--- Emergency Alert System --- Nationwide --- (Event Nullified) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:29:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  --- Emergency Alert System --- Nationwide --- (Event Nullified) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: --- Emergency Alert System --- Nationwide --- (Event Nullified)  (Read 2844 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: June 23, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »

Yeah, Cynic did a great job with the position and his performance was met with near-universal acclaim. I'm not sure what a nuclear attack, assassination attempts, or repeated rebellions are supposed to achieve aside from demonstrating how bored you are. Stories like these are dramatic but not particularly interesting or engaging for other players. They're not even related to anything that the game's players have done. It's just chaos for the sake of chaos, and most Atlasians will ignore if just as they've ignored the last half dozen stories that have no connection to anything that real people have done.

I wasn't perfect and neither was Kal, but I know his heart was in the right place, better than Nick's at least. I think Kal did as good a job as one could do and if there was anything negative about it, it was that he'd feel bored. The next GM has a bit of a mess to clean up, so I wish that person luck just as I wished Kal luck when I had to resign. It's a tough job, he did his best, and we at least owe him that.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:47:37 PM »

I really am sorry this happened to Kal. It'll probably happen to whoever takes the office in the future. You're either ignored or run out of town and the job is a grind when you're trying to crunch numbers and if you're like me and not terribly good at the math side of things, it can be hell.

I dunno if the office is going to survive now. But if the game really is just all about running and winning elections, then I'm sorry, but I just find that idea boring. I supported Kal's story, even if he went over the top. I wanted to at least see where it went.

My own passion for this game has reached a very low ebb, so maybe it's time for a break for me. We need to decide now what this game should be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies