NH-Sen: Hassan running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:50:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Sen: Hassan running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: NH-Sen: Hassan running  (Read 16375 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »

Lean D. I am probably going to support Maggie Hassan over Kelly Ayotte mostly due to the fact that Kelly Ayotte is strongly opposed to the Iran deal and is an advocate of a neoconservative foreign policy agenda. I don't know what Hassan's position on the Iran deal is, but I would assume that it is better than Ayotte's.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »

Ugh, at least these two mediocre people will be running against each other so they might at least get a decent governor. I liked Hassan as a governor a little but certainly not as a Senator.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 11:38:00 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2015, 11:54:13 AM by TNvolunteer »

Called it. GO AYOTTE!

What?

Anyway, I'll say that Ayotte is as vulnerable as Mark Kirk. NH is a deep blue state and white soccer moms will turn out in record numbers to vote for Clinton and Hassan. Ayotte is a strong campaigner (she got 60% (!!!) in NH in 2010), so that may just barely save her. Leans D.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »

Called it. GO AYOTTE!

What?

Anyway, I'll say that Ayotte is as vulnerable as Mark Kirk. NH is a deep blue state and white soccer moms will turn out in record numbers to vote for Clinton and Hassan. Ayotte is a strong campaigner (she got 60% (!!!) in NH in 2010), so that may just barely save her. Leans D.
What?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 12:42:42 PM »

Senate: Tossup
Governor: Tossup until we get more information
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 01:40:29 PM »

Excellent news! Time to crush the insufferable hawk wing of the GOP.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »

Tossup Senate, Tilt R Governorship (because of Sununu)

John Sununu will be 77 years old by the time of the 2016 elections.....I would be amazed if he runs again.

If you mean Chris Sununu,  he isn't as big of a name as his father.

Chris has actually announced his candidacy for the governor, so I REALLY doubt John Sununu will run at his age "and" against his son.

Of course i meant Chris. He is 1 of the 5 Executive Councillors - and that's already worth of something. Famous name is always plus too. In addition - he seems (at least - relatively) to be the most moderate member of this family, and this is also a plus in purple state like this one.

He's in the most conservative council district in the state (easily...).    I don't think it represents the state all that well.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 03:05:55 PM »

John Sununu will be 77 years old by the time of the 2016 elections.....I would be amazed if he runs again.

Chris has actually announced his candidacy for the governor, so I REALLY doubt John Sununu will run at his age "and" against his son.

Of course i meant Chris. He is 1 of the 5 Executive Councillors - and that's already worth of something. Famous name is always plus too. In addition - he seems (at least - relatively) to be the most moderate member of this family, and this is also a plus in purple state like this one.

He's in the most conservative council district in the state (easily...).    I don't think it represents the state all that well.

But he is surely less conservative then Kenney (1st district) and Wheeler (5th). More so then Van Ostern (2nd) and Pappas (4th), but, after all, they are Democrats... So, he stands "in the center" of a council, which reflects purple character of the state rather well...
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:58 PM »

Now this should get interesting. Both the governors race and the Senate race are toss-ups.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2015, 04:31:19 PM »

NH will be fun to watch in 2016.

Both are toss-ups IMO
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »

tilt D.
governorship is a tossup
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »

With Strickland leading and Murphy as well, Dems can win 5 seats.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »

He's in the most conservative council district in the state (easily...).    I don't think it represents the state all that well.

But he is surely less conservative then Kenney (1st district) and Wheeler (5th). More so then Van Ostern (2nd) and Pappas (4th), but, after all, they are Democrats... So, he stands "in the center" of a council, which reflects purple character of the state rather well...

He voted to defund Planned Parenthood in the state based on fake videos.   He's a conservative through and through.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »

With Strickland leading and Murphy as well, Dems can will win 5 seats.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 06:14:19 PM »

With Strickland, Murphy, Hassan and Feingold all in the democrats have got the absolute best they could wish for
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »

^ Also Masto and Kirkpatrick were about the best possible recruits for their states.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 06:38:02 PM »

Let's not forget a strong investment in wave insurance with Jason Kander in Missouri.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2015, 06:39:28 PM »

The Dems have recruited a strong bench and are in a good position to retake the chamber. The only real wrench in the works is Pennsylvania: no obviously strong candidate here and Toomey is quite formidable.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »

The Dems have recruited a strong bench and are in a good position to retake the chamber. The only real wrench in the works is Pennsylvania: no obviously strong candidate here and Toomey is quite formidable.
Eh, if the rest of the dominoes fall then either a) Democrats won't need Pennsylvania or b) there will be such a large tide that Toomey gets pulled down anyway. Sure it'd be nice to have a more formidable Dem candidate there, but it's not the end of the world.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »

This is surprising
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2015, 08:43:07 PM »

Called it. GO AYOTTE!

What?

What?

It's this very strange personal vendetta of his.  Let it go.  NH is as much of a red state as it is a blue state right now (split Senate delegation, split House delegation, split state governance), but that would never get in the way of him INSISTING that NH is like the most liberal state there is...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2015, 10:49:24 PM by smoltchanov »

He's in the most conservative council district in the state (easily...).    I don't think it represents the state all that well.

He voted to defund Planned Parenthood in the state based on fake videos.   He's a conservative through and through.

No. After that video no republican could reasonably vote for continuing funding. And he said that directly. He voted FOR funding Planned Parenthood in the state BEFORE that, and he mentioned that too. I doubt that i (absolutely pro-choice) could vote for continued funding during this controversy.
JMT

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 11:42:27 PM »

With Strickland, Murphy, Hassan and Feingold all in the democrats have got the absolute best they could wish for
I totally agree, the DSCC must be really happy this cycle, they have some really solid recruits. I would also add Duckworth to this list, I think she'll cruise past her opponent in the primary and solidly defeat Mark Kirk. Don't think the GE will be all that close in the end
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »

I just realized that if Hassan wins, New Hampshire will be represented in the Senate by two former governors. Are there any current examples of that?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2015, 01:24:14 PM »

I just realized that if Hassan wins, New Hampshire will be represented in the Senate by two former governors. Are there any current examples of that?

Kaine and Warner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies