Atlas Bush Approval Rating
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:44:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Atlas Bush Approval Rating
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Overall, do you approve of George W. Bush as President?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Atlas Bush Approval Rating  (Read 2168 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 09:26:57 AM »

very strongly disapprove.

correct in taking out saddam.  and correct in claiming that a democratic iraq would lead to a more democratic middle east.

If a democratic nation would lead to neighboring nations being democratic, it would've already happened in the Middle East because of Israel, but it hasn't. And there's many examples in Africa and Southeast Asia that show this doesn't happen, it's entirely possible for a nation to be a democracy and this having no such effect on its neighbors.

And besides, a democratic Middle East wouldn't neccesarily be a good thing anyway since the Muslims will just vote in extremist terrorist-supporting governments anyway. Just like Algeria 1992. That's already happening in Iraq anyway, it's heading down the path toward being a Shiite theocracy.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 09:50:11 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2005, 10:35:22 AM by angus »

I hate to admit this, but your photos are starting to have some affect on the polling data.  Surely they knew there would be cameras.  what was he thinking?  if anything.  A picture is certainly worth a thousand words.  And bush is known to be a kisser.  There are hundreds of photos of Bush kissing Snowe, Blair, Ashcroft, Powell, reporters, journalists, etc., but Kissing the bald head of one of your advisors is one thing.  Kissing (and hugging and frolicking and hand-holding) with the House of Saud was a big PR snafu.  Usually they're pretty scripted, controlled, and tight-lipped, at least in comparison with the previous white house, so I can't help thinking that he has something up his sleeve. 
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 09:58:53 AM »

Mildly approve for social policy and foreign policy reasons.

I'd approve of him more if he had vetoed every bit of domestic legislation since taking office in 2001, with the exception of the 1st tax cut.
MissCatholic

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 12:02:31 PM »

No - as a democrat who thinks itself to be pretty moderate compared to other people i still think that bush has failed to reach across the table to the 48% of the people that voted agaisnt him.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 12:47:21 PM »

No - as a democrat who thinks itself to be pretty moderate compared to other people i still think that bush has failed to reach across the table to the 48% of the people that voted agaisnt him.

I think that's true.  But I also think it would be true no matter what he's done, since that 48% will continue to see it that way till the day he leaves office.  It's a matter of definition, and the definition of "reacing across" seems to be, among that crowd, "Something that Bush doesn't do."  Fair enough, I suppose.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 01:00:29 PM »

...overall his cockiness and swagger resonates very much with the type A male.  or at least with this one.

So all we have to do is nominate someone who acts like a pimp and you'll consider him?  How about Snoop?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2005, 01:09:43 PM »

very strongly disapprove.

correct in taking out saddam.  and correct in claiming that a democratic iraq would lead to a more democratic middle east.

If a democratic nation would lead to neighboring nations being democratic, it would've already happened in the Middle East because of Israel, but it hasn't. And there's many examples in Africa and Southeast Asia that show this doesn't happen, it's entirely possible for a nation to be a democracy and this having no such effect on its neighbors.

And besides, a democratic Middle East wouldn't neccesarily be a good thing anyway since the Muslims will just vote in extremist terrorist-supporting governments anyway. Just like Algeria 1992. That's already happening in Iraq anyway, it's heading down the path toward being a Shiite theocracy.

Since Israel is seen as the enemy by most of the Middle East, I can't see how you can justify your statement.  No one wants to imitate their enemies.  I also think your arguing the sky isn't blue, as we've now seen significant change politically in many Middle eastern nations like Egypt, lebanon, Palestine, and Saudi Arabia.  You're basically arguing the the cause and effect we have already observed did not happen, which is a bit insane.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies