NH-Sen: Hassan running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:04:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Sen: Hassan running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-Sen: Hassan running  (Read 16429 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: October 10, 2015, 03:30:10 PM »

With Strickland, Murphy, Hassan and Feingold all in the democrats have got the absolute best they could wish for
I totally agree, the DSCC must be really happy this cycle, they have some really solid recruits. I would also add Duckworth to this list, I think she'll cruise past her opponent in the primary and solidly defeat Mark Kirk. Don't think the GE will be all that close in the end

Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates. You could argue the same about Feingold, but he's certainly the best WI Dems have. Hassan is a good candidate only in a state like NH.

If Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates what would be???

Kander and Sestak are the best Democratic candidates IMO. Duckworth, Kirkpatrick and Murphy are very overrated. And Strickland, you ask? He can be attacked easily, there's a reason he lost in OH in 2010...

What makes Kander so good?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »

Here's the link to the primary debate between Rubens and Ayotte, you can watch it if you want. Ayotte sounds very desperate, she probably knows that she's going to lose:

http://www.nh1.com/news/heated-moments-in-nh1-news-u-s-senate-gop-primary-debate-between-ayotte-and-rubens/

I know you were probably referring to the general in the "knows she'll lose" part, but what is your prediction for the primary?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »

You're asking TN Volunteer to make an unbiased analysis about New Hampshire?

I don't really think I am biased, just realistic. I wish Climbing Maggie would lose, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking this race is a Tossup or winnable for Republicans.

Anyway, I think they both did pretty well (even though Ayotte was a little better IMO). Hassan didn't repeat her scripted talking points as much as she did in the past, but these debates don't really matter in NH since Hassan is so much more popular than Ayotte and both Hassan and Shaheen "lost" their debates in 2014 and still won very easily despite the Republican wave.

I expect no change in the polls. There really was no perceived winner either.

Funny, I didn't know that winning by 3 points was winning "very easily". Sounds like a pretty close race to me. This also igores that Hassan was leading by 20  points in September and Shaheen was winning by about 10. They trended downward significantly in October, but unlike Hagan and A. Brown, managed to run out the clock.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies