Northeast Election Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:38:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Election Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Do you believe the results of the Northeast election should be deemed as valid?
Yes

No

Don't Know

Not from Northeast

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Northeast Election Poll  (Read 3766 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2015, 05:16:29 AM »

Simple poll - three days to vote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 05:21:58 AM »

There's 3 meat puppets, a missing vote and another fiasco involving the northeast. My views are well know on the issue, and this election certainly has a massive cloud over it
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 09:17:27 AM »

Also, there was a bill put forward clarifying election procedure but was never put up for debate by the Speaker, who just happened to be the running mate of the one making meat puppets.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 09:55:17 AM »

Also, there was a bill put forward clarifying election procedure but was never put up for debate by the Speaker, who just happened to be the running mate of the one making meat puppets.

It wasn't a bill - it was a report. The Electoral Commission was tasked with issuing a recommendation, not writing a bill.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 11:39:50 AM »

Was the Assembly supposed to vote on the reccomendations? (If it wasn't, I'll withdraw this.)

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2015, 12:25:11 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

There's 3 meat puppets, a missing vote and another fiasco involving the northeast. My views are well know on the issue, and this election certainly has a massive cloud over it

I just did a run-down of all the twistory votes (Winfield, Poirot, AutumnLeaf, twistory, and JoMCaR) - all of them meet the activity requirements (10 posts/56 days). The poster with the most time between their ten posts is AutumnLeaf, who had 36 days between them.

It's very complicated, considering the CJO isn't even here to answer questions, but my best guess is that this error was due to oversight on his part. As for the meat-puppetry, I don't have the power to invalidate their votes. According to Atlasia vs. Southeast II, and Article 5, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Atlasian Constitution, the Senate has the only ability to determine activity and registration rules, so unless the federal government takes action against JoMCaR and his friends, we as a region cannot do anything about it legally.

And as I've said before, voter fraud, according to the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, is only defined as the creation of identities other than one's primary identity. From personal, impartial detective work from Bacon King, there's proof beyond a reasonable doubt that all four are technically separate from each other, so I don't think they can be charged.

So was it fair? No. Was it valid? As unfortunate of a situation as it is, twistory gets by on a technicality. Can we close that loophole? Absolutely - though it'll have to go through the Senate.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:34:06 PM »

Should twistory fail to swear in within one week of the legislative session's opening, his seat will be considered vacant.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 12:55:17 PM »

Should twistory fail to swear in within one week of the legislative session's opening, his seat will be considered vacant.
Would that cause a special election or the next place candidate to be elected?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »

Would that cause a special election or the next place candidate to be elected?

That'd cause a special election.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 02:26:09 PM »

Yes.

1. Everything was done within the rules.
2. I said it before and I'll say it again: my friends are not puppets, and I won't allow anyone to call them like that. They are free-thinking people who didn't become more active because of unfortunate events. I'll tell them all about this so that they can address this issue themselves.
3. I won't mind new rules, but I won't support or allow targeting. I would be concerned how this rules affect newbies though.
4. Instead of complaining about me bringing my friends, why don't you try to bring yours? Don't you like to share interests with your friends?
5. If you want a recall, it's your right to petition one. I would, of course, give a fight.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »

I think the biggest question here is why you'd ever tell your friends about this place.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 02:55:27 PM »

I think the biggest question here is why you'd ever tell your friends about this place.

Why not share your hobbies with your closest friends? They are all very close to me Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 04:39:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bollocks-you brought them in to help boost your votes, and to simply get them on the ballot. They are puppets-the concerning thing is that one of them got elected with a single post that was pretty much 'vote for me I'm good'. Now I know that's just the party system but surely folks we're gonna vote for people who actually turn up with a good set of policies, character etc.

We're not complaining, we're showing that there's widespread disgust at how you handled this. . This is nixon-esque style politics, and lets' pray this never happens again
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »

Bollocks-you brought them in to help boost your votes, and to simply get them on the ballot. They are puppets-the concerning thing is that one of them got elected with a single post that was pretty much 'vote for me I'm good'. Now I know that's just the party system but surely folks we're gonna vote for people who actually turn up with a good set of policies, character etc.

We're not complaining, we're showing that there's widespread disgust at how you handled this. . This is nixon-esque style politics, and lets' pray this never happens again

No Blair, they came because they wanted to. And well, that also happened to boost my votes for an office I initially didn't plan to run for.

Widespread? I've seen no one who's not from the left say a word. And I'm pretty sure that Nixon-style politics don't include telling your friends that they're free to vote for whoever they want Tongue
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 05:08:24 PM »

Widespread? I've seen no one who's not from the left say a word.

we already know the atlasian right is desperate enough to tacitly endorse any kind of cheap tactic at all, thanks Curly
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »

No Blair, they came because they wanted to. And well, that also happened to boost my votes for an office I initially didn't plan to run for.

Widespread? I've seen no one who's not from the left say a word. And I'm pretty sure that Nixon-style politics don't include telling your friends that they're free to vote for whoever they want Tongue

Oh yeah they all came at the exactly same time, and all wanted to vote Federalist candidates into office. Don't try and play the violin-it's a shameless attempt to try and stack the Northeast.

Do I really need to lecture you on how hyper-partisan politics works? I haven't seen anyone support you in this whole fiasco, I haven't seen anyone leaping to your claims that your some sort of restorer of democratic rights (as you claim) and I haven't seen any form of approval of this meat-puppetry
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 10:46:18 AM »

Seems as if we're going to have a special election anyway - as Twistory won't be able to swear in by the deadline...
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »

I don't understand how votes of real voters who are real life friends of Atlasians should be invalidated if they met all activity and other requirements.  We should encourage more participants in the game, not discourage them.  This is not puppetry.  It is fair campaigning.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »

I don't understand how votes of real voters who are real life friends of Atlasians should be invalidated if they met all activity and other requirements.  We should encourage more participants in the game, not discourage them.  This is not puppetry.  It is fair campaigning.

They're not being invalidated, twistory won't be taking his seat voluntarily so we need an election to fill the vacancy.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 04:52:55 PM »

They're not being invalidated, twistory won't be taking his seat voluntarily so we need an election to fill the vacancy.

Some people want to change the law to have votes like these invalidated.  I'm not sure why or even how.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 12:50:20 AM »

This is not new. For years everytime a conservative would join this game, they were accused of being Hamilton's next sock or puppet. Half of the Federalist Party was alleged to be Wolftentoad's minions. Or one of Tmth's friends. Many of whom became well respected, independent players.

When the RPP (stick it) surged past three other parties to take the lead in registration in December 2010, Antonio cried fowl. Who was he crying fowl over, people like Cathcon. Roll Eyes A sock if I ever seen one.

Leftists can recruit from their vast reserve on the Atlas forum at will, but if a Conservative dare's do any recruiting, be it from the forum more or less from some other source, its blooming scandal. Meanwhile because of dickheads, we have lost two members to deregistration because it is just to nasty  and not worth it. One can hardly blame them.

Sawx you ask why he would bring his friends here. Sometimes I have to wonder why anyone would want to bring anyone into this cesspool, when this is the environment they are greeted with. This game is dying and I wonder at times if some of you want it dead. People want to play this game to have fun, they want to attract new people because new people means new candidates and yes new voters for previously unelectable candidates to have a chance at success for once. You set some basic activity grounds, make sure they aren't socks and trolls and encourage them to be active. If they meet that criteria, why the hell should it matter where they came from? Sure you don't want the stormfront crowd, but since Wolf left, who has come from there?

If you want to find out who is really destroying this game, then take a good long look in the damn mirror, people. 
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 01:07:53 AM »

Sawx you ask why he would bring his friends here. Sometimes I have to wonder why anyone would want to bring anyone into this cesspool, when this is the environment they are greeted with. This game is dying and I wonder at times if some of you want it dead. People want to play this game to have fun, they want to attract new people because new people means new candidates and yes new voters for previously unelectable candidates to have a chance at success for once. You set some basic activity grounds, make sure they aren't socks and trolls and encourage them to be active. If they meet that criteria, why the hell should it matter where they came from? Sure you don't want the stormfront crowd, but since Wolf left, who has come from there?

For the record, I was talking about the forum as a whole, not Atlasia itself.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 01:09:09 AM »

Some people want to change the law to have votes like these invalidated.  I'm not sure why or even how.

Those people are angry and hurt that they lost. They're lashing out like children, trying to change the rules to benefit them. While I hope to see JoMCaR's friends become more active, there is fundamentally nothing wrong with recruiting IRL. This has happened for years from people of various ideological persuasions and it will continue to happen.

Also, Yankee has a point. This new srs bsns attitude that some people have is annoying, and it is really draining the life out of this place. People used to get to rebel and recruit friends and whatever else. Nobody ever talked about punishing people for that until recently. The more tightly you regulate the behavior of everyone involved, the less anyone is going to bother with this place. There's a point where it ceases to be worth the headache.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 01:13:16 AM »

Ironically, my point still applies to the forum at-large since it is my view worse then aTLasia, though some would state the opposite at this stage, and many would just say it all sucks hence the presence of a new site. Either way, we have turned tihs site into a crap yard. The Mods may have restricted the content but it is the posters putting the final nail in the coffin.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 01:28:17 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 01:36:52 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

Ironically, my point still applies to the forum at-large since it is my view worse then aTLasia, though some would state the opposite at this stage, and many would just say it all sucks hence the presence of a new site. Either way, we have turned tihs site into a crap yard. The Mods may have restricted the content but it is the posters putting the final nail in the coffin.

My point was I don't know why you'd want to tell your friends in real life about this place, let alone Atlasia. I'm fairly sure none of my friends would ever talk to me if they knew about the sheer amount of f**kery I defended during the Repeal Age.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies