Solidarity with Simfan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:31:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Solidarity with Simfan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Solidarity with Simfan  (Read 1641 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2015, 05:48:54 PM »

The Pacific is a mess, the region is on the verge of anarchy, and the agitators have seized control of the lawfully elected governor. I know I am not alone among the Pacific Citizens appalled by these actions, and believe a silent majority of the population opposes the actions of Ebowed and his cohort Turkisblau. I urge my fellow Pacificans and Atlasians to join me in protesting this unconstitutional imprisonment and take to the streets throughout the region to make our voices heard. The only legitimate government is headed by Simfan, not Ebowed. I urge my allies not to employ violence, but peaceful protests throughout the region and, hopefully, the nation. We cannot stand by and let our region fall into anarchy once more.

These agitators would have the region fall into a civil war, would have us execute the innocent, and wreck any possibility of functional government on a regional level. I urge the people of the region to stand up and through protesting fight this injustice.

Furthermore I am opening a petition right here calling for Simfan's release, and I hope you will sign it. Together we can show these treasonous fools that we will not stand by and let them hijack our region.

X-Spamage
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:50:47 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2015, 05:56:21 PM by oakvale »

X Oakvale

Sen. Turkisblau's conduct is unbecoming of The People's Party and I'm disappointed to see him participating in this charade, let alone respected senior Atlasians like Bacon King and Ebowed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:18:14 PM »

While I am all for shenanigans, I believe we must find a way to - without there being any doubt as to the constitutionality of it - legally and violently remove Inactive Governor Simfan from office.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »

I'll sign this. I am not a Pacifican but I don't agree with detaining people. I was detained in the Pacific, the conditions were awful and it gets lonely. You feel so powerless. I benefited from citizens asking for my release. I also don't like how people can grab power in undemocratic manner.

I will travel to join the protest and for my safety will be disguised as a pumpkin.

x Poirot
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »

I'll sign this. I am not a Pacifican but I don't agree with detaining people. I was detained in the Pacific, the conditions were awful and it gets lonely. You feel so powerless. I benefited from citizens asking for my release. I also don't like how people can grab power in undemocratic manner.

I will travel to join the protest and for my safety will be disguised as a pumpkin.

x Poirot

Why would you express solidarity with the man that imprisoned you? Broken heart
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 07:26:50 PM »

I try to not focus on that fact  but on the situation and how he is treated and how I would not like to happen to me.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 07:32:51 PM »

If found, you will be deported from the Pacific Region immediately.  (If not eaten first, our riot police love pumpkins.)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »

I will not be found because I didn't write my real disguise. I thought it would could be dangerous to reveal my first idea for disguise so I wrote another one. That way if a pumpkin is caught it will not be really me.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 07:43:12 PM »

xDkrol
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 07:52:28 PM »

As a new resident, I am encouraged by Ebowed's swift and decisive leadership. Granted I only just started playing, but I understand it's my right to contribute my unsolicited opinions (yay freedoms). So, it's telling that Simfan didn't even show up to address the population until well after the crisis had come to a head. And frankly, when I decided to join The People's Party, I had thought they encouraged strong regional governments.. the opposite of invisible regional governments.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »

I will not be found because I didn't write my real disguise. I thought it would could be dangerous to reveal my first idea for disguise so I wrote another one. That way if a pumpkin is caught it will not be really me.

This is why I voted for you last time.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 08:32:29 PM »

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 08:35:50 PM »

As a new resident, I am encouraged by Ebowed's swift and decisive leadership. Granted I only just started playing, but I understand it's my right to contribute my unsolicited opinions (yay freedoms). So, it's telling that Simfan didn't even show up to address the population until well after the crisis had come to a head. And frankly, when I decided to join The People's Party, I had thought they encouraged strong regional governments.. the opposite of invisible regional governments.

While I've been an occasional critic of the governor, Eboweds actions are undermining legitimate leadership.

X-JCL
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 08:45:55 PM »

I support Ebowed's righteous coup, and I encourage all workers to rise up in solidarity and support the saviors of the Pacific!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 10:34:01 PM »

Free Simfan!  Elbowed's communist coup must be stopped!

x cinyc
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 10:35:02 PM »

Simfan's tenure has been rocky at best, but he deserves to go out with dignity, not with a coup.

x Maxwell
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »

Simfan's tenure has been rocky at best, but he deserves to go out with dignity, not with a coup.

x Maxwell

This. 

X Mr. X
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 02:29:01 PM »

Elbowed's communist coup must be stopped!

DEY ARE AMONG US!

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »

you married ebowed? goddammit, now i'm gonna have to rewrite all of my fanfictions
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 06:07:35 PM »

I don't know where you got the idea that our platform is communist, cynyc, but I can assure you that my modest proposals are only a beginner's attempt to start to remedy the wounds inflicted by the oligarchy upon our fair People.  Far be it from a coup as the Council, once elected, will have the power to amend or repeal any of my laws should they see fit.  I would obviously recommend against it!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 07:56:03 PM »

I don't know where you got the idea that our platform is communist, cynyc, but I can assure you that my modest proposals are only a beginner's attempt to start to remedy the wounds inflicted by the oligarchy upon our fair People.  Far be it from a coup as the Council, once elected, will have the power to amend or repeal any of my laws should they see fit.  I would obviously recommend against it!

You called your policies "Cultural Marxism" yourself.  Karl Marx was a communist.  How it is a stretch to think that your platform isn't communist?  Stealing wages from workers because they may what you deem to be too much is inherently communist.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 07:58:59 PM »

You called your policies "Cultural Marxism" yourself.  Karl Marx was a communist.  How it is a stretch to think that your platform isn't communist?  Stealing wages from workers because they may what you deem to be too much is inherently communist.

Cultural Marxism has little to do with economic policy.  Our platform is not expressly communist; but I will concede that it is atypical to find an agenda so in tune with the goals of the common worker.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 08:02:42 PM »

Labor is a culturally-Marxist party but has never been actually Communist. I second Ebowed's statements.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »

This is why I voted for you last time.

^^^ This
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM »

I try to not focus on that fact  but on the situation and how he is treated and how I would not like to happen to me.

More seriously, I find this to be the most compelling aspect of Poirot as he has a degree of fairness and honesty that so many don't seem to fancy any more.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies