Northeast Election Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:09:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Election Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe the results of the Northeast election should be deemed as valid?
Yes

No

Don't Know

Not from Northeast

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Northeast Election Poll  (Read 3793 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 24, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »
« edited: June 24, 2015, 12:25:11 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

There's 3 meat puppets, a missing vote and another fiasco involving the northeast. My views are well know on the issue, and this election certainly has a massive cloud over it

I just did a run-down of all the twistory votes (Winfield, Poirot, AutumnLeaf, twistory, and JoMCaR) - all of them meet the activity requirements (10 posts/56 days). The poster with the most time between their ten posts is AutumnLeaf, who had 36 days between them.

It's very complicated, considering the CJO isn't even here to answer questions, but my best guess is that this error was due to oversight on his part. As for the meat-puppetry, I don't have the power to invalidate their votes. According to Atlasia vs. Southeast II, and Article 5, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Atlasian Constitution, the Senate has the only ability to determine activity and registration rules, so unless the federal government takes action against JoMCaR and his friends, we as a region cannot do anything about it legally.

And as I've said before, voter fraud, according to the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, is only defined as the creation of identities other than one's primary identity. From personal, impartial detective work from Bacon King, there's proof beyond a reasonable doubt that all four are technically separate from each other, so I don't think they can be charged.

So was it fair? No. Was it valid? As unfortunate of a situation as it is, twistory gets by on a technicality. Can we close that loophole? Absolutely - though it'll have to go through the Senate.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »

Should twistory fail to swear in within one week of the legislative session's opening, his seat will be considered vacant.
Would that cause a special election or the next place candidate to be elected?

That'd cause a special election.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »

I think the biggest question here is why you'd ever tell your friends about this place.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 01:07:53 AM »

Sawx you ask why he would bring his friends here. Sometimes I have to wonder why anyone would want to bring anyone into this cesspool, when this is the environment they are greeted with. This game is dying and I wonder at times if some of you want it dead. People want to play this game to have fun, they want to attract new people because new people means new candidates and yes new voters for previously unelectable candidates to have a chance at success for once. You set some basic activity grounds, make sure they aren't socks and trolls and encourage them to be active. If they meet that criteria, why the hell should it matter where they came from? Sure you don't want the stormfront crowd, but since Wolf left, who has come from there?

For the record, I was talking about the forum as a whole, not Atlasia itself.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 01:28:17 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 01:36:52 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

Sawx you ask why he would bring his friends here. Sometimes I have to wonder why anyone would want to bring anyone into this cesspool, when this is the environment they are greeted with. This game is dying and I wonder at times if some of you want it dead. People want to play this game to have fun, they want to attract new people because new people means new candidates and yes new voters for previously unelectable candidates to have a chance at success for once. You set some basic activity grounds, make sure they aren't socks and trolls and encourage them to be active. If they meet that criteria, why the hell should it matter where they came from? Sure you don't want the stormfront crowd, but since Wolf left, who has come from there?

For the record, I was talking about the forum as a whole, not Atlasia itself.

Ironically, my point still applies to the forum at-large since it is my view worse then aTLasia, though some would state the opposite at this stage, and many would just say it all sucks hence the presence of a new site. Either way, we have turned tihs site into a crap yard. The Mods may have restricted the content but it is the posters putting the final nail in the coffin.

My point was I don't know why you'd want to tell your friends in real life about this place, let alone Atlasia. I'm fairly sure none of my friends would ever talk to me if they knew about the sheer amount of f**kery I defended during the Repeal Age.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 01:36:29 AM »

I don't know what that all is, "Repeal age"? Regardless, it is a game and thus actions are taken regarding issues that one might not take in real life. One would hope that they would keep that in mind were you to tell them but of course I can understand your desire to not to.

It is much easier to say that when you haven't had to defend incest marriages.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies