Romney shows courage, Santorum cops out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:31:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Romney shows courage, Santorum cops out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney shows courage, Santorum cops out  (Read 2177 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: June 22, 2015, 07:53:42 PM »

Mitt Romney showed real leadership by demanding that South Carolina take down the Confederate flag, whereas Presidential candidate Rick Santorum cops out and says leave it to the states, showing no leadership whatsoever.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/20/mitt-romney-confederate-flag_n_7627776.html

Mitt Romney on Saturday called on South Carolina to take down the Confederate flag flying outside its statehouse.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/rick-santorum-confederate-flag-states/2015/06/21/id/651534/

It should be up to people on the state level, not the federal government, to decide if the Confederate flag should continue to fly on South Carolina's statehouse property and in other locations, GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum said Sunday.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 08:03:05 PM »

Well, based on this, it looks like Romney will crush Santorum for the 2012 GOP nomination.

If  Mitt was a candidate, of course he would, then go on to win the general.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 08:15:17 PM »

Well, based on this, it looks like Romney will crush Santorum for the 2012 GOP nomination.

I love it.

As do I.  Romney epitomizes leadership, while the Republican field, including Santorum, dithers.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »

Everybody, please, do NOT say anything nice about Mitt, even though he speaks out for what is right, while some Republican candidates do not have the guts to step up to the plate and do the right thing.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 08:44:31 PM »

Nevertheless, the facts speak for themselves.

Romney had the courage to repudiate the Confederate flag.

Santorum is simply afraid of losing primary votes and therefore lacks the courage to do the right thing.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:05:44 PM »

This Republican field lacks courage.

Mitt, as is his nature, exemplifies courage.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 10:44:02 PM »

Santorum is a joke.  He lost his senate seat by 19 points which is a record for a sitting senator in the history of the senate.  

Jeb Bush is the only candidate in the field that has showed courage.  He called Nikki Haley personally and encourage her to take the flag down and he hasn't changed his view on immigration reform.  He has guts.

Yes, I really do not know why he keeps running and running.  It seems to me he sticks his foot in his mouth almost every time he opens it.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »

I agree most of the Republican field is pathetic and are totally unqualified to be a candidate, let alone a nominee, and most certainly not a President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies