Atlas Bush Approval Rating
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:47:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Atlas Bush Approval Rating
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Overall, do you approve of George W. Bush as President?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Atlas Bush Approval Rating  (Read 2165 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2005, 07:02:15 AM »

He's slumping in the nationwide polls; let's see how well he does in the forum.  Just a simple yes/no poll.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 07:36:56 AM »

What a stupid question. There are so many foreigners here, all of which oppose him, that's there no comparison.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 10:35:28 AM »

Yes - strongly approve
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 01:17:45 PM »

What a stupid question. There are so many foreigners here, all of which oppose him, that's there no comparison.

This is an important point.  Tends to skew the poll.  Regardless, overall, I have to vote approve.  Not strongly though.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:00:23 PM »

No- Strongly disapprove
Banana Republic
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 02:16:29 PM »

No.

I disapprove of the entire Republican party, which has turned into a corrupt, bloated, big-government, deficit-running, irresponsible sham.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 02:17:30 PM »

LOL

slightly approve
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 02:23:04 PM »

Yes on foreign policy and social issues, barely on economics (spending, deficit...)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »

Yes-mildly approve.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 02:58:02 PM »

Slightly greater approval of Bush than of Kerry if he was president, but as my avatar would suggest I didn't vote for either.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 03:06:08 PM »

approve.

although many bush critics (and even some republicans) like to whine constantly about iraq, ive no doubt that history will prove bush was correct.

but, of course, our democrat friends (like john kerry) would rather pretend terrorism is just a 'nuisance'
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 03:06:48 PM »

No.

I don't agree with him on economics (he seems more driven by his big business interests than on any actual desire for conservative government), social issues (no need to talk about that), and the way he goes about foreign policy (I could tolerate it, but his administration is ridiculously unable to admit fault).
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 03:25:53 PM »

Slightly greater approval of Bush than of Kerry if he was president, but as my avatar would suggest I didn't vote for either.

same here
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 03:27:29 PM »

Yes, pretty much. Wish he would be a bit more flexable on the Social Security issue, but I feel he is doing a fien job. Damn shame that he can't get more things like the Partial Birth Abortion Act through Congress.
Cashcow

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 03:49:17 PM »

I strongly disapprove, though I probably would have disapproved of Kerry as well.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 03:56:16 PM »

although many bush critics (and even some republicans) like to whine constantly about iraq, ive no doubt that history will prove bush was correct.

Correct about what?  Weapons of Mass Destruction?  That Saddam brought down the twin towers?  Or that the phoney 'War on Terror' won him an election and made fortunes for his prime constituency?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 07:46:17 PM »

Approve.  He's certainly a lot better than Kerry would have been, in my opinion.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 07:52:44 PM »

Correct about what?  Weapons of Mass Destruction?  That Saddam brought down the twin towers?  Or that the phoney 'War on Terror' won him an election and made fortunes for his prime constituency?

correct in taking out saddam.  and correct in claiming that a democratic iraq would lead to a more democratic middle east.

it is clear saddam had wmds.  im sure they are still out there.  we will find out eventually.  unfortunately, i fear we will find out  when they are used against us interests by terrorists.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 08:00:17 PM »

I strongly disapprove, though I probably would have disapproved of Kerry as well.

Same here. Bush is a big government hack. He's soft on illegal immigration, apparently loves deficit spending, and wants to expand the federal government. "Conservative"? Yeah, right.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 10:35:08 PM »

No - strongly disapprove.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 01:19:01 AM »

Tongue
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2005, 01:56:28 AM »

correct in taking out saddam.  and correct in claiming that a democratic iraq would lead to a more democratic middle east.

it is clear saddam had wmds.  im sure they are still out there.  we will find out eventually.  unfortunately, i fear we will find out  when they are used against us interests by terrorists.

Its also wrong to say that no WMD have been found.  We found 500 tons of uranium at Tuwaitha, some of it enriched.  That's troublesome, and the inspectors weren't even looking for it.  This is a very different find than the expected chemical stckpiles, but significant nonetheless.  I would be more worried about 500 tons of uranium than stockpiles of mustard gas, so in a sense, the WMD threat was worse, though different, than anticipated.

I guess I have to take back any RINO comments I've made about you in the past, don't I?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2005, 09:01:06 AM »

well, I think that's understood, and anyway any poll you take here is a straw poll, so no harm done. 

I approve of Bush as president.  On specific issues I have grave concerns, and a gulf of ideological disagreement with the man, but overall his cockiness and swagger resonates very much with the type A male.  or at least with this one.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2005, 09:07:41 AM »

Although we agree on a number of specific issues, more often than not we do, I have to say we're philosophical opposites in a sense here.  I'm fond of John Kerry as well.  Don't necessarily think he'd make a good president, but I have voted for him as Senator and would probably do so again if the opportunity arose.  I imagine if he'd won, and, ceteris paribus, he'd established an agenda, I'd approve of him as well.  That's a big ceteris paribus though, so I shouldn't get ahead of myself.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 09:24:09 AM »

No, he's too secretive, his administraiton has been involved in too many incidents of probable corruption, he's excessively partisan even for this day and age, I don't approve of either his foreign or domestic policy. I guess that just about covers it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies