Pacific needs a voting booth opened
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:27:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific needs a voting booth opened
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Pacific needs a voting booth opened  (Read 2126 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2015, 10:39:49 AM »

The fundamental problem here is that literally no one took notice of the fact that we had an election scheduled. Putting up the notice slipped the mind, but curiously no one objected. If the CJO wants to rule by decree I applaud him for at least getting things done. You can't have a government function if only 1-2 people are actually bothering to engage. And it's not like I haven't tried to draw in more people, but between other regions and federal appointments all the leading Pacificans have been drawn out instead.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »

Furthermore the backlog of gubernatorially-introducuced legislation hitherto ignored by the former Speaker deserves notice.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2015, 10:56:50 AM »

The fundamental problem here is that literally no one took notice of the fact that we had an election scheduled. Putting up the notice slipped the mind, but curiously no one objected. If the CJO wants to rule by decree I applaud him for at least getting things done. You can't have a government function if only 1-2 people are actually bothering to engage. And it's not like I haven't tried to draw in more people, but between other regions and federal appointments all the leading Pacificans have been drawn out instead.

Ins't a major problem the fact the Governor didn't post anything for about 3 weeks?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2015, 11:01:24 AM »

Ins't a major problem the fact the Governor didn't post anything for about 3 weeks?

It would be if that was actually the case.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2015, 11:11:37 AM »

But that is the case, not sure what the pacific rules are but in many regions that would lead to impeachment
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2015, 12:29:23 PM by oakvale »

Nice show of solidarity from the "rebels" who are cheerfully attempting to fling their old enemy out of office on flimsy pretext here. Be careful who you pal around with, Turk.

On what grounds is the "emergency" gubernatorial election being called?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »

Can someone explain me what is going on?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2015, 12:39:14 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

But that is the case, not sure what the pacific rules are but in many regions that would lead to impeachment

If so, it would be the height of hypocrisy.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2015, 01:12:13 PM »

At least the governor isn't an obese bla...

oh.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2015, 05:36:52 PM by President bore »

Ok, after reading this thread and related ones over like 8 times to try and get some idea of what's happened, and, assuming the pacific constitution on the wiki is up to date it seems pretty clear to me that ebowed's actions are illegal and the voting booth is not valid.

The only, possibly relevant section is this one:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But, of course, there is no vacancy, and given there is no council to impeach simfan, he's there until the next election or until he resigns.

Which leads me to conclude that what's happening is some sort of crime and simfan is the rightful governor.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies