--- Emergency Alert System --- Nationwide --- (Event Nullified) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  --- Emergency Alert System --- Nationwide --- (Event Nullified) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: --- Emergency Alert System --- Nationwide --- (Event Nullified)  (Read 2841 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: June 24, 2015, 03:01:17 AM »

I support the GM's existence. I mean some already think we live in a bubble, but this would only confirm it and allow our worst excesses to run amok. I think unfortunately for Kal, despite many months of good work, he clearly became bored. Part of it was due to some not taking him updates into consideration in their work, as a senator, I must take my share of responsibility for that. But at the same time, when updates become more unrealistic and more extreme, it becomes harder and harder to reconcile what you're doing and the what, for a time, appeared a never-ending torrent of bloodshed and D-R-A-M-A.

I think Kal's decision to resign was the right one, only because, as a game, you shouldn't stay in a position you're clearly resenting and finding a waste of time and energy. I personally think if you cannot generate interest or excitement for this without resorting to stunts and the aforementioned D-R-A-M-A, then you need to reconsider why you're here, this is especially true for bored newbies. Your mettle will be tested far more by how you manage the boring times, not how you make times exciting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies