NH-Sen: Hassan running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:48:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Sen: Hassan running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: NH-Sen: Hassan running  (Read 16327 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 01:37:47 PM »
« edited: October 06, 2015, 01:40:54 PM by Nyvin »

With Strickland, Murphy, Hassan and Feingold all in the democrats have got the absolute best they could wish for
I totally agree, the DSCC must be really happy this cycle, they have some really solid recruits. I would also add Duckworth to this list, I think she'll cruise past her opponent in the primary and solidly defeat Mark Kirk. Don't think the GE will be all that close in the end

Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates. You could argue the same about Feingold, but he's certainly the best WI Dems have. Hassan is a good candidate only in a state like NH.

If Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates what would be???

Legislatively Feingold is one of the most successful candidates out there,  he's an absolutely fantastic candidate for Senate by any measure.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 02:33:36 PM »

With Strickland, Murphy, Hassan and Feingold all in the democrats have got the absolute best they could wish for
I totally agree, the DSCC must be really happy this cycle, they have some really solid recruits. I would also add Duckworth to this list, I think she'll cruise past her opponent in the primary and solidly defeat Mark Kirk. Don't think the GE will be all that close in the end

Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates. You could argue the same about Feingold, but he's certainly the best WI Dems have. Hassan is a good candidate only in a state like NH.

Legislatively Feingold is one of the most successful candidates out there,  he's an absolutely fantastic candidate for Senate by any measure.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 08:41:42 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 08:47:17 PM by Nutmeg »

The last time NH elected a Republican governor was in 1994

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Benson
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 08:41:57 PM »

I just realized that if Hassan wins, New Hampshire will be represented in the Senate by two former governors. Are there any current examples of that?

Kaine and Warner

Right, I forgot about them.

Many people were hoping for Madigan instead of Duckworth.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2015, 01:39:40 AM »

In fact - in 2002 (the above mentioned Craig Benson, who narrowly lost in 2004). And they got 47.5% last year against popular incumbent with first-time candidate. They will have candidate with famous name next year. Yeah, it's somewhat more difficult in presidential year, but surely possible...
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »

Has anyone declared their candidacy for the Governorship yet?

Chris Sununu for the GOP, no one for Dems yet.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »

Well, we've got two toss-up races in this state now. Democrats are going all in this year.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2015, 02:16:36 PM »

I just realized that if Hassan wins, New Hampshire will be represented in the Senate by two former governors. Are there any current examples of that?

Yes. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2015, 03:30:10 PM »

Kander and Sestak are the best Democratic candidates IMO. Duckworth, Kirkpatrick and Murphy are very overrated. And Strickland, you ask? He can be attacked easily, there's a reason he lost in OH in 2010...

What makes Kander so good?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »

Kirkpatrick, Murphy & Strickland are great & Hassan. And Pa is likely R until polling looks better. But, yes, Dems chances are increasing since the gun shooting aftermath and demise of Jeb Bush.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2015, 04:01:01 PM »

And Strickland, you ask? there's a reason he lost in OH in 2010...

it was 2010, yeah
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2015, 04:21:29 PM »

Kander and Sestak are the best Democratic candidates IMO. Duckworth, Kirkpatrick and Murphy are very overrated. And Strickland, you ask? He can be attacked easily, there's a reason he lost in OH in 2010...

He lost in OH by two whole points because it was 2010 and in a swing state none the less....
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »

Kasich was the best recruit to defeat Strickland, and probably the last, not even Portman may def him, as polls have showed him behind.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2015, 10:20:09 PM »

If history repeats itself, the NH Republican party will jam the Democrat's phones on election day, and win the election over the female sitting governor, but she will defeat the Republican 6 years later.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2015, 07:33:16 PM »

Don't know if anyone noticed, but last friday Colin Van Ostern announced he's running for NH Governor.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2015, 03:38:52 PM »

PPP is polling this (and the Governor race) this weekend.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »

National Journal article on Ayotte; some conservative groups are reluctant to support her:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2015, 06:42:29 PM »

Glad my friends at AFP are taking Ayotte on. I'd be happy to throw her to the wolves if we still can keep the Senate.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2015, 09:51:17 AM »

Glad my friends at AFP are taking Ayotte on. I'd be happy to throw her to the wolves if we still can keep the Senate.

You realize that you won't win this seat back for at least 20 years if Hassan wins, right? Even Ovide Lamontagne almost endorsed Ayotte recently:

http://www.wmur.com/politics/lamontagne-ayotte-most-conservative-us-senate-candidate-who-can-win/36212422

So instead of calling Ayotte a RINO, conservatives should accept that she's the only Republican left who can win in this deep blue feminist state. Im sure that even diehard conservatives are shuddering at the thought of a Senator Hassan who gets reelected in 2022, 2028 and probably 2034.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2015, 10:56:13 AM »

Dems are also aware of moderate women females and how entrenched they become like Murkowski, Capito and Collins. The same holds true if Ayotte is reelected, thats why Hassan was recruited instead of Pappas.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »

^ Never thought that i would consider Ovide lamontagne a "sane", but it seems - he is. He literally repeated an algorithm i always use (since 1970th): "Democrats must run the most liberal candidate able to win (state or district), Republicans - the most conservative able to win...But if district is such, that most liberal Democrat able to win it is to the right of James Eastland - run him! And if distict is such, that the most conservative Republican able to win it is to the left of Jacob Javits - run him!"
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »

Interestingly, Hassan could be having some intraparty issues of her own, over her stance on the Syrian refugees.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »

Interesting insight from McCain:

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »

Toomey & Ayotte are in jeopardy because their states will swing like the presidency. In 2014, the GOP knocked out PRYOR, Landrieu, Udall & Begich due to the bent of their state, the same will happen.

Ayotte is on the cusp of losing.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 03:35:06 PM »

Focus on saving your own hide, old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »