Northeast Election Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:02:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Election Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you believe the results of the Northeast election should be deemed as valid?
Yes

No

Don't Know

Not from Northeast

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Northeast Election Poll  (Read 3762 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 01:33:20 AM »

Sawx you ask why he would bring his friends here. Sometimes I have to wonder why anyone would want to bring anyone into this cesspool, when this is the environment they are greeted with. This game is dying and I wonder at times if some of you want it dead. People want to play this game to have fun, they want to attract new people because new people means new candidates and yes new voters for previously unelectable candidates to have a chance at success for once. You set some basic activity grounds, make sure they aren't socks and trolls and encourage them to be active. If they meet that criteria, why the hell should it matter where they came from? Sure you don't want the stormfront crowd, but since Wolf left, who has come from there?

For the record, I was talking about the forum as a whole, not Atlasia itself.

Ironically, my point still applies to the forum at-large since it is my view worse then aTLasia, though some would state the opposite at this stage, and many would just say it all sucks hence the presence of a new site. Either way, we have turned tihs site into a crap yard. The Mods may have restricted the content but it is the posters putting the final nail in the coffin.

My point was I don't know why you'd want to tell your friends in real life about this place, let alone Atlasia. I'm fairly sure none of my friends would ever talk to me if they knew about the sheer amount of f**kery I defended during the Repeal Age.

I don't know what that all is, "Repeal age"? Regardless, it is a game and thus actions are taken regarding issues that one might not take in real life. One would hope that they would keep that in mind were you to tell them but of course I can understand your desire to not to.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 01:36:29 AM »

I don't know what that all is, "Repeal age"? Regardless, it is a game and thus actions are taken regarding issues that one might not take in real life. One would hope that they would keep that in mind were you to tell them but of course I can understand your desire to not to.

It is much easier to say that when you haven't had to defend incest marriages.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 01:43:11 AM »

It is much easier to say that when you haven't had to defend incest marriages.

Once cold hard reality has beaten you down a couple of times, there is a part of you that wants to be optimistic. Tongue

Though you do make a related point to main. The more far affield we get from real life, the greater the disconnect felt by new players and the difficulties in adapting to an in game reality seperate from real life.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »

What in the seven circles of hell is this madness?!? Inactivity is a major problem, and the recruiting new players is being demonized?!?

The thing is, on the internet, who knows. Maybe JoMCaR really is just being partisan and getting people to vote his way. But that goes either way: it's just as easy to call the leftists dogpiling him "partisan" for trying to suppress the already smaller party!

Both of these claims are hard to prove, too accusatory, and sliding into the realm of personal attacks. Let's just learn to do all this civilly, and for crying out loud don't demonize recruiting, and maybe we can get the activity we all want. I mean, there are proposals in another thread for two regions to consolidate into each other due to the inactivity on this site, does using mob rule to suppress recruiting sound good to you?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2015, 03:39:26 AM »

What in the seven circles of hell is this madness?!? Inactivity is a major problem, and the recruiting new players is being demonized?!?

The thing is, on the internet, who knows. Maybe JoMCaR really is just being partisan and getting people to vote his way. But that goes either way: it's just as easy to call the leftists dogpiling him "partisan" for trying to suppress the already smaller party!

Both of these claims are hard to prove, too accusatory, and sliding into the realm of personal attacks. Let's just learn to do all this civilly, and for crying out loud don't demonize recruiting, and maybe we can get the activity we all want. I mean, there are proposals in another thread for two regions to consolidate into each other due to the inactivity on this site, does using mob rule to suppress recruiting sound good to you?

When are you going to run Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 06:43:49 AM »

Whenever I'm late for something while on foot, or want to exercise or engage in a sporting activity. Or perhaps if someone is chasing me, but I'd rather that not happen. Or maybe if I'm chasing someone else, although I can think of little occasion when that would happen, either.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »

Had I had any idea any of these candidates were or may have been involved in a sock conspiracy, I would under no circumstances have voted for any of them.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »

Had I had any idea any of these candidates were or may have been involved in a sock conspiracy, I would under no circumstances have voted for any of them.

I don't think anyone is accusing him of sock puppetry. They're saying it's "meat puppetry." JoMCaR brought in some of his friends from real life, and many of our leftist friends are accusing him of doing something wrong. Unless I've missed something, that's all. To me, while it might be more fun to participate in a witch-hunt (Salem is in the Northeast...) it makes more sense to give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, recruiting players isn't inherently wrong, with a need for more activity I'd say it's generally good.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »

Already a special election has to be called because one of his friends cannot swear in.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 11:03:13 PM »

Already a special election has to be called because one of his friends cannot swear in.

A product of an unexpected and unconvinient happening (internet problems). Let's hope he becomes active when that's solved.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 12:04:53 AM »

And that is exclusive to people recruited by their friends? As far as I know Jojoju1998 was a random recruit off the forum. I didn't recruit him myself so I wouldn't know. He won an election in a weird cricumstance, took office then vanished. That is why we have regional legislatures, to test newer players out before they run for higher office.

STill these concerns, valid though they may be (disappearing or not taking office, inactive etc etc), all can and do occur with those we randomly recruit off the site itself. Why are they being used as a compiled list of evils to demonize recruiting friends, when these things all happen with recruits off the site?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2015, 01:46:00 AM »

Is that a little fishy? Yeah, I suppose it is. Is it proof of foul play? Not at all. If someone is convicted of sock-puppetry, they'll (obviously) be eliminated from office. At that point, your vote for a theoretical sock-puppeteer won't be of much importance, so wanting to take back your vote because of *highly inconclusive evidence* is frankly silly.

Why does everyone think it's a good thing to jump to conclusions and accuse people of misdeeds? This whole thing is absurd.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 01:49:03 AM »

Is that a little fishy? Yeah, I suppose it is. Is it proof of foul play? Not at all. If someone is convicted of sock-puppetry, they'll (obviously) be eliminated from office. At that point, your vote for a theoretical sock-puppeteer won't be of much importance, so wanting to take back your vote because of *highly inconclusive evidence* is frankly silly.

Why does everyone think it's a good thing to jump to conclusions and accuse people of misdeeds? This whole thing is absurd.

what about the fact the other 2 puppets also haven't turned up since?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2015, 02:03:08 AM »

Actually at least one of the other two Peruvians has posted since then.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 02:11:19 AM »

You know, when 2 people stop posting, it could be for many reasons.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2015, 03:31:43 AM »

It just seems suspicious as hell doesn't it?
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »

Not if you think of all the possibilities. That's my point.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2015, 01:14:08 PM »

Not if you think of all the possibilities. That's my point.

What, 3 of your 'friends' turn up for an election, they all vote for the same party and then magically disappear after the election-it seems a tad suspicious to an outsider
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2015, 07:38:14 PM »

Maybe you guys pissed them off to the point they said f this, no game is worth this crap.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2015, 09:29:40 PM »

I realize things like losing internet access can happen, of course it could happen, and it could happen under a certain set of circumstances to any of us, or to anybody, who uses the internet.

Of course this could happen, but the timing just seems a little odd to me.

Just sayin'.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2015, 09:35:47 PM »

I realize things like losing internet access can happen, of course it could happen, and it could happen under a certain set of circumstances to any of us, or to anybody, who uses the internet.

Of course this could happen, but the timing just seems a little odd to me.

Just sayin'.

But if it were intentional, why has one of them posted since the incident and only two of the three have not? Surely, none of them would have if the desire was for them to vanish?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2015, 10:10:45 PM »

It does seem odd, perhaps suspicious even, but it's not cause for this witch-hunt. The only evidence is inconclusive.

People should be treated as innocent until proven guilty; especially in cases like this where if JoMCaR is, indeed, innocent, he's actually doing a good thing in recruiting new people.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2015, 01:46:26 AM »

It does seem odd, perhaps suspicious even, but it's not cause for this witch-hunt. The only evidence is inconclusive.

People should be treated as innocent until proven guilty; especially in cases like this where if JoMCaR is, indeed, innocent, he's actually doing a good thing in recruiting new people.

I would add that a close examination of the evidence by several people has suggested very little likelihood of JoMCaR being guilty here. There is a point where it stops being an investigation and becomes a witchhunt.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies