Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:10:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Author Topic: Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right  (Read 25472 times)
CountryClassSF

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »
« edited: June 26, 2015, 05:39:48 PM by CountryClassSF »

Here, I discuss gay conservatives' experience, and take offense at the "Q" word. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/3188283/posts?page=18#18

(Again, I'm not here to be linking you to my FR posts, but since that was brought up, I do feel obliged to.)

And yes, here I discuss my opposition to outing people: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3083671/posts?page=233#233
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2015, 05:41:35 PM »

Most of these links aren't really helping.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2015, 05:41:49 PM »

A ban is in order. Obvious trolling is unacceptable.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2015, 05:43:06 PM »

You just don't want someone with different views than you to be able to speak.

Distinguish between gays and gay marriage here, in addition: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2996384/posts?page=43#43
CountryClassSF

« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2015, 05:44:47 PM »

Most of these links aren't really helping.
I suppose "most" is a good sign that one or two may have.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2015, 05:45:53 PM »

No, it's because you claim to be a gay person who hates gay people! You are obviously a troll!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2015, 05:46:53 PM »

No, it's because you claim to be a gay person who hates gay people! You are obviously a troll!

It's amazing how you equate opposing aspects of gay culture as "hating gay people."
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »

Distinguish between gays and gay marriage here, in addition: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2996384/posts?page=43#43

You are a troll.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »

Should we allow an open advocate for the slavery of blacks on this forum? Forced child labor? Explicit advocacy for the repression of women?

No, because society evolves, and some views are abhorrent and have no place in the market place of ideas. But this probably doesn't even matter to you, because you're a troll.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2015, 05:49:54 PM »

It's amazing how you equate opposing aspects of gay culture as "hating gay people."

You have displayed absolutely no signs of being gay aside from insisting that you are after saying insane bulls**t like 'THE GAY GESTAPO.' There are plenty of gay people out there who don't like "gay culture" (I guess I'd be one of them) and plenty of gays who don't care about marriage, but I've never seen any of them that act like you.

Generally the self-hating gays keep the gay thing to themselves.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »

Should we allow an open advocate for the slavery of blacks on this forum? Forced child labor? Explicit advocacy for the repression of women?

Because that's totally the same thing?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 05:52:53 PM by CountryClassSF »

You have displayed absolutely no signs of being gay aside from insisting that you are after saying insane bulls**t like 'THE GAY GESTAPO.' There are plenty of gay people out there who don't like "gay culture" (I guess I'd be one of them) and plenty of gays who don't care about marriage, but I've never seen any of them that act like you.

Generally the self-hating gays keep the gay thing to themselves.

Do you know who coined the term "Gay gestapo?" Tammy Bruce, a lesbian conservative.

And I rarely if ever have used that term on Atlas.

What are the "signs of being gay?" The last Lady Gaga mp3 left my iTunes in 2011
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2015, 05:52:31 PM »

Because that's totally the same thing?

You are denying a minority in society the ability to fully self-actualize by forbidding them from accessing rights that are central to our society. That is philosophically consistent with the above.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 05:56:51 PM by CountryClassSF »

I'm denying who what now? Gay marriage was just federalized.

I have explained to you that gay people who oppose SSM and have voted for SSM is a small minority, but denying their existence is a kin to reality.  Exit polls in California had 3% of self-identified LGBT as voting for Prop 8. Pew poll shows 20% of LGBT Republicans nationwide as opposing SSM.

The link to that poll is on another post of mine, but if you send me a quick PM I'll be happy to get it for you.

You are free to call my view on this unconventional. It obviously is, and the data above backs you up.  But the suggestion that I am somehow pretending to be a gay person because you can't fathom my view-  does it offend me? Yes and no.  I don't really care whether people think I'm gay or not. But it bothers me when people start advocating banning me from here because they think I'm lying about it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2015, 05:56:18 PM »

What are the "signs of being gay?" The last Lady Gaga mp3 left my iTunes in 2011

Even just casually talking about it in any way other than trying to give your trolling legitimacy would do.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2015, 05:59:10 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 06:02:26 PM by CountryClassSF »

Even just casually talking about it in any way other than trying to give your trolling legitimacy would do.

Well, I've offered to do what I can to prove that I am gay, but I'm not sure what I can do in that regard within reason. Especially to people who aren't going to take anything I say at face value.

If there's something to the extent of , okay, we're banning you as a troll unless you prove you're gay, fine, let me do that, but how A) would that be possible? and B) Would it even convince those who just don't want to hear anything from me anymore?

I mean give me some ideas here.  Should I talk about my favorite QAF episode?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2015, 06:01:36 PM »

No, because society evolves, and some views are abhorrent and have no place in the market place of ideas. But this probably doesn't even matter to you, because you're a troll.

Are you seriously advocating banning people who disagree with you on gay marriage? Why do "progressives" like you get to determine what has a place in the marketplace of ideas.  There is nothing "progressive" about censorship.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »

Let's start by banning "progressives" like you.

I wasn't even addressing you. Stop trying to start arguments.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »

Did Kagan rule on a gay marriage case (not this one) at some point in the past when she was a lower court judge? I think I might remember hearing someone about that.

Kagan and Ginsberg officiated SSMs. That's why I say Traditional Marriage wins 4-3
CountryClassSF

« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2015, 06:03:05 PM »

Yes, no one is allowed to utter an opinion that is different from yours, otherwise it's all trolling/malintention
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2015, 06:03:37 PM »

Let's start by banning "progressives" like you.

Well, every time you and the rest of the intolerant "progressives" on this board suggest banning conservatives for daring to disagree with you, you ARE addressing me.  Because like many conservatives here, I fear that I am going to be next.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »

Did Kagan rule on a gay marriage case (not this one) at some point in the past when she was a lower court judge? I think I might remember hearing someone about that.

Kagan and Ginsberg officiated SSMs. That's why I say Traditional Marriage wins 4-3

do explain what you think that has to do with anything
CountryClassSF

« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2015, 06:04:41 PM »

Reminds me of that one time they wanted Clarence Thomas to recuse himself from a case because his wife gave an opinion on it.  Goalposts moved again.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »

Are you seriously advocating banning people who disagree with you on gay marriage? Why do "progressives" like you get to determine what has a place in the marketplace of ideas.  There is nothing "progressive" about censorship.

Society evolves, and denying rights, marginalizing, or repressing minorities is unacceptable; especially when these arguments evolve out of antiquated and misinterpreted religious texts from the Iron age, and many of its adherents have been conditioned not to question the dogma. Secular arguments against marriage as an institution (under which gay marriage falls under) in general are fine, as we are a secular society. Religious arguments have no place, and that is what this debate has always been about.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2015, 06:06:06 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 06:09:33 PM by Torie »

Let's assume CCSF is lying about being gay, in order to give his opposition to gays and SSM more "bite" or whatever. Where does that leave us?  Lying about one's sexual orientation, is not a violation of the terms of use here. I just put that out there, to seek constructive responses. I am simply not quite yet connecting the dots. Sure, CCSF posts that constitute hateful bigotry against LGBT folks are a violation of the terms of use. We don't tolerate bigotry here. You want him banned, collect those posts. Those dots I can connect. Smiley The trolling rap seems arguably refuted by his Free Republic posts. It may suggest he's lying, perhaps, but not trolling. He really wants to marginalize folks like myself to the shadows. That's his right. But I am not into shadows.

CCSF, you really are in deep dodo here, and you are doing an excellent job in weakening your case. Heck, maybe that is part of your grand plan. Some here seek what they think is martyrdom from those "evil fascist mods" or the the Forumite "mob" carrying pitchforks, or whatever floats their boat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies