Northeast Election Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:28:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Election Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe the results of the Northeast election should be deemed as valid?
Yes

No

Don't Know

Not from Northeast

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Northeast Election Poll  (Read 3791 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: June 26, 2015, 12:50:20 AM »

This is not new. For years everytime a conservative would join this game, they were accused of being Hamilton's next sock or puppet. Half of the Federalist Party was alleged to be Wolftentoad's minions. Or one of Tmth's friends. Many of whom became well respected, independent players.

When the RPP (stick it) surged past three other parties to take the lead in registration in December 2010, Antonio cried fowl. Who was he crying fowl over, people like Cathcon. Roll Eyes A sock if I ever seen one.

Leftists can recruit from their vast reserve on the Atlas forum at will, but if a Conservative dare's do any recruiting, be it from the forum more or less from some other source, its blooming scandal. Meanwhile because of dickheads, we have lost two members to deregistration because it is just to nasty  and not worth it. One can hardly blame them.

Sawx you ask why he would bring his friends here. Sometimes I have to wonder why anyone would want to bring anyone into this cesspool, when this is the environment they are greeted with. This game is dying and I wonder at times if some of you want it dead. People want to play this game to have fun, they want to attract new people because new people means new candidates and yes new voters for previously unelectable candidates to have a chance at success for once. You set some basic activity grounds, make sure they aren't socks and trolls and encourage them to be active. If they meet that criteria, why the hell should it matter where they came from? Sure you don't want the stormfront crowd, but since Wolf left, who has come from there?

If you want to find out who is really destroying this game, then take a good long look in the damn mirror, people. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 01:13:16 AM »

Sawx you ask why he would bring his friends here. Sometimes I have to wonder why anyone would want to bring anyone into this cesspool, when this is the environment they are greeted with. This game is dying and I wonder at times if some of you want it dead. People want to play this game to have fun, they want to attract new people because new people means new candidates and yes new voters for previously unelectable candidates to have a chance at success for once. You set some basic activity grounds, make sure they aren't socks and trolls and encourage them to be active. If they meet that criteria, why the hell should it matter where they came from? Sure you don't want the stormfront crowd, but since Wolf left, who has come from there?

For the record, I was talking about the forum as a whole, not Atlasia itself.

Ironically, my point still applies to the forum at-large since it is my view worse then aTLasia, though some would state the opposite at this stage, and many would just say it all sucks hence the presence of a new site. Either way, we have turned tihs site into a crap yard. The Mods may have restricted the content but it is the posters putting the final nail in the coffin.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 01:33:20 AM »

For the record, I was talking about the forum as a whole, not Atlasia itself.

Ironically, my point still applies to the forum at-large since it is my view worse then aTLasia, though some would state the opposite at this stage, and many would just say it all sucks hence the presence of a new site. Either way, we have turned tihs site into a crap yard. The Mods may have restricted the content but it is the posters putting the final nail in the coffin.

My point was I don't know why you'd want to tell your friends in real life about this place, let alone Atlasia. I'm fairly sure none of my friends would ever talk to me if they knew about the sheer amount of f**kery I defended during the Repeal Age.

I don't know what that all is, "Repeal age"? Regardless, it is a game and thus actions are taken regarding issues that one might not take in real life. One would hope that they would keep that in mind were you to tell them but of course I can understand your desire to not to.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 01:43:11 AM »

I don't know what that all is, "Repeal age"? Regardless, it is a game and thus actions are taken regarding issues that one might not take in real life. One would hope that they would keep that in mind were you to tell them but of course I can understand your desire to not to.

It is much easier to say that when you haven't had to defend incest marriages.

Once cold hard reality has beaten you down a couple of times, there is a part of you that wants to be optimistic. Tongue

Though you do make a related point to main. The more far affield we get from real life, the greater the disconnect felt by new players and the difficulties in adapting to an in game reality seperate from real life.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 12:04:53 AM »

Already a special election has to be called because one of his friends cannot swear in.

And that is exclusive to people recruited by their friends? As far as I know Jojoju1998 was a random recruit off the forum. I didn't recruit him myself so I wouldn't know. He won an election in a weird cricumstance, took office then vanished. That is why we have regional legislatures, to test newer players out before they run for higher office.

STill these concerns, valid though they may be (disappearing or not taking office, inactive etc etc), all can and do occur with those we randomly recruit off the site itself. Why are they being used as a compiled list of evils to demonize recruiting friends, when these things all happen with recruits off the site?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 02:03:08 AM »

Already a special election has to be called because one of his friends cannot swear in.

Is that a little fishy? Yeah, I suppose it is. Is it proof of foul play? Not at all. If someone is convicted of sock-puppetry, they'll (obviously) be eliminated from office. At that point, your vote for a theoretical sock-puppeteer won't be of much importance, so wanting to take back your vote because of *highly inconclusive evidence* is frankly silly.

Why does everyone think it's a good thing to jump to conclusions and accuse people of misdeeds? This whole thing is absurd.

what about the fact the other 2 puppets also haven't turned up since?

Actually at least one of the other two Peruvians has posted since then.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 07:38:14 PM »

Maybe you guys pissed them off to the point they said f this, no game is worth this crap.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 09:35:47 PM »

I realize things like losing internet access can happen, of course it could happen, and it could happen under a certain set of circumstances to any of us, or to anybody, who uses the internet.

Of course this could happen, but the timing just seems a little odd to me.

Just sayin'.

But if it were intentional, why has one of them posted since the incident and only two of the three have not? Surely, none of them would have if the desire was for them to vanish?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies