If malcontents can whine the GM out of office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:16:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  If malcontents can whine the GM out of office
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If malcontents can whine the GM out of office  (Read 1442 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2015, 01:36:24 AM »

Then I think we need to release Ebowed and Turkisblau as well and pretend that never happened.  Nix the alleged treason from the record, as it were.  It's only fair!  Then the Pacific can have their absent governor.

It is quite obvious this hole great big pile of sh**t has resulted in much ado about nothing.  And now we'll be down another senator as well as a GM because people were not doing their jobs.

Free turkisblau and ebowed and Simfan and pretend it never happened!

X Snowguy716
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 01:43:29 AM »

Revolutions and uprisings are a lot of the fun in this game, and can spur real change. Only recently have people started taking them super-seriously and thrown around charges of treason. I don't consider this to be a positive development in the game.

X PiT (The Physicist)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 01:46:08 AM »

x Tik

I only joined because things were looking like fun. Grow a pair, people! Let's get weird!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 01:59:13 AM »

I love how the most I [ie. the PAMRC which was never even established to be me(!)] ever did was cause 800 protesters to walk around SF (an invention of Kal) and that's somehow now considered "treason," oh and designed a kick ass flag. Did I mention treason has a maximum sentence of life!?

This is patently ridiculous and obviously an invention of Al to pursue a witchhunt against people who are just attempting to breathe some life into the sorry state this "game" is in now.

So, great job guys all the administration has accomplished is putting a do-nothing governor back into office in a region that is basically dead, and only has interest in it now because of what the us traitors have done, so, bore administration, please go on ahead and pursue your idiotic goals of keeping the horrible status quo going.

x Türkisblau I guess
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 06:48:02 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2015, 06:57:27 AM by Mi ne scias »

"The GM made me do it."

If that's actually true, of course you should be pardoned. No one should be convicted simply because the GM wrote that he or she did something naughty.

OK, you're just attacking me once more without even knowing the facts.

I made no decision for Türkisblau. Türkisblau posted a call for Pacific population to demonstrate, so I merely provided a news about one manifestation in San Francisco. That's reacting to events, not initiating them.

None of the following is directly endorsed by Senator Türkisblau, but has passed the General Council of the PAMRC

Directive 3: We the PAMRC hereby nominate our fearless leader  and Wise Justice Ebowed for a second term as Chief Judicial Officer of the Pacific Region. He is to be confirmed by the Emergency Council.

Directive 4: We the PAMRC direct all citizens, whether rich or poor, white or latino, gay or straight to commit to mass protests in the urban areas of San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Albuquerque, Phoenix, and Las Vegas until Traitor Simfan/Mondale is brought to justice in front of a public people's tribunal to determine his fate.

Also, after Ebowed ordered Simfan arrested, I merely provided a news for this (the same with executing arrest warrant on Türkisblau, which was issued by Al).

I haven't initiated the crisis in Pacific nor made any decision for any player.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 07:59:25 AM »

"The GM made me do it."

If that's actually true, of course you should be pardoned. No one should be convicted simply because the GM wrote that he or she did something naughty.

By this logic, everyone involved in the "civil war" last year should be pardoned, since in every "rebellion" or "revolution" before that, claims about killing people and overthrowing the government were completely ignored. If the Cabinet can pick and choose which of these actions are actually real, this game becomes even more of a joke. In my view, unless someone in a position of actual power (such as a governor) commits an act of treason in this game, they should just be ignored.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 08:07:30 AM »

I think there's a distinction to be made between coups and rebellions. I'm not of the opinion that people who post a thread saying "I'm the governor now" to no good effect should be punished, but if they actually succeed in taking over a government (illegally) then that should be be punished. Besides, trials are fun Tongue

The distinction between illegal taking over and legal taking over is important though, for instance I don't have a problem with rimjob or things like that.

Also, it seems a bit weird to describe me as some sort of arch reactionary, given that I've supported pretty much every major reform attempt, all of which were voted down by the people.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 09:31:59 AM »

x Maxwell
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 09:34:08 AM »

"If the GM's actions lead to criticism then this completely unrelated thing should be allowed happen, it's only fair".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »

What is this? Kal had nothing to do with their scheme. If Turkisblau wants to complain about "do-nothings" he can start with himself and his presiding over an Legislative Council that is still sitting on at least half a dozen bills proposed by yours truly that currently appear to have no chance of reaching the floor, which is so ineffective that it took nearly two weeks before anyone apparently noticed there hadn't been an election. I'm willing to own up to the fact I could have done more, but I'm not willing to stand around while abuse is heaped upon me by people who could have done the very same.

If Turkisblau was sincerely interested in changing things and being a force for positive change, he could have led as Speaker, which he once seemed to do, and presented a legitimate alternative to "the horrible status quo". He could have made that body a hub of activity in contrast to what he contends is gubernatorial lethargy. Instead- and by the admission of his own movement- it is almost more certainly more inactive than what he seeks to replace. Instead his personal machinations, founded on myopic aims, have made things worse, not better. I've suffered barely-concealed snipes and potshots from his direction in silence for a long while now--all while maintaining a public show of support for, mind you! But tolerance can only go so far, and this kind of gross hypocrisy far exceeds the bounds of such tolerance.

If the plotters and supporters of this scheme were so eager to see change, where were they before? Where were they in the Legislative Council? Where were they in the elections? If my leadership is so abysmal, why have I been twice re-elected with no organized opposition? This lack of action suggests to me that the people behind this plot were less interested in bringing positive change to the Pacific than they were interested in creating a bit of chaos for its own, ephemeral sake. It suggests to me that these people were aware that their criticisms, coming from them, could not hold water in the open, so they had to resort to this kind of silly subversion. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe they can do better and mean to do better. But in that case, where have they been? Where has the criticism been?

People have left the Pacific in droves. I've tried to reverse that through recruitment appeals every now and then (which was responded to with barely concealed punitive legislation from a certain someone/!), but the fact remains that well over a dozen people, I'd guess, have left, and I would say that number includes most of our better people. Averroes, oakvale, BaconKing (though he's back!), Lumine, even Cranberry, to name a few- all have left. I'm not saying they don't have a right to move- many moved to the Pacific from elsewhere-nor am I blaming them for what's happened, but it's not made things any easier. Maybe I am scaring them away- but then, again, why haven't any of them stood up and said "enough is enough" and challenged me directly?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:01:02 AM »

I should clarify that I'm not clear on what exactly has happened in the Pacific, and I did not mean for my comment to indict anyone, Kal included. My point is that evidence of a crime needs to include evidence of action from the person accused, not just a report from the GM that could have been formulated without anyone else's involvement.

Once again: Turkisblau called for protests, so I merely reacted to this producing one news about one demonstration in SF.

He's being charged not because any report made by me, but because of Simfan's removal from power, and that happened without my slightest involvement nor inspiration.

Of course if I had wrote "Turkisblau did XXX" that wouldn't be a ground for him being charged with anything and it would be unacceptable for GM to invent anybody's actions. That didn't happen, so please stop implying things that simply aren't true, especially if you're, as you've admitted, "not clear on what exactly has happened in the Pacific".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 11:21:20 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2015, 12:00:34 PM by Governor Simfan34 »

EDIT: Post(s) not directly pertaining to the topic at hand removed to a more appropriate thread.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2015, 11:48:00 AM by Lumine »

I love how the most I [ie. the PAMRC which was never even established to be me(!)] ever did was cause 800 protesters to walk around SF (an invention of Kal) and that's somehow now considered "treason," oh and designed a kick ass flag. Did I mention treason has a maximum sentence of life!?

This is patently ridiculous and obviously an invention of Al to pursue a witchhunt against people who are just attempting to breathe some life into the sorry state this "game" is in now.

So, great job guys all the administration has accomplished is putting a do-nothing governor back into office in a region that is basically dead, and only has interest in it now because of what the us traitors have done, so, bore administration, please go on ahead and pursue your idiotic goals of keeping the horrible status quo going.

x Türkisblau I guess

This is only my personal opinion, Turkisblau, but it is beyond ridiculous to call for mass protests and openly demand the execution of an Atlasian citizen and then say "oh but it's not me saying this, it's these thousands of people I suddenly speak for", and then expect that not giving a "formal endorsement" will take out any blame you might have. One should at the very least be responsible for their comments, because actions have their consequences and these consequences have appeared in what the Attorney General did.

I find it increasingly irritating (and I could use worse words for it, because it honestly upsets me) how some continue to place the blame on Kalwejt, specially when he has literally nothing to do with the Pacific crisis, a crisis that is increasingly looking like a witch hunt to crucify Simfan so other players can have their share of what they believe is "fun". And Simfan is right, most of us who have lived in the Pacific tend to abandon the region, most of them to seek higher office.

I should also say that while I have immense respect for Nix, I find it irresponsible to make these sorts of comments and then acknowledge he lacks info on what actually happened on the Pacific (specially if that a factor in demanding Kalwejt's resignation). If we are not to be a "glorified interactive timeline" (and with that I understand that events actually happen), then what are we? A game in which our only purpose is to be elected and then follow the same old tired policies over and over again?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »

Who is blaming Kalwejt for anything?  Thats nothing but a giant distraction here.  Turk pointed out that he started an organization (he argues he did it for story generation and did not personally take part in the organization) and that Kalwejt merely reported a protest in SF from said group that drew 800 people.

I merely argued if someone does something that a few players dont like, calls for their resignation, and gets their events nullified...

Well, this is my petition to forget anything ever happened in the Pacific too! 

If the president can singlehandedly make a nuclear attack go away, he can make weak kneed allegations of treason go away as well.

But somehow I think he will keep at this one.  And that makes people wonder.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 12:50:06 PM »

On the contrary I am just enforcing the rules - this is a game, you see, and unless the rules are enforced you end up with the classic playground of situation of multiple players insisting that the other guy is the dead one - and played no part in the creation of the storyline. I have no dog in the fight in question and have nothing against you or Ebowed (quite the opposite actually).
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 03:00:07 PM »

Kalwejt did the right thing by resigning as Game Moderator, before he had half the elected officials in Atlasia assassinated or imprisoned, and before he had half the population of Atlasia blown up in a nuclear holocaust. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 03:20:34 PM »

Kalwejt did the right thing by resigning as Game Moderator, before he had half the elected officials in Atlasia assassinated or imprisoned, and before he had half the population of Atlasia blown up in a nuclear holocaust. 

If it's the right half, then who cares?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 06:12:37 PM »

It is absolutely insane that Simfan is now pinning inactivity on me... who was the only one who was ever actually interacting with the Council and getting things passed. The few times you ever interacted, Simfan, was for you to drop in a ton of legislation/amendments for us to "debate" and vote on.

Can I mention that I never served with any councilors who would actually contribute a viewpoint?

So now I'm the reason for inactivity because I didn't pass like 10 pieces of legislation instantly? Do I need to explain to your how the Council works and what the "Rules of Order" state, oh but you made the Rules of Order so you know perfectly well that isn't possible.

Just because I'm the subject of outlandish charges by the bore Administration does not mean that I can be a scapegoat for the failures of your governorship.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 06:22:29 PM »

I should clarify that I'm not clear on what exactly has happened in the Pacific, and I did not mean for my comment to indict anyone, Kal included. My point is that evidence of a crime needs to include evidence of action from the person accused, not just a report from the GM that could have been formulated without anyone else's involvement.

Once again: Turkisblau called for protests, so I merely reacted to this producing one news about one demonstration in SF.

He's being charged not because any report made by me, but because of Simfan's removal from power, and that happened without my slightest involvement nor inspiration.

Of course if I had wrote "Turkisblau did XXX" that wouldn't be a ground for him being charged with anything and it would be unacceptable for GM to invent anybody's actions. That didn't happen, so please stop implying things that simply aren't true, especially if you're, as you've admitted, "not clear on what exactly has happened in the Pacific".

I never meant to turn this into anything like that, seriously. I should have put "accomplished" instead of did in my original post.

As to whether starting a civic activist organization is treason or not, we'll get to see that in the upcoming court case tomorrow! Hold onto your seats everyone, we're wasting our time with frivolous court cases!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 10:46:48 PM »

Then I think we need to release Ebowed and Turkisblau

FTR, Ebowed is not under arrest. He's in hiding.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 11:20:18 AM »

It is absolutely insane that Simfan is now pinning inactivity on me... who was the only one who was ever actually interacting with the Council and getting things passed. The few times you ever interacted, Simfan, was for you to drop in a ton of legislation/amendments for us to "debate" and vote on.

Can I mention that I never served with any councilors who would actually contribute a viewpoint?

So now I'm the reason for inactivity because I didn't pass like 10 pieces of legislation instantly? Do I need to explain to your how the Council works and what the "Rules of Order" state, oh but you made the Rules of Order so you know perfectly well that isn't possible.

Just because I'm the subject of outlandish charges by the bore Administration does not mean that I can be a scapegoat for the failures of your governorship.

What you've just said is pure gibberish. Only one legislative slot was filled at the time of your departure from office.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 01:01:18 PM »

What you've just said is pure gibberish. Only one legislative slot was filled at the time of your departure from office.
Why don't you answer his questions?  Whether there was one or thirty one councillors when he left is irrelevant.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »

Why don't you answer his questions?  Whether there was one or thirty one councillors when he left is irrelevant.

What question? Don't go around trying to make problems.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 04:08:13 PM »

What question? Don't go around trying to make problems.
He asked if he was the reason for inactivity as the only councilor doing anything because he didn't debate your legislation dumps with himself and vote on them for your approval.

And it's cute that your only defense is "but he did it too"...actually, he tried to do something about it and now you're slithering out of responsibility while he goes to trial.  And you STILL demand people pity you for "abuse heaped upon" you.

Why didn't you just create a few sockpuppets to run the council and rubberstamp your legislation...that seems to be your usual mo.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »

HOUSE NEGRO
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length