Paul's New Tax Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:20:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Paul's New Tax Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paul's New Tax Plan  (Read 2475 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 18, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »

Okay. I must ask. What is this forum's hatred of rich people? What is wrong with people making their own money by honest toil and keeping it?

It's dumb comments that keep me coming back.

Why do libertarians hate rich people and want to make us all poor? That should be the real questions. This tax plan and similar plans like it would destroy and bankrupt many of the wealthy in this country. There is nothing more anti-rich than a government that does nothing about poverty and expanding the consumer base.

The first thing you learn in business courses is often the first thing most people who advocate for anarcho-capitalism forget. Rich people get rich not by magic accounting and low tax rates, but by having a product that people purchase which makes them rich off the profits. That is the critical relationship. If there is no demanding consumer base, nobody can get rich. No matter what the tax code or regulatory landscape looks like.

If am I rich or an aspiring rich, the prerogative of the government in my eyes would be to create as many consumers with good jobs and good education that can buy as much crap as I can churn out.

If I'm a millionaire, who made his money in grocery stores, there is nothing I should dread more than getting a tax cut at the expense of the food stamp program. It means less customers and less money for me, because richer people still only need the same amount of food as poorer people.

If I'm a millionaire, who made his money in real estate, there is nothing I should dread more than a flat tax that gets rid of mortgage deductions. It means less homeowners and less money for me.

If I'm a millionaire, who makes his money as a doctor, there is nothing I should dread more than cuts to Medicare and Medicaid.

If I'm a millionaire, who makes his money as a lawyer, there is nothing I should dread more than simplified government.

If I'm a millionaire, who makes his money in anything, there is nothing I should dread more than living a government that doesn't make sure there's money circulating from the top to the bottom at all times.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 03:18:40 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2015, 03:25:45 PM by King »

What a joke plan. 0% for $50,000 and 14.5% for above $50,000. Eliminate FICA aka Eliminate Medicare and Social Security? 14.5%? Why did he pull that number out of his ass? Why not 15%? Or 12.3%?

Also, he talks about job creation but then mentions how accountants will be unnecessary. There are 1.3 million tax accountants in the United States. What are they going to be retrained to do for a living? How are their families going to survive in the meantime?

And 2,000,000 jobs over 4 years. That's over 40,000 a month! Amazing!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 10:43:01 AM »

Honestly I don't see how anyone can say that this hurts the poor. The first $50,000 is exempt. And taxes ARE a judgment. It punishes success more or less.

It hurts the poor by creating a worse economy with no security for them. Taxation is only one aspect to a person's wealth and security.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:46:16 PM »

It's also better to avoid talking about spending cuts until after he gets elected

Okay, Mitt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies