the first graph on the page and look at the last column ('Total Delegates') to find the amount of delegates per state/territory.

Democratic Nomination:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/D-Alloc.phtml

^For the Democratic nomination, scroll down to the last graph on the page titled "Estimated Allocation Sorted Alphabetically" and look at the last column ('Total Delegate Votes') to find the amount of delegates per state/territory.

All primaries will be held on the same day. Information on how you can actually try to win the primaries (your 1-5 rank on the acceptance speech is extremely relevant), as well as all information on the general election, will be posted later unless somebody has a burning desire to know it now.

Good luck, and have fun!
AelroseB

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 07:04:18 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2015, 12:42:20 PM by AelroseB »

Webb's In!

June 17th.  Arlington, Virginia:

My friends, it's been a long time since we've last spoken.  In this country, we've seen a rise in vagrancy, degeneracy, and a simple disrespect for the law of the land.  The Democratic Ideal has been disrupted by a vanguard of neo-liberals, whilst rabid conservatism--left unrestrained by its vociferous facilitators--has usurped the very dignity of American government.  We must recognize the evils of anarchism left unchecked, as it has been in Baltimore, Ferguson, and around the globe.  Our partisan leaders have forsaken Constitutionalism for their own misguided desires.  Our youths have been weakened by a standardized, on-size-fits-all mentality in our educational system.

For these reasons, I announce that a needed change is coming.  Today, I announce that I'm running for the Presidency of the United States.

Now, other Democrats who will seek to take the standard of our party have their flaws.  You will see failed bureaucrats, radical extremists, and even party-switchers seek to win this nomination.  I'd ask you to look towards an alternative--someone who has consistently served in this party, who has tirelessly worked towards bipartisan throughout his career, and who will put the people at his first priority.

At this pivotal hour, we must utilize the entirety of our willpower, and resolve ourselves to swing the pendulum back into our favor.  The state of the world, in which radicalism props up its head across the breadth of each and every nation, necessitates immediate action for equally pressing demands.  The duty of  all citizenry needs be to strive towards the fruition of their own value in the community.  

It is imperative that we take the fight to those aggressors around the world--ISIS, the far-right, and the far-left--lest they consume all Western Civilization.  Only a strong military policy, matched by an equally-powerful state, can prevent our own demise.

On my first day as President, I would send a request to Congress to expand military airstrikes against ISIS seven-fold, so that we may assuage the fears of the common denizen of the Middle East, opening free markets and free democracies around the globe.  However, like with Iraq, we must be wary in meeting this new conflict.  The Middle East is its own Province, and boots on the ground would only lead to a second Iraq.

A Webb administration would see tighter gun regulation upon criminals and the mentally disabled, while ensuring that capable, law-abiding Americans have their Constitutional rights preserved.

It is the sacred Province of government to care and collect for every American, great and small, regardless of race, religion, creed, or identity.  We must expand Medicaid and Medicare, and ensure the perpetual longevity of the Affordable Care Act, or we will find ourselves reduced to the nothingness  of a Libertarian's anarchy.  It is essential for us to rededicate our commitment to welfare for the well-being of all Americans.

Only a strong regulatory arm of government can impede the insatiable demands of the corporate machine.  We, the common people, are that arm.  We are that means to the redemption of the United States.

I hope to lead that charge.

As President, I would work tirelessly to prevent the savage growth in racial tension, crony capitalism, and insecurity that we have seen since the dawn of the Modern Era.  Ours is a righteous cause, under which we shall be united for all years to come.

For too long, our nation has been subject to the arbitrary whims of oil barons and coal moguls, men who usurp the rights of their workers, making them all the more dependent upon corporate mercy.  Today, that ends.  We must fight for regulation in the fossil fuels industry while simultaneously reaching out for clean alternatives, from  Appalachia to the Pacific Northwest, and from the Rust Belt to the Sun Belt.

It is our imperative to teach unto every student's ability, and destroy Common Core.  We must fight any aggressor who dares assault the American people and invest in a smart military, promoting merit over seniority.  We must revoke any call for either immorality or apathy by striving for a middle ground in the social sphere.  We  must preserve the rights of our gay and lesbian friends through civil unions, while not undermining the sensibilities of our Christian brethren.  We must fights drugs and violence in our youth culture while working to reform, rather than brutally execute, prisoners.  We must work collectively to defend the poor against the rich, oligarchic few who seek to demean our nation through a scaled income tax and a revitalization of Dodd-Frank.

As a former Senator, I know the evils of the Washington machine; I have faced that Leviathan.  But let me tell you something:  When we, the people, are amalgamated into one great union, we can do no wrong and we will succeed.  That is the communitarian ideal.

We must work to fully realize  the American Dream.  Yet this is something that we can only do united, as a single society.

Thus, I say "E Pluribus Unum."  Out of many people, one nation; out of many households, one community; out of many dreams, one destiny.

Thank you.   
AelroseB

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »

OTL: I suggest that you put an actual time limit on the sign-up, OP.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 07:27:38 PM »

Ted Cruz For America: A New Direction

"It is with great honor and humility that today I announce to you my candidacy for the Presidency of the United States.

Our country is at a crossroads. Will we continue on the same path of the last 8 years? A path of regulation crushing innovation and a weak foreign policy that capitulates to radical Islamic terrorists and refuses to take the fight to them. Or will we go in a New Direction? One of balanced budgets and an America that again leads the world.

The Republican Party has failed to stand up for its values. Values that the you, the American people, share. We have allowed the liberal left to dictate policy and have failed to defend Liberty and the Constitution. That time is over. It is time for bold leadership and true vision. We must run a populist campaign standing for the hardworking people of America.

But we cannot simply rely on attacking President Obama and his failed policies. We must present ideas of our own. Talk is cheap. Among my fellows who’ve stood up against Democrats, that’s great. But when have you been willing to stand against Republicans? Do you have the courage to admit when your party is wrong?

Which is why in the coming months in this campaign I shall introduce my vision for a better and stronger America. A health care plan that repeals and replaces Obamacare with a free market solution that does not impede on the liberties of the people. A tax reform plan that simplifies the tax code and lowers rates over all.

We can bring America back. We can improve the lives of every American regardless of race, gender, or socio-economic status. We can move in a New Direction.

Thank you. God bless you. And God bless the United States of America!"

WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 07:52:03 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2015, 07:10:39 PM by DimpledChad »

Hillary for President!

June 18
New York City, New York

"Thank you all for coming out today. Today I announce my candidacy for the office of President of the United States of America.

I am running because we need a president who will take on income inequality head on. I am running because we need a president who will fight to reverse Citizens United. I am running because we need a president who will fight for police reform. We need a president who has the experience and resolve to deal with world leaders.

We also need a president who can and will stand up to the evil armies of ISIL, but one who will also acknowledge how ISIL came to be. The plain fact is the Republican Party has not learned from the reckless foreign policy exercised by the Bush administration. You hear them today, marching to the fife of war in Iran, in Syria, in Iraq. You hear prominent Republicans dismissing the Iraq War as a misguided struggle, but their rhetoric has not changed. They still adopt the same reckless policies which led to this situation in the first place. I, on the other hand, have acknowledged I was wrong in my support of the war. My opinion changes with the facts. As president, I would not make the same mistake and return to war in Iraq.

We need a president who's got first hand experience in leading America. I've been there. I lived in the White House for eight years!" Mrs. Clinton laughs.

Laughs from the audience.

"These past six years have been great for progress, but there is still more work to do. The plain fact is that income inequality has not stopped expanding. People who are working 40 hours a week are still living in poverty. People who are working 40 hours a week are still barely scraping by. As president, I would fight aggressively on behalf of the American people.

Over the past six years, we have seen a president bullied by an obstructionist Republican congress. I will take this obstruction from the right wing head on. As president, I would make meaningful electoral reform. First off, I would support term limits for congresspeople. We don't need career politicians in Washington who are slaves to lobbyists and big interests. We don't need politicians who shut down the government as a fundraising tactic. We need legislators. Power corrupts. We have witnessed that clearly with the obstruction from radicals in Congress. We have seen their willingness to take healthcare subsidies away from families for partisan political motivations. They have abused the power of the filibuster and of the redistricting pen. As president, I would take meaningful steps to reduce this type of reckless partisan politicking.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, my friends. In the coming months, I intend to fully unveil my ideas for the future of this nation. My policies are ones which favor the American people. My policies favor the immigrants who built this nation, and who, today, contribute to its reputation as the great American melting pot. My policies favor the American worker who keeps this country running. My policies favor women, who are constantly the target of the hyper-conservative agenda. My policies favor minorities, who far too often are the targets of police brutality. My policies favor those who are concerned about the future of our planet. Those who believe that partisan politicking over climate change is dangerous.

As president, I would be a surrogate of all people, of all backgrounds and all creeds.

Thank you all, God bless you, and God bless this country we love."
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 08:08:30 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2015, 11:03:01 PM by NeverAgain »

Just in from Burlington, Vermont . . .
Bernie Sanders Officially Announces Presidential Campaign

Standing among his many supporters congregated on the Burlington Bay, Bernie Sanders officially announced his Presidential campaign earlier today. 

We now go to Burlington for Senator Sanders' anouncement:

"I would like to start by first thanking you for coming out today;  it's great to see so many familiar faces and so many new faces as we embark on a new path in politics today.  We stand at an important moment in our Nation's history;  what we will do with the opportunities and challenges that face us will set the direction not just for our lives, but for the lives of our children and our children's children. 

Now is a time for change - we've had enough of my colleagues in the Senate throwing snowballs in an effort to distract us from the pressing issue of climate change and enough of the media consistent coverage of politics as an ongoing soap opera rather than a process for addressing the important issues of our day.  We've had enough!  The America that I know has always confronted the difficult issues that arise and provided a forum for meaningful discourse among those with diverse opinions.  It's time we return to these crucial values.

We have to begin talking about - and addressing - the pressing issues facing working families, such as eliminating the starvation minimum wage of $7.25 per hour in favor of a living minimum wage of $15.00 per hour.  This is not only an important step for working families, but is also one step toward promoting wage equality for women workers.  It is an atrocity that female workers - who work just as hard and long as their male counterparts - are paid only 73% of what male workers are paid.  This is a tragedy that must be addressed!

We must level the playing field of political speech and participation in the political process by getting money out of politics!  We must overturn the disastrous Supreme Court decision in "Citizens United" and return to a system of citizens united for effective and representative politics.

And let's move beyond a discussion of privatizing Social Security to a discussion of keeping the "security" in our system and improving the lives of all of our Seniors.

And it's time that we protect our Nation, our Globe, and our Future by passing meaningful climate change legislation - we must reduce CO2 emissions and limit our carbon footprint!

We must also protect the needs and rights of all groups, particularly those groups that are vulnerable, marginalized, or disenfranchised such as the LGBT community, immigrants, children, and women.

I'm not going to make the same mistake that many politicians make - I'm going to tell the truth.  The truth isn't always easy or convenient, but it's essential for us to succeed.  And the truth is that this is going to be a lot of work - a LOT of work;  but what I know of America is that not only can we all work together, and we can succeed together!  No, we WILL succeed together.

For all these reasons, and for the commitment that I have to this great Nation of ours and ALL of the people that call this Nation home, I announce my candidacy for President of the United States.  I ask for your support, your hard work, and your vote - we can succeed together!"

His speech was met with great enthusiasm and rounds of applause by his audience, and was followed by free Ben & Jerry's ice cream for all.

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 09:30:58 PM »

Do we have to choose one of the candidates in the list? If so I claim Randy boy.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 09:32:48 PM »

Do we have to choose one of the candidates in the list? If so I claim Randy boy.

Yes, that would be preferred. One Randy coming up!
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 07:07:17 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2015, 05:24:03 PM by beaver2.0 »

I will take King Peter.  I will keep this room for my speech.

My fellow Americans, today, I, Peter King, announce my candidacy for the United States of America.  This country, the greatest and freest on Earth, has seen dark years.  The Democrats are leading this country down the drain, and must be stopped, while my own party, the Republicans, has strayed off the path that once brought it to elect some of the greatest Presidents in this country's history.

As President, I would reach across the aisle, as I have often done in the House of Representatives, and create a wide coalition of moderates who are frightened off by this parties extremist rhetoric.  I was elected in a county where Barack Obama was just barely elected, and where the County Governments are bipartisan.  If this is not an example of how Americans can come together for a common cause, yet remain civil, I don't know what is.

We are in dark times.  But there is always a way out, and the way out is through alliances.  At home, I will unite with moderates with softer rhetoric, and we will create a true conservative society based on the family values held by all Americans.

The defense of our great country is one of my top priorities.  Abroad, we must align with all states willing to combat the greatest foe faced by the United States since the end of the Cold War.  If we do not stop them soon, who is to say that we will not face invasion on our own shores.  We must strike now.  As President I would appoint national security department heads that would work, like me, to protect freedom.  I am confidant that the FBI, CIA, as well as the United States Air Force will be able to win the Middle East for Freedom.

You see, my friends, I am a conservative.  No matter the epithets the reactionaries of this Party throw at me: RINO, neo-con, or chickenhawk I am a conservative.  Conservatism is about more than health care and foreign policy.  I do not agree with the extremists who take on the conservative mantle for their demented, paranoid beliefs.  I am a conservative, but willing to compromise for the betterment of all Americans.  The priorities of the nation come before the priorities of the parties loonies.

God Bless the United States of America, and may Freedom Ring!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 08:46:55 AM »

I'll take Chris Christie.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 11:39:44 AM »

I'll take the Donald. Speech to be edited in here.
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 02:14:18 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2015, 07:53:49 PM by Abraham Reagan »

CARLY FIORINA JOINS THE RACE

Friends, today I announce my candidacy for President of the United States.

I believe, as do the vast majority of Americans, that Washington politicians care more about saying the right things and getting re-elected instead of actually getting results for the people that voted for them. That is not the government that our founders wanted. They believed in a citizen government, where patriots answered the call to serve their country, would fulfill their duty, and then return home. That is kind of government we need, and the kind of president I will be. No other candidate can say that.

You see friends, I've lived the American Dream. Only in America can a girl start as a secretary and move her way up to become the CEO of a Fortune 50 tech company. My story shows the essence of the American experiment. It's a beautiful experiment in which anyone, no matter their race or gender or status can build themselves up to make a better life for themselves and their family. However, this experiment is beginning to look like an empty fantasy for too many Americans who are working harder than ever to simply stay afloat.

Friends, every single American has potential. Every American has the potential to create, to innovate, to take risks. Sadly, today our government has become such a massive, inefficient bureaucratic monster that it sucks up all of the oxygen in the room, and with it, it snuffs out the dreams and potential of millions of hard working Americans. More small businesses are closing than opening, large companies are fleeing the US for places with more reasonable tax rates, and so many in the middle class feel left out of this so called recovery that President Obama keeps touting.

It does not need to be this way. If I'm elected President, I will work every single day to get the bureaucratic Godzilla off of the American people's back and to make sure that Americans begin to rise again. I will put the government back on the side of the entrepreneur, the single mom, the coal miner and every other kind of American. This is necessary if we want America to lead the world again.

Another area where our inefficient government is lagging dangerously behind on its responsibilities is foreign affairs. ISIS is still spreading and remains undeterred despite the plan this president has implemented which he says will degrade and destroy them. How many Middle Eastern Christians who've had family members tortured and beheaded do you think would call this strategy a success? Not many, I'm guessing. If we aren't fully committed to defeating ISIS, they will continue to spread and could soon pose a national security threat to mainland America. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

As President, I'll take the advice of our military commanders deadly seriously and take whatever action necessary to defeat this cancer in the Middle East. I'll defend our allies and take a firm stand towards our adversaries in China, Iran, and Russia. I will never waver in my defense of American national security and world peace interests. We cannot elect someone like Hillary Clinton to stand up to these people, if people like her are the exact reason we're in this tense international situation. A red reset button comes to mind.

So friends, If I am elected the nominee of this party, the choice in November of 2016 will be abundantly clear. Do we as a nation want another four years of crushed potential and weak international leadership, or do we want a bold leader who will revive the American dream and defend America abroad? If you think the latter sounds better, I'm asking for your support and your vote.

Thank you. God bless you, and may God always bless the United States of America!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »

I'll take Marco Rubio.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 05:11:39 PM »

July 5th - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie announces candidacy for President

"Today, I announce my candidacy for the Presidency of the United States.

For too long, leaders in this country have done the easy things, rather than the right things. Our President has led from behind in foreign policy, and now the world is more of a mess than when he started. Our Senators are grandstanding on conceptual issues rather than fix the problems that desperately need fixing. Americans struggle now more than ever to keep wages on an upward trajectory, as Uncle Sam demands more tax dollars from those people. Our programs of decades before are heading towards bankruptcy. America is a great country, but America faces some important issues that must be addressed in 2016 or we seriously head toward disaster.

As Governor of New Jersey, I faced disastrous situations head on, and while I did some unpopular things, New Jersey is in a lot better shape than when I first took charge of the state. Our pension system is fixed, our taxes are cut, and people live in a better fiscal situation here. And we did all of this while battling a heavily Democratic legislature, who wanted more spending, more taxes, and bigger government. Bigger government isn't the answer, putting money back in the hands of those who earned it is.

I am running as a Common Sense Conservative who will stop bloated government, stop the taxes, and stop ISIS. I am asking for your vote because if you want change, you have to change the people you send to Washington. Let's say no to grandstanding Senators, family names, and big Government RINO's who've only worked with fellow Republicans. It's time to say yes to someone who has fundamentally fought for reforms in a state with a heavily Democratic legislature. This campaign is about results over rhetoric, and my record is just that.

Thank you, and God Bless America!"
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »

I'll be Rick Perry. Speech to come later tonight.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 07:11:47 PM »

I'm claiming Kasich. Expect an announcement soon.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 07:12:01 PM »

I'll take Bush with a speech coming
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 09:04:58 PM »

"Let me begin by making some very clear. I love my dad. I love my brother. I am very proud of their accomplishments and their actions and decisions in life - both in private and at home - but I am not my dad, I am not my brother. I am not George - I am Jeb. And I am running for President of the United States!

I'm running for President for one simple reason. I love this country. I love everything about this country, from the Statue of Liberty to the Golden Gate Bridge, from the glaciers of Alaska to the deserts of Texas. I love what this nation stands for: Opportunity, success, and advancement. In America, there is the dream that any child can grow up to become President of the United States. I am running for President to make that dream a reality.

As Governor of Florida, I made my state a land of opportunity unseen anywhere else in the nation. I turned around the education to ensure that every child had access to high quality schooling. That is because I believe that education is key to a successful and prosperous adulthood. As President, I will take those same commonsense education policies that I put in place in Tallahassee and bring them to Washington because we cannot afford play politics with the future of our children.

My wife, Columba, has been my rock since the day we met in 1970. She didn't speak any English and my Spanish left a lot to be desired. But we knew - from that day - that we were in love. We were married in Austin in 1974 and we've been together ever since. Columba has taught me more than any book, experience, or mentor. She taught me that, with love, anything is possible. With Columba by my side, I cannot lose. Sin Columba, yo no estaría postulando para presidente hoy.

Columba is an immigrant and it is because of our relationship that I have the strong immigration policy I have. It is illegal to cross our border without the proper papers and without following the appropriate means. But families that come into our nation do it out of need - they cannot prosper and grow where they are, they cannot live a good, healthy life in their current station. We should welcome all people into our borders. Now, I am not advocating for amnesty here. I know that's what some of you are thinking. I am advocating for a compassion for families in need. I am advocating for an expedited process to make the American Dream more accessible to those families already here - those who have already started their lives, who have already established themselves, who have become Americans in all but legality.

Friends, we're at the beginning of a journey here. We're at the start of something. We're at the crossroads of America. Amigos, vamos a tomar el camino hacia una más brillante, más éxito, mañana más próspero! Gracias! Thank you! God Bless you!"
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 03:27:18 AM »

Rick Perry 2016: The Great American Comeback

"My fellow Americans, my name is Rick Perry, and I stand here humbly today to announce that I am running for President of United States.

My story is the American story. I grew up in a little Texas town called Paint Creek, a place unknown to the rest of the world but that would be the bedrock for the rest of my life to follow. My dad, a World War II veteran, married my mom and settled down as cotton farmers. They never made a whole lot, but they took good care of my sister and I and instilled everlasting values in us: hard work, determination, faith, and kindness. In my youth I became an Eagle Scout, and after graduating from Texas A&M I enlisted in the Air Force, where I truly learned to appreciate the freedoms this country gave people. After proudly serving for five years, I returned to Texas as a farmer once more. In the years that have passed since then, I was able to work my way up from the Texas Legislature to eventually become the longest serving governor of Texas, the 12th largest economy in the world.

The reason that I highlight my life story is to show how America has been the land of opportunity for so many. If a poor farmer boy from rural Texas could make it, so too can millions of others. This has been the country where entrepreneurs and immigrants have thrived like nowhere else, making everyone's lives better along the way. America was founded to be like this, but the freedoms and opportunities that we have come to take for granted are now slowly slipping away from us. An increasingly bloated federal government, failed leadership at the top, and a stagnant economy are among our biggest problems right here at home. Abroad, it seems like the world is becoming more unstable by the day, and the U.S. is no longer acting in the leadership role that it once did.

These are great problems in front of us, to be sure, but we Americans are resilient. We were faced with a Great Depression and two World Wars before and came out stronger than ever. Even when our nation faced a bloody Civil War after splitting in two, we were able to unite as one again. With the track record this country's had in just 200 years, there's nothing that we can't overcome!

What we need right now is a leader who has the experience, vision, and judgment to lead us to our Great American Comeback. In my 14 years as Governor of Texas, I have a record of accomplishment that beats everyone else running, from both parties. While I was Governor, one-third of all new American jobs were created right here in Texas. We made new jobs even as the rest of the nation bled jobs during our last recession. Taxes were slashed to historic lows as we restrained our spending. A balanced budget was passed every year that I was Governor. Texas has led the nation in exports and continues growing in fields like natural gas and new technology. After investing a great deal in education, Texas has the second highest graduation rate in the nation; for African-Americans and Hispanics, it's the highest. I have effectively dealt with everything from illegal immigration to hurricanes to Ebola, and I have the scars to prove it.

All the good that has been achieved in Texas can be done for the rest of the nation as well. As President, I will act swiftly to right wrongs and put us on a better path forward. On my first day in office, I will reverse President Obama's illegal executive amnesty and begin to really secure our borders. To give our economy a much needed boost, we need to drastically reform our tax system. I would introduce a single flat tax on income and work to lower the corporate tax, along with abolishing the capital gains and death taxes. This crushing debt that future generations will be hurt by must be addressed now, and that means downsizing our government and cutting all the waste. Nothing should be off the table. It's time for us to stop leading from behind with our foreign policy and instead believe in American exceptionalism again. Islamic terrorism is a real threat to this country--ISIS must be stamped quickly before they ever strike here. We also must not allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon and further destabilize the Middle East by threatening war with our ally Israel.

Some of you may remember my last run for President and judge me just by what happened four years ago. I will be the first one to admit that I wasn't prepared for the rigors of the campaign at the time. If I had to the chance to do it over, many things would have been different. This time, though, I am fully ready to tackle this race head on. Campaigning in Iowa, New Hampshire, and the other primary states is something that I relish, and I'm in this for the long haul. I ask you, the voters, to join me in this campaign and work to bring about the Great American Comeback.

Thank you all, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!"
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 06:10:29 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2015, 07:00:02 AM by Senator Cris »

Former Marlyland Governor Bob Ehrlich joins GOP race.

Former Marlyland Governor Bob Ehrlich announcing his candidacy in a rally in Baltimore, MD.

Thank you all my friends. Thank you.

Our country is facing a lot of problems and I think that do something to solve our problems it's a duty of all the people of the United States of America. I do not pull back. Today, I announce my candidacy for the presidency of the United States of America.

I'm Bob Ehrlich. I served the people of Maryland as a United States Representative from 1995 to 2003 and then as Governor from 2003 to 2007. So, I do not miss the experience to be the next President of the United States. During my term as Governor and during my campaigns I hold a lot of events across Maryland and I've maintained a special bond with the people of my state. I'm ready to do the same during my presidential campaign. I will travel all across our beautiful country and I look forward to discuss the issues facing our nation and have spirited debates with my fellow republicans on how solve it.

I consider myself as a new kind of republican and the people that I met agree with me. If you take a look at my record as Governor, and I will speak of it in moments, you will find a new kind of republican, different from the other candidates in the GOP field. And I think that if we want to win again, we don't need an extreme candidate, but we need a common-sense republican that is able to speak of the issues facing our country and able to get support from all sides. That's why I was elected Governor in Maryland, a deep-blue state.

When I will be President, combat our enemies, fiscal responsibility, education, health, environment, public safety and commerce will be the pilars of my administration.
As during my years as Governor of Maryland, I will oppose income tax increases.

When I will be President, I'll take all the necessary actions in order to defeat ISIS, that is a scourge of the Middle East and also I will defend our allies all around the world.

Today, the word "government" is a synonym of Washington. It's a synonym of a group of people out of touch with reality, with our people's matters. If I will be elected, government will be a synonym of people, because the government will work again for all our workers, for our students and for all americans.

I'd like to speak of my record as Governor. Under my tenure, Maryland stayed 0.5% or more below the national unemployment average. The unemployment rate dropped from 4.5% in 2003 to 3.9% in 2006 and also there was an increase of 98,000 private sector jobs.

Education is important and during my term, I endorsed a plan granting extra money to poorer school systems and to schools in areas with a higher cost of living. During my administration, I oversaw the opening of the first public charter school in the state and 45 new schools were constructed, and more than 50 schools were fully renovated. Also I invested record funding in Maryland community colleges and in public historically black colleges.

In my cabinet, I established a new position for people with disabilities: the Secretary of Disabilities, that became the first cabinet-level disabilities office in the nation and I'm ready to do it again during my presidency.

And what about environment? I signed and act that helped reduce pollution discharge. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation described this act as the most significant piece of legislation for the Bay in a generation. And I'm proud of it.

During my term, I valutued each request for clemency on a case-by-case basis and I was nationally recognized for my progressive approach that helped free wrongly convicted defendants.

I'm the new kind of republican that our party needs to win and that our nation needs to rise again. So, please join me in this adventure. With our heart, with our commitment, we will do great things for our nation.

Thank you all! God bless you and God bless the United States of America!

BigVic
Australia

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »

This is going to be interesting
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »

This is going to be interesting

You're welcome to participate if you'd like to.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 09:33:46 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2015, 08:58:22 PM by Sanchez Stands With Rand! »

Marco Rubio Announces Candidacy In Miami

“Friends, today we begin a journey together. We have gathered here at Freedom Tower for a reason; it is a symbol of and monument to the hope and opportunity that embody America. In this room in this very building, thousands of my fellow Cuban Americans began their unique American journeys in this room. They are but little stitches in the greater fabric of the American tapestry. I am the son of exiles. I have seen firsthand through the lenses of my family what tyranny does to the hearts and souls of those who are oppressed. And I believe that makes me uniquely qualified to lead this country forward into the future.

America is a different place, with a different story. While the story of the rest of the world is a story of feudalism, serfdom, slavery, and hopelessness, America has always been a beacon of light. We are the children and grandchildren of those who did not want to accept this; we are the children of those who saw this beacon burning in the dark, and risked life and limb to reach it. And our own children, our own precious blood and treasure, must continue this tradition. They must have a country that to those not fortunate enough to be born here must be worth coming too. They must have a country that they are proud of, not ashamed of. They must have a country that was handed down to them better off than we found it. And that is why we are here today.

There are forces around the world, from radical Islam to the creeping tide of expansionism in the halls of the Kremlin, that do not want America to be that country, that shining city on the hill, that last great hope, and that last light in the darkness. The American Dream that my parents lived must not become the American nightmare when it is my own children’s turn to live it. We look up to the greatest generation, a generation that passed this country down in better shape than they found it. They were shaped by war and depression. They knew hardship first hand.

Between our grandparent’s generation and our generation, something happened. We lost our collective sense of direction. We lost our moral values. We lost our firm commitment to every century, present and future, being the American century. Not too long ago, a politician from the past launched her bid for the Presidency. But I have strong doubts that she will succeed. You see, the politics of yesterday are not appropriate solutions to the troubles of today. It is our time to step up to the plate. We cannot let figures from the past shape the policy of the present, and we cannot let figures from the past destroy our children’s future. This upcoming election is not an election about candidates, nor even contrasting ideologies or ideas. It is a battle between generations. It is our time. It is our turn. And it is our chance. And that is why I am announcing my campaign for the Republican nomination for President in 2016!"

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 02:33:36 PM »

Alright, guys. Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far... as of now, we have 14 candidates down and 11 left to go. Please contact your BFFLs and tell them to sign up so we can get the number of candidates up to 25 ASAP.

From now on, you get a small piece of extra credit if you can convince somebody else to sign up and tell me.

Thanks guys! Expect the the primaries to start soon! (even sooner if you do the extra credit)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 03:07:30 PM »

14 candidates is actually pretty good for these kind of games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies