Northeast Election Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Election Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe the results of the Northeast election should be deemed as valid?
Yes

No

Don't Know

Not from Northeast

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Northeast Election Poll  (Read 3779 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 26, 2015, 01:09:09 AM »

I don't understand how votes of real voters who are real life friends of Atlasians should be invalidated if they met all activity and other requirements.  We should encourage more participants in the game, not discourage them.  This is not puppetry.  It is fair campaigning.

They're not being invalidated, twistory won't be taking his seat voluntarily so we need an election to fill the vacancy.

Some people want to change the law to have votes like these invalidated.  I'm not sure why or even how.

Those people are angry and hurt that they lost. They're lashing out like children, trying to change the rules to benefit them. While I hope to see JoMCaR's friends become more active, there is fundamentally nothing wrong with recruiting IRL. This has happened for years from people of various ideological persuasions and it will continue to happen.

Also, Yankee has a point. This new srs bsns attitude that some people have is annoying, and it is really draining the life out of this place. People used to get to rebel and recruit friends and whatever else. Nobody ever talked about punishing people for that until recently. The more tightly you regulate the behavior of everyone involved, the less anyone is going to bother with this place. There's a point where it ceases to be worth the headache.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 01:46:26 AM »

It does seem odd, perhaps suspicious even, but it's not cause for this witch-hunt. The only evidence is inconclusive.

People should be treated as innocent until proven guilty; especially in cases like this where if JoMCaR is, indeed, innocent, he's actually doing a good thing in recruiting new people.

I would add that a close examination of the evidence by several people has suggested very little likelihood of JoMCaR being guilty here. There is a point where it stops being an investigation and becomes a witchhunt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies