NH-Sen: Hassan running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:05:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Sen: Hassan running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-Sen: Hassan running  (Read 16455 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: October 06, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »

I just realized that if Hassan wins, New Hampshire will be represented in the Senate by two former governors. Are there any current examples of that?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:41:57 PM »

I just realized that if Hassan wins, New Hampshire will be represented in the Senate by two former governors. Are there any current examples of that?

Kaine and Warner

Right, I forgot about them.

With Strickland, Murphy, Hassan and Feingold all in the democrats have got the absolute best they could wish for
I totally agree, the DSCC must be really happy this cycle, they have some really solid recruits. I would also add Duckworth to this list, I think she'll cruise past her opponent in the primary and solidly defeat Mark Kirk. Don't think the GE will be all that close in the end

Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates. You could argue the same about Feingold, but he's certainly the best WI Dems have. Hassan is a good candidate only in a state like NH.

If Strickland and Duckworth aren't good candidates what would be???

Legislatively Feingold is one of the most successful candidates out there,  he's an absolutely fantastic candidate for Senate by any measure.

Many people were hoping for Madigan instead of Duckworth.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 11:15:33 PM »

In case anyone wants to watch it, here's the first debate between Climbing Maggie and Ayotte - it took place today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0NUjCgzX4

Could you give us a summary? How was it? Was there a perceived winner?

You're asking TN Volunteer to make an unbiased analysis about New Hampshire?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 03:43:46 PM »

ROFLMFAO

Funny, I didn't know that winning by 3 points was winning "very easily". Sounds like a pretty close race to me. This also igores that Hassan was leading by 20  points in September and Shaheen was winning by about 10. They trended downward significantly in October, but unlike Hagan and A. Brown, managed to run out the clock.

Brown hit his ceiling in the early October polls. Shaheen was never going to lose this race and 3 points isn't really close in a state like New Hampshire.

Wulfric, if Hassan and Van Ostern both win, would you view Shaheen as vulnerable against the right candidate in 2020?

Not Wulfric, but I don't see any reason why Shaheen should be considered vulnerable in 2020. In fact, you could argue that she is the safest Senator up for reelection that year - but that's just my opinion, of course.

Ed Markey? Dick Durbin? Jeff Sessions? Jim Inhofe? Mike Enzi? Jack Reed?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 12:20:58 PM »

In case anyone wants to watch it, here's the first debate between Climbing Maggie and Ayotte - it took place today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0NUjCgzX4

Could you give us a summary? How was it? Was there a perceived winner?

You're asking TN Volunteer to make an unbiased analysis about New Hampshire?

He's been right so far...

I mean, he'll probably end up being right that Hassan and Clinton win the state, but that doesn't mean that New Hampshire is an ultra-safe Democratic state like he claims it is. And Sununu is at least somewhat favored.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies