How has Atlas Forum destroyed your life? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:51:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How has Atlas Forum destroyed your life? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has Atlas Forum destroyed your life?  (Read 2089 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 30, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »

In the past, I was a libertarian before joining the forum, though I had a brief stretch of being a rather anti-religious moderate when I had joined (this phase is long gone). I enjoyed political discussions with others of opposing viewpoints, and they usually came around to my way of thinking.  I admit I had seen right-wing economics as "enlightened."  This forum definitely humbled me in that regard with the talents of many of our posters here, many of whom are left-wing.  I've become a little less inclined to staunchly defend my viewpoints and if discussing something, I'd try my best to give both viewpoints, explain my viewpoint and why I respect the other viewpoint but do not share it.

Within my peer cohort at my high school, I'm near the top in terms of writing academic papers and exceeding in that dimension; in this forum, I'm near the bottom.  I can crank out an English paper, but the idea of competing against top university students in those domains seems quite intimidating.   I feel far more comfortable with VBA programming or math equations than writing long essays and reading large books.  Y'all who are talented in those fields, congratulations.  It's not something in my area of expertise, that's for sure.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 11:01:21 AM »

One thing I wish Atlas had was more traditional Republicans who are articulate and well informed.  There seemed to be a lot more of them in the past.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 01:34:13 PM »

One thing I wish Atlas had was more traditional Republicans who are articulate and well informed.  There seemed to be a lot more of them in the past.

Reflective of growing despair and loss of hope for the temporal world, no doubt.

James White's (my favorite theologian) refusal to celebrate 4th of July this year is probably a microcosm of that, yeah.

For me, Atlas doesn't hurt my academic performance whatsoever but it probably stunts me socially.  That being said, Calvinist websites and videos have had far more of an influence on me as of late.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies