Do a majority of white posters on here have any idea what poverty is like? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:43:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do a majority of white posters on here have any idea what poverty is like? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Do a majority of white posters on here have any idea what poverty is like?  (Read 4057 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:26:32 AM »

Obviously not judging by the subjects of ire that seem to consume them in the US General Discussion and Individual Politics board (sane).
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:23:21 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2015, 07:25:43 AM by Mechaman »

Now, I am not going to make the same large scale character assassinations as TNF, but I would like to comment further that I find it incredible that a thread on some random Arkansas legislator nobody knows saying slavery was good for blacks (as admittedly outrageous and downright awful that comment is) gets a lot more outrage than heads of multi-billion dollar corporations and even presidential nominees claiming it's okay that millions of Americans live in abject poverty.  The only time people even really seemed upset and outraged was when Romney was dumb enough to claim that 47% of Americans mooch off the government.  In fact we even have Atlas posters who somehow believe that starvation is acceptable "if you don't work hard".

Not saying that the former isn't a big deal, surely apologism for the white supremacist confederacy is no small deal and it should be reported.  However, comments like the latter generally refer to something that is ongoing and that millions of people in this country who are better off are outright refusing to deal with and even justify in many cases.  I think I am the last person on this website who would claim the past isn't important however at the end of the day issues of the present are the things that should matter.  To me it seems that there is a very large group of people in this country who care more about "symbolic" actions than "meaningful" actions.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »

Guys, apologies for the earlier rant.  Kind of winded at work right now.

Anyway, this was mostly a rant directed at people seeing the forest for the trees on race issues (ie, the perception that racism permeates from a flag or what have you) and other matters while the economic elephant in the room is oft ignored.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »

So

I, in a frustrating day at the office, post yet another self-righteous rant about the ignorance of economic issues largely as a TAKE THAT! to the rich suburban liberal straw man I created in my head.........and the discussion STILL ends up being about ISRAEL?

I smell a greedy monopolistic Bilderberg agenda at play here.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 05:54:07 PM »

May I ask what you do, Mechman?

Accounting for a large company.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies