Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:53:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)  (Read 14981 times)
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« on: June 18, 2015, 07:11:47 PM »

I'm claiming Kasich. Expect an announcement soon.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 12:18:22 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2015, 12:26:43 AM by CapoteMonster »

June 26, at Ohio State University

Thank you! Thank You! I appreciate the enthusiasm, but we have some sobering matters at hand. My fellow Buckeyes, we stand today, at a crossroad. The administration tells us we are amidst an economic recovery, yet prices rise, incomes stay stagnant, and working families struggle to meet ends. Meanwhile, the national debt is spiraling out of control, and no one in D.C is willing to make the sacrifices to slash our deficits. Washington as been unable to deliver on issues we should all be able to come together on. Among these are real tax reform, Keystone XL, rebuilding our infrastructure, overdue issues like immigration, trade or entitlement reform, and fully committing America to the urgent war against ISIS! Sadly, Barack Obama's failed moral leadership is leading our youth into a sea of moral relativism. Today's youth are taught to be increasingly accepting of sexual immorality, disregard for authority, abortion, godlessness, low standards of art, and there's virtual despair among many, who look for reasons other than the past  or blind patriotism to be proud of this once great nation. In short, as a result of our nation's moral decay, economy running on life support, and foreign crisis, I John Richard Kasich, am running for President of the United States!

The nation is looking for a proven leader, and the Republican Party must deliver one! I began my career as a long shot to be elected to congress but worked my way up to chairman of the House Budget Committee. As chairman, I played a key role in helping congress work with Bill Clinton to reduce the national debt for the only time in the past 36 years. As Governor of Ohio, I've cut 3 billion in taxes, balanced 5 consecutive budgets, taken on the public sector unions, and presided over lower recidivism rates along with the creation of over 300,000 jobs. The pundits said I was in deep water like our party is supposedly in against Hilary, yet my team and I delivered a resounding 30 point victory in November that was heard from coast to coast! As governor I worked with Republicans in the legislature to the curb the growth of Obamacare to among the lowest in the nation, and as president, you can kiss the individual mandate goodbye! I intend to stand by history as a strong fiscal conservative and vow to bring our debt through real reform of entitlements and a full audit of the Pentagon. My tax plan will reduce the burden across the board while reducing the rate on corporations by 17% to bring back jobs to the United States. As Republicans we must guard against the siren song of isolationism by remaining vigilant in all decisions. I will ask congress for a declaration on inaugural day! The goal will be victory, as soon as possible thanks to a military that takes it marching orders form The Commander in chief, not the UN! So let it be said, that America would once again be a shining beacon for the rest of the free world and not succumb to an era of darkness. As someone who met President Nixon and lifted himself out of poverty  following the tragedy of my parent's death, I felt part of the great American spirit. Yet tragically, much of our history after the disgrace of Watergate has been marked by cynicism about our leaders and gradual decline in the nation's standing in the world. But with your commitment to greatness and willingness to sacrifice, we can make a difference. God Bless America!
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:20:52 PM »

Statement from John Kasich

All of us our disheartened by the tragic loss of Governor Pataki. He served courageously as the Governor of New York during recessions and the horror of 9/11. George Pataki would've also been an admirable president. May his legacy carry on as he enters a better place.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 08:25:21 PM »

I like the format you've set up as well.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:58 PM »

I like the format you've set up as well.

Do you like it better than the proposed reformed version?

I do since it would make things go quickly but I wouldn't mind the change proposed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies