South Carolina shooter's photos found on white supremacist website
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:28:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  South Carolina shooter's photos found on white supremacist website
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: South Carolina shooter's photos found on white supremacist website  (Read 2341 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »

So apparently today Gov. Haley, Senators Graham and Scott and maybe some other Republicans are going to call for the flag to come down. Before these photos came out they all waffled on the issue but (as I predicted) these photos were the straw that broke the back. The flag is no longer defensible, even for GOPers. I'm just surprised it took this long.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »

So apparently today Gov. Haley, Senators Graham and Scott and maybe some other Republicans are going to call for the flag to come down. Before these photos came out they all waffled on the issue but (as I predicted) these photos were the straw that broke the back. The flag is no longer defensible, even for GOPers. I'm just surprised it took this long.

I'm not surprised you took some good news of elected Republicans using their power in the state to do the right thing and spun it into that comment.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2015, 02:51:44 PM »

HuffPo has the manifesto. This portion is interesting and essentially shows how he was radicalized on the Internet.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here is a pic of the leader of the Council of Conservative Citizens holding a rally defending the Confederate Flag flying at the capital in South Carolina

And here is a lovely picture of some of the Council of Conservative Citizens celebrating their victory of keeping the flag on the grounds

Again, I look forward to those defending the flag on the grounds and how it is part of their heritage.

Watch out. You might get flagged down for copyright infringement around these parts.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2015, 02:54:35 PM »

I'm not surprised you took some good news of elected Republicans using their power in the state to do the right thing and spun it into that comment.

In the days following the shooting these people all waffled on the issue, with Graham even talking about how the flag represented "who we are" in South Carolina. Why did it take the images of the shooter holding the flag along with public pressure to get these people onto the right side of history?

Yes I am glad they are doing it but they missed their first chance to show leadership last week. Now they are just playing cleanup.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2015, 03:07:00 PM »

In the days following the shooting these people all waffled on the issue, with Graham even talking about how the flag represented "who we are" in South Carolina. Why did it take the images of the shooter holding the flag along with public pressure to get these people onto the right side of history?

Yes I am glad they are doing it but they missed their first chance to show leadership last week. Now they are just playing cleanup.

"Right side of history"  as if this is an issue that affects anybody's livelihood. Yeah, it should be taken down because the government shouldn't be making a statement against its own federal government, but let's not kid ourselves here.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2015, 03:35:20 PM »

That pretty white boy isn't going to fare well in prison.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »

But don't necessarily expect the flag to come down anytime real soon. Even though the SC legislature is already scheduled to meet for a special session this week, it's not clear that they can be bothered to add this to the agenda.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2015, 04:41:54 PM »

But don't necessarily expect the flag to come down anytime real soon. Even though the SC legislature is already scheduled to meet for a special session this week, it's not clear that they can be bothered to add this to the agenda.
They just scheduled to begin to discuss it tomorrow
rob in cal
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2015, 11:18:08 AM »

I'm wondering if all of this will lead to more discussion and research of the volatile issue of interracial crime, since that was the shooter's excuse, or one of the top ones anyway, for his massacre.  Perhaps it would be good to get this issue out of the hands of the fringe movements and have more responsible and moderate figures weigh in on the issue.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies