NH-Sen: Hassan running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:05:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Sen: Hassan running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-Sen: Hassan running  (Read 16424 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 18, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »

Pappas is very popular, but he'd be the underdog.   
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 09:07:57 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2015, 02:07:47 PM by Nyvin »

Why in the world would the Governor race lean Republican???
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:44:40 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2015, 10:49:03 AM by Nyvin »

Tossup Senate, Tilt R Governorship (because of Sununu)

John Sununu will be 77 years old by the time of the 2016 elections.....I would be amazed if he runs again.

If you mean Chris Sununu,  he isn't as big of a name as his father.

Chris has actually announced his candidacy for the governor, so I REALLY doubt John Sununu will run at his age "and" against his son.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »

John Sununu will be 77 years old by the time of the 2016 elections.....I would be amazed if he runs again.

Chris has actually announced his candidacy for the governor, so I REALLY doubt John Sununu will run at his age "and" against his son.

Of course i meant Chris. He is 1 of the 5 Executive Councillors - and that's already worth of something. Famous name is always plus too. In addition - he seems (at least - relatively) to be the most moderate member of this family, and this is also a plus in purple state like this one.

He's in the most conservative council district in the state (easily...).    I don't think it represents the state all that well.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »

Of course i meant Chris. He is 1 of the 5 Executive Councillors - and that's already worth of something. Famous name is always plus too. In addition - he seems (at least - relatively) to be the most moderate member of this family, and this is also a plus in purple state like this one.

He's in the most conservative council district in the state (easily...).    I don't think it represents the state all that well.

But he is surely less conservative then Kenney (1st district) and Wheeler (5th). More so then Van Ostern (2nd) and Pappas (4th), but, after all, they are Democrats... So, he stands "in the center" of a council, which reflects purple character of the state rather well...

He voted to defund Planned Parenthood in the state based on fake videos.   He's a conservative through and through.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 01:37:47 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 01:40:54 PM by Nyvin »

With Strickland, Murphy, Hassan and Feingold all in the democrats have got the absolute best they could wish for
I totally agree, the DSCC must be really happy this cycle, they have some really solid recruits. I would also add Duckworth to this list, I think she'll cruise past her opponent in the primary and solidly defeat Mark Kirk. Don't think the GE will be all that close in the end

Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates. You could argue the same about Feingold, but he's certainly the best WI Dems have. Hassan is a good candidate only in a state like NH.

If Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates what would be???

Legislatively Feingold is one of the most successful candidates out there,  he's an absolutely fantastic candidate for Senate by any measure.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 04:21:29 PM »

With Strickland, Murphy, Hassan and Feingold all in the democrats have got the absolute best they could wish for
I totally agree, the DSCC must be really happy this cycle, they have some really solid recruits. I would also add Duckworth to this list, I think she'll cruise past her opponent in the primary and solidly defeat Mark Kirk. Don't think the GE will be all that close in the end

Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates. You could argue the same about Feingold, but he's certainly the best WI Dems have. Hassan is a good candidate only in a state like NH.

If Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates what would be???

Kander and Sestak are the best Democratic candidates IMO. Duckworth, Kirkpatrick and Murphy are very overrated. And Strickland, you ask? He can be attacked easily, there's a reason he lost in OH in 2010...

He lost in OH by two whole points because it was 2010 and in a swing state none the less....
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 07:33:16 PM »

Don't know if anyone noticed, but last friday Colin Van Ostern announced he's running for NH Governor.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 01:45:09 PM »

I'm of the opinion Hassan will win just by the trend of NH.   

If the GOP can't win in 2014 then it's not going to get better in 2016...and Hassan and Ayotte are pretty much equals in other regards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies