Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:32:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)  (Read 14980 times)
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« on: June 17, 2015, 07:52:03 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2015, 07:10:39 PM by DimpledChad »

Hillary for President!

June 18
New York City, New York

"Thank you all for coming out today. Today I announce my candidacy for the office of President of the United States of America.

I am running because we need a president who will take on income inequality head on. I am running because we need a president who will fight to reverse Citizens United. I am running because we need a president who will fight for police reform. We need a president who has the experience and resolve to deal with world leaders.

We also need a president who can and will stand up to the evil armies of ISIL, but one who will also acknowledge how ISIL came to be. The plain fact is the Republican Party has not learned from the reckless foreign policy exercised by the Bush administration. You hear them today, marching to the fife of war in Iran, in Syria, in Iraq. You hear prominent Republicans dismissing the Iraq War as a misguided struggle, but their rhetoric has not changed. They still adopt the same reckless policies which led to this situation in the first place. I, on the other hand, have acknowledged I was wrong in my support of the war. My opinion changes with the facts. As president, I would not make the same mistake and return to war in Iraq.

We need a president who's got first hand experience in leading America. I've been there. I lived in the White House for eight years!" Mrs. Clinton laughs.

Laughs from the audience.

"These past six years have been great for progress, but there is still more work to do. The plain fact is that income inequality has not stopped expanding. People who are working 40 hours a week are still living in poverty. People who are working 40 hours a week are still barely scraping by. As president, I would fight aggressively on behalf of the American people.

Over the past six years, we have seen a president bullied by an obstructionist Republican congress. I will take this obstruction from the right wing head on. As president, I would make meaningful electoral reform. First off, I would support term limits for congresspeople. We don't need career politicians in Washington who are slaves to lobbyists and big interests. We don't need politicians who shut down the government as a fundraising tactic. We need legislators. Power corrupts. We have witnessed that clearly with the obstruction from radicals in Congress. We have seen their willingness to take healthcare subsidies away from families for partisan political motivations. They have abused the power of the filibuster and of the redistricting pen. As president, I would take meaningful steps to reduce this type of reckless partisan politicking.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, my friends. In the coming months, I intend to fully unveil my ideas for the future of this nation. My policies are ones which favor the American people. My policies favor the immigrants who built this nation, and who, today, contribute to its reputation as the great American melting pot. My policies favor the American worker who keeps this country running. My policies favor women, who are constantly the target of the hyper-conservative agenda. My policies favor minorities, who far too often are the targets of police brutality. My policies favor those who are concerned about the future of our planet. Those who believe that partisan politicking over climate change is dangerous.

As president, I would be a surrogate of all people, of all backgrounds and all creeds.

Thank you all, God bless you, and God bless this country we love."
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »

Hillary Clinton statement on the passing of George Pataki

"Today, we are in deep mourning with the rest of the nation. Bill and I are absolutely shocked at the passing of Governor Pataki, and our prayers are with his family and all those affected by this awful tragedy. Today, the Pataki family has lost a great father and loyal husband, and the country has lost a brave leader. I ask everyone to join Bill, Chelsea and I in mourning the loss of George Pataki. May he rest in peace."
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »

Sweet! I'll be eagerly waiting for this to continue.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 06:09:08 PM »

You know, I was really hoping I wouldn't have a competitive primary, and then the only other West Virginian on Atlas forum comes along and decides to play as Bill Gates. Tongue

This should be fun.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 05:32:41 PM »

Campaign Staff
Campaign Manager  Matt Rhoades
Deputy Campaign Manager  Adam Brandon
Finance Director   Foster Friess and David Koch
Director of African American Outreach  Herman Cain
Director of Hispanic Outreach  Congressman Raùl Labrador
Veterans Coalition Director   Lt. Colonel Oliver North
Director of Democratic Outreach  Jim Matheson
Polling Director Scott Rasmussen

The Santorum Campaign would also like internals polls paid for by our Finance Directors for all 50 states, If possible???

Those are all MAJOR people joining your team - Rasmussen, Matheson, North, Labrador, Cain, Koch - and equate to big endorsements. I object to being able to claim anyone you want on your team.

It would probably best to go with the campaigns' actual staffs then. Except for Bill Gates, of course.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »

Campaign Staff
Campaign Manager  Matt Rhoades
Deputy Campaign Manager  Adam Brandon
Finance Director   Foster Friess and David Koch
Director of African American Outreach  Herman Cain
Director of Hispanic Outreach  Congressman Raùl Labrador
Veterans Coalition Director   Lt. Colonel Oliver North
Director of Democratic Outreach  Jim Matheson
Polling Director Scott Rasmussen

The Santorum Campaign would also like internals polls paid for by our Finance Directors for all 50 states, If possible???

Those are all MAJOR people joining your team - Rasmussen, Matheson, North, Labrador, Cain, Koch - and equate to big endorsements. I object to being able to claim anyone you want on your team.

It would probably best to go with the campaigns' actual staffs then. Except for Bill Gates, of course.
I object to both DKrol and DimpledChads ideas. For starters, DimpledChad that means that you would have all of the big name Democrats and that is basically unfair to all Democratic Oponents of yours and DKrol, it wasn't a rule beforehand about that and you can also basically take anybody else you want.

I'm indifferent TBH. Darthebearnc should rule on this though. As in, clearly state how staff should be selected.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 09:15:27 PM »

I have 3 extra for mourning Pataki, for a total of 67. If that number is wrong (I'm not the best at math) let me know - I'm not trying to cheat anyone here - and I'll gladly change things around.

LOL, I suppose you mean 27? Because yeah, 67's a bit off. Tongue
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »

Does anyone besides Abraham Reagan, Classic, and dkrol still need polls? Unless I skipped somebody I'm going to go to bed after finishing those 3.

I might, give me about 10-15 minutes to see what I'm going to do with my points, then I'll let you know.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »

Sorry, but I'll take one too. Tongue
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 10:59:09 PM »

Here's my CP allocation for Round Two:

2 PCPs to Clinton in Colorado

One PCP to Clinton in Pennsylvania, and one NCP to Gates in Pennsylvania

4 PCPs to Clinton in California, and 3 NCPs to Gates in California

4 PCPs to Clinton in Illinois, and 3 NCPs to Gates in Illinois

One PCP to Clinton in Nevada

One PCP to Clinton in Arizona

One PCP to Clinton in Guam

One PCP to Clinton in Delaware

One PCP to Clinton in Hawaii

3 PCPs to Clinton in Florida

If I have calculated that correctly, that is 26 CPs used above. I used one previously for an exclusive poll. I had 27 to begin with (24 from my announcement speech, and an additional 3 for my statement on the passing of George Pataki). If I went over my allotted amount, let me know, I'll change my CP allocation.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 03:37:29 PM »

I'm going to have to drop out as well. This TL is just too sh!tty and you are just too awful a person for me to continue to take part in this. Burn in hell.

Just kidding! Tongue You're doing just fine as moderator. This is the first interactive TL I have played in, so it's not like I'm used to playing it differently. And so what if it's a different format? It should make for an interesting TL. I'm still totally excited and engaged in the game.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »

I'm going to have to drop out as well. This TL is just too sh!tty and you are just too awful a person for me to continue to take part in this. Burn in hell.

Just kidding! Tongue You're doing just fine as moderator. This is the first interactive TL I have played in, so it's not like I'm used to playing it differently. And so what if it's a different format? It should make for an interesting TL. I'm still totally excited and engaged in the game.

I believed your first paragraph you f#cker Tongue

hehehe
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 05:23:24 PM »

It's got my support. Would we start at the beginning of Round 2?
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »

So let's start a new thread telling us what week to begin and giving us polls in the first four states?

^Yeah, this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies