South Carolina shooter's photos found on white supremacist website (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:29:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  South Carolina shooter's photos found on white supremacist website (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Carolina shooter's photos found on white supremacist website  (Read 2415 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: June 22, 2015, 03:07:00 PM »

So apparently today Gov. Haley, Senators Graham and Scott and maybe some other Republicans are going to call for the flag to come down. Before these photos came out they all waffled on the issue but (as I predicted) these photos were the straw that broke the back. The flag is no longer defensible, even for GOPers. I'm just surprised it took this long.

I'm not surprised you took some good news of elected Republicans using their power in the state to do the right thing and spun it into that comment.

In the days following the shooting these people all waffled on the issue, with Graham even talking about how the flag represented "who we are" in South Carolina. Why did it take the images of the shooter holding the flag along with public pressure to get these people onto the right side of history?

Yes I am glad they are doing it but they missed their first chance to show leadership last week. Now they are just playing cleanup.

"Right side of history"  as if this is an issue that affects anybody's livelihood. Yeah, it should be taken down because the government shouldn't be making a statement against its own federal government, but let's not kid ourselves here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies