What would you do if your boyfriend/girlfriend came out as transgendered? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:31:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would you do if your boyfriend/girlfriend came out as transgendered? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would you do if your boyfriend/girlfriend came out as transgendered?  (Read 2566 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: June 18, 2015, 09:37:26 PM »

Why does the title of this thread conjugate 'transgender' as though it's a verb?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2015, 04:14:30 PM by sex-negative feminist prude »

I would have to settle for friends-only if a woman told me she was bisexual

I'm curious as to why. If it's that there's something inherent to the psychology of bisexuality that makes fidelity more difficult, that idea is widely thought of as a homophobic canard these days.

If my wife transitioned, it would be grounds for an annulment

Isn't that only the case if it can be shown that the desire to transition predated the marriage?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »

If my wife transitioned, it would be grounds for an annulment

Isn't that only the case if it can be shown that the desire to transition predated the marriage?

My understanding was that these sort of desires manifested themselves from a very young age, which would indicate that they were lying/in denial at the time of the marriage. Is that not the case?

Not all transgendered individuals have a desire to transition.

Plus a lot of people don't have this realization about themselves consciously until a comparatively advanced age. I was semi-consciously aware but in some degree of denial from the ages of about fifteen to twenty-one, and I have a friend who is about thirty and just starting to wonder things about him(?)self. If I'd had a Catholic wedding at, say, nineteen (vanishingly unlikely in my social circles but still), I really don't know enough about the process of annulment to be able to take a guess at whether the extent to which I was aware of it at that time would have been enough to have the marriage ruled invalid later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies