Are you more Liberal or Conservative then your parents and grandparents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:06:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you more Liberal or Conservative then your parents and grandparents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are you more Liberal or Conservative then your parents and grandparents  (Read 3353 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 25, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »

I'm somewhat more conservative than both my parents (mother is socially conservative & fiscally liberal [like a Mung Beans or MormDem]) while father is socially liberal and fiscally conservative [likes Mitt Romney a lot], but more liberal than my grandparents, who are basically all tea party GOPers.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »

It feels utterly bizarre to think of people regularly discussing politics with their grandparents. All I know about the political affiliations of my grandparents on my dad's side is that they were big Republicans a while back, with a few Need Nixon Now and WIN buttons scattered around their house. I have no idea what they think now. The only political stance my grandfather on my mom's side has ever mentioned is that the new eye doctor in town, that Randal guy, is a real nutter.

My grandfather is the one that does all of the discussing. Tongue

Ditto.  I never bring up politics with them, but they do bring it up sometimes.     
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 08:39:47 PM »

These days, definitely more conservative than my parents, and probably closer to my grandparents.  I know studies in the past showed that for right-of-center students tended to becoming more conservative, not less, upon entering college.  In my case, that almost certainly is true.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies