Clinton wins 2016 nomination, loses GE to Jeb Bush. is Warren the 2020 favorite? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:42:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton wins 2016 nomination, loses GE to Jeb Bush. is Warren the 2020 favorite? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Clinton wins 2016 nomination, loses GE to Jeb Bush. is Sen Liz Warren the 2020 Dem nomination favorite?
yes

no (name who is)?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Clinton wins 2016 nomination, loses GE to Jeb Bush. is Warren the 2020 favorite?  (Read 3004 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 24, 2015, 09:23:13 PM »

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 09:29:14 PM »

I'm sure she'd be leading some of the opinion polls in 2017, but I'm not sure a 71-year-old Elizabeth Warren would even want to run in 2020.

I don't agree.  and if Sanders ends up beating Hillary in one or two early states and causing drama, she'll have every reason to believe she can take on anyone in a national primary and have every chance to win.  Hillary is the lone Heir to the Throne alive in the Dem party; they are rarer with the Dems than with the GOP.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »

My guess:  Sen. Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), but other possibilities include Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY), Governor Terry McAuliffe (D-VA), or Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN).

Cuomo and McAuliffe would be non-starters.  

Cuomo's aspirations have to be taken down a peg, given the past year he's had.  he just needs to buckle down, not get arrested, and stay NY Governor for as long as he can.  from there, the chips will fall where they fall.

his best shot probably would have been if Obama lost in 2012, coming around here in 2016.  he would have governed slightly differently, though the corruption thing would have 100x more flashlights around it, perhaps it was secretly a gift from God.  (and he still wouldn't, couldn't have run if Hillary ran)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies