NH-Sen: Hassan running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:28:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Sen: Hassan running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-Sen: Hassan running  (Read 16457 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: October 05, 2015, 10:05:59 AM »

Tossup Senate, Tilt R Governorship (because of Sununu)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »

John Sununu will be 77 years old by the time of the 2016 elections.....I would be amazed if he runs again.

If you mean Chris Sununu,  he isn't as big of a name as his father.

Chris has actually announced his candidacy for the governor, so I REALLY doubt John Sununu will run at his age "and" against his son.

Of course i meant Chris. He is 1 of the 5 Executive Councillors - and that's already worth of something. Famous name is always plus too. In addition - he seems (at least - relatively) to be the most moderate member of this family, and this is also a plus in purple state like this one.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 03:05:55 PM »

John Sununu will be 77 years old by the time of the 2016 elections.....I would be amazed if he runs again.

Chris has actually announced his candidacy for the governor, so I REALLY doubt John Sununu will run at his age "and" against his son.

Of course i meant Chris. He is 1 of the 5 Executive Councillors - and that's already worth of something. Famous name is always plus too. In addition - he seems (at least - relatively) to be the most moderate member of this family, and this is also a plus in purple state like this one.

He's in the most conservative council district in the state (easily...).    I don't think it represents the state all that well.

But he is surely less conservative then Kenney (1st district) and Wheeler (5th). More so then Van Ostern (2nd) and Pappas (4th), but, after all, they are Democrats... So, he stands "in the center" of a council, which reflects purple character of the state rather well...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2015, 10:49:24 PM by smoltchanov »

He's in the most conservative council district in the state (easily...).    I don't think it represents the state all that well.

But he is surely less conservative then Kenney (1st district) and Wheeler (5th). More so then Van Ostern (2nd) and Pappas (4th), but, after all, they are Democrats... So, he stands "in the center" of a council, which reflects purple character of the state rather well...

He voted to defund Planned Parenthood in the state based on fake videos.   He's a conservative through and through.

No. After that video no republican could reasonably vote for continuing funding. And he said that directly. He voted FOR funding Planned Parenthood in the state BEFORE that, and he mentioned that too. I doubt that i (absolutely pro-choice) could vote for continued funding during this controversy.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 01:39:40 AM »

In fact - in 2002 (the above mentioned Craig Benson, who narrowly lost in 2004). And they got 47.5% last year against popular incumbent with first-time candidate. They will have candidate with famous name next year. Yeah, it's somewhat more difficult in presidential year, but surely possible...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »

^ Never thought that i would consider Ovide lamontagne a "sane", but it seems - he is. He literally repeated an algorithm i always use (since 1970th): "Democrats must run the most liberal candidate able to win (state or district), Republicans - the most conservative able to win...But if district is such, that most liberal Democrat able to win it is to the right of James Eastland - run him! And if distict is such, that the most conservative Republican able to win it is to the left of Jacob Javits - run him!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies