Legalization (medical and recreational )of Marijuana when?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:21:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Legalization (medical and recreational )of Marijuana when?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legalization (medical and recreational )of Marijuana when?  (Read 745 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2016, 03:00:53 PM »

Let's talk about pot for 4/20.

So, several states have legalized the drug for medical use, but it varies by disease. Two states have legal recreational use. It appears to be a trend to support these efforts.

Anyway, in about how long will it take for all 50 states to legalize the pot for use either medically or recreationally?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 03:25:54 PM »

I think some states will remain anti-pot for a long time (like there are still dry counties).  But clearly the trend is for more freedoms.  States like MS,AL and WV won't be joining anytime soon (unless of course the Fed completely changes a la SSM, but that's less likely).  I think most states, even relatively blue states like mine and yours, will flip on this issue in the next decade.  It's pretty obvious it's a been a good thing for Washington and a great thing for Colorado.  Great things tend to get copied.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:18 PM »

On the subject of drugs, I recently read that LSD is being looked at by some researchers as a treatment for depression. I'll try and find the link.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 09:55:56 PM »

My guess is that it will be rescheduled to schedule II or III a couple years or so from now, with states also being allowed to legalize it if they wish. I say this because there looks to be a wave of states legalizing this year - California, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Nevada, possibly Arizona and Florida will most likely pass the medical marijuana ballot measure (which allows smoking and a generous list of applicable illnesses, not the "oils only" scam bills). Off the top of my head, that's a possible 60+ million new citizens that will have access to legal marijuana, bringing the total to over 75 - 80 million.

They cannot ignore it any longer after that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 08:20:46 AM »

On the subject of drugs, I recently read that LSD is being looked at by some researchers as a treatment for depression. I'll try and find the link.
psychedelics, when done right, can be very good for mental illness.  But some people discovered you can have fun with them too, so they all had to banned.  Can't have people having fun unless it's with clean, natural (and healthy) alcohol!

(our grand parents were idiots)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 12:30:04 PM »

I read a similar article last week. They took brain scans of people on LSD.

http://www.gizmag.com/lsd-brain-mapping/42932/
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »

psychedelics, when done right, can be very good for mental illness.  But some people discovered you can have fun with them too, so they all had to banned.  Can't have people having fun unless it's with clean, natural (and healthy) alcohol!

(our grand parents were idiots)
I've actually found that since my first real experience, I have been less depressed, more motivated and focused, less confrontational, and more forgiving/understanding. I think the future is bright if they give it another serious look, even if just for medical purposes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »

The real struggle is getting the federal government to allow it.  Otherwise random drug tests will be a problem.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 09:06:40 PM »

I've actually found that since my first real experience, I have been less depressed, more motivated and focused, less confrontational, and more forgiving/understanding. I think the future is bright if they give it another serious look, even if just for medical purposes.

With me it was nice, but it basically just felt like weed X 10 ... when I drop it again in a few weeks hopefully I'll have a similar response.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies