Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:39:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus  (Read 539 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2015, 09:35:29 PM »

I, Governor Simfan34, hereby seek relief from the Supreme Court from my present unjust imprisonment at the order of the Chief Judicial Officer of the Pacific Region, and apply for a writ of habeas corpus so that the present charges against me be dropped and I be released if my present captors cannot prove their right to maintain my detention.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »

This has been seen, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »

Supreme Court of Atlasia
Nyman, DC

Writ of Habeas Corpus

(Senior Associate Justice Oakvale delivered the Writ after consultation with Chief Justice bgwah and Assc. Justice TJ)

The Supreme Court of Atlasia commands the immediate release of Governor Simfan from his imprisonment and his transfer to the custody of the Supreme Court of Atlasia in Nyman, where the Pacific Justice, Ebowed, must produce evidence of both authority to and grounds for the Governor's imprisonment. Should the Justice fail to satisfy the Court on both these grounds Simfan will be released.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »

I have ordered the release of the Governor, as directed, and the transfer into the hands of the Supreme Court.

I will have a brief ready shortly.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »

Thank you Mr. Justice, the quick response is much appreciated.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 08:50:19 PM »

Your Honors, I ordered the arrest of Governor Simfan34 upon determination that a lack of administration for an election was sufficient grounds to take this action in the fear that further problems from his tenure would disturb the ongoing process of holding an emergency election as quickly as possible.  It was an error in judgement to hold a vote on the position of Governor, and the voting booth has been rectified to address this.

In making my determination, I noted that both our most recently open public booth (for a constitutional amendment) had not been certified or closed; nor had the most recently addressed piece of Council legislation been moved along under traditional procedures.  It was clear to me that the state of the government was in a sense of crisis and that swift penalties were necessary to restore confidence in the Region.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:36:24 AM »

Supreme Court of Atlasia
Nyman, DC

Court Order

This is a formal order of the Supreme Court. Failure to comply will be considered contempt of court and lead to prosecution under the Contempt of Court Act (2009)

(Senior Associate Justice Oakvale delivered the Court Oder after consultation with Chief Justice bgwah and Assc. Justice TJ)

Having reviewed the honourable Justice Ebowed's submission upon the writ of habeas corpus granted on June 23rd, and found no legal grounds for Simfan's incarceration, the Supreme Court of Atlasia commands the immediate release of Governor Simfan and his return to his rightful office of Governor of the Pacific, unencumbered and without delay.

Simfan is hereby released from the custody of the Supreme Court. He is free to go.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »

(Sorry about being late here. Grin)

The federal government fully supports and endorses this sensible decision.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies