Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:44:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right  (Read 25747 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: June 26, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »

The Supreme Court of the country formerly known as the United States of America has overruled God, usurped their authority as impartial jurists, and rewrote three laws this week to match with their ideological crusade.  

It is APPALLING that two justices who are ACTIVELY supporters of the entirety of the gay agenda, and have PERFORMED same-sex weddings, were able to cast a vote today.

There is no hope - it is all over. We no longer have a republic, or even a democracy. We are ruled by black-robed ideological radicals, with support from corporate America, Hollywood, and the "news" media.

I'm afraid that very soon, they will soon go after the churches and start imposing penalties on those who refuse to perform unions they have a moral disagreement with. Justice  Alito warned of pending vilification.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 04:27:27 PM »

The Court can expect a slew of religious freedom cases over the next couple sessions.  I don't think that the Court is in the mood nor the position to say, explicitly, that a bed-and-breakfast ran by Southern Baptists has to provide accommodation for a gay couple, or that a religious institution of higher learning must provide married student housing to homosexuals.  The Court has walked itself into a very tight corner, and I think it may actually end-up making things worse-off for LGBT Americans.          

I see what you're saying and I definitely agree with most of this, but the decision can only make them worse off if they choose to start a fight with churches/religious institutions/biz.

And all indications are some already have. 
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 04:45:50 PM »

I haven't read the ruling but other people who have read it led me to believe that it was fairly skilfully tailored in such a way as to not easily be expanded into these sorts of outcomes.

That's a problem, because that means the intent was to legalize SSM and create a right. If the Court wants to make law, they should run for Congress and step down from the court. If same-sex marriage was a right granted by the 14th, we'd have been performing them since it's adoption (I think 1868/9?)
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:50:27 PM »

Also why does countryclassSF's post count say "leet"

CountryClassSF
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 6.87

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

AH! when you hit 1337 posts, it says "leet." Once I posted #1338, it went away. Kinda cool.

CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »

how could people argue that marriages between family members is "good thing" Dear God.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:49 PM »

Okay...cuz you had 1337 posts?  Thats really funny actually.

Yes, it took me a minute to figure it out. lol. L33t!111
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »

Loud FoX "News" condemns the ruling.

Actually, I was watching Fox when it came down.  Didn't see much condemnation on there.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 04:55:51 PM »

Rep. Steve King goes bonkers, advocates for an abolition of civil marriage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hGMLPmX-I

This is a moderate-conservative compromise. What would be the problem with leaving marriage to someone's personal religious institution and still recognizing relationships as equal, civilly in the eyes of the law? Why does the term marriage need to be there?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 04:58:36 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 05:00:46 PM by CountryClassSF »

I think the bible clearly does not encourage same gender marriages.  On the topic of homosexuality, I think it's ambiguous and difficult to decipher.

You're asking me to prove that I am gay? What would you like me to do exactly?

You're equating my opposition to gay marriage to automatic opposition to homosexuality.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 05:02:24 PM »

Someone please restrain me from answering that question. Someone please restrain me from answering that question. Someone. Please.

Go ahead and answer it, because I'm ready to put the "He's not really gay, because he CAN'T have those positions if he's gay" meme to bed.

Honestly, tell me now, so we can put this to rest.

Just explain to me what you would like me to do within reason without revealing my name.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 05:04:37 PM »

Because that's tolerant and accepting or something. 
CountryClassSF

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 05:06:55 PM »

Really? And then get a zot?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 05:08:54 PM »

I am under no obligation to accept bigoted little sh[inks]s.

And because you probably had that stupid talking point loaded up and ready to go, no, you spiteful little man, there is nothing about homosexuality that is an "affront to decency" or whatever bullsh**t you're about to spout.

Did I say that? I suggest you read the above posts.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »

In this post from FreeRepublic, CountyClassSF said this

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3304515/posts?page=20#20

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That doesn't seem like something a gay person would say.

Please straightsplain to me what a gay person should say. Yes, I'm not out at FreeRepublic because yes, they don't accept out gays. Happy?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »

Just like there are women who oppose abortion, there are gays who oppose SSM. Deal with it, liberals. It's not going to go away just because you delude yourself into believing they don't exist.

I had posted on article on this awhile back from Pew/Washington Post.  There was silence.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »

Well you can think all you want.  It is against the rules in that forum to be out.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 05:34:15 PM by CountryClassSF »

Badger, I feel that continuing to explain would thus do nothing for you since you have yourself convinced of these things.  I'm happy to have a full discussion about it, but in order to have that discussion, the other person has to be willing to have it. If there's no way I can change your preconceived notions, it would be a waste of time for me and for you.

If you want to center everything about FreeRepublic, I would point you to this post where I openly said that I read GayPatriot - and that I was fine with conservative gays coming to CPAC. There, I also distinguished between gays and gay marriage. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3124712/posts?page=108#108

Here, I posted my concern for gay couples who wish to enter into a domestic partnership and not call it a marriage for religious purposes: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3124121/posts?page=5#5
CountryClassSF

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 05:39:48 PM by CountryClassSF »

Here, I discuss gay conservatives' experience, and take offense at the "Q" word. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/3188283/posts?page=18#18

(Again, I'm not here to be linking you to my FR posts, but since that was brought up, I do feel obliged to.)

And yes, here I discuss my opposition to outing people: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3083671/posts?page=233#233
CountryClassSF

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 05:43:06 PM »

A ban is in order. Obvious trolling is unacceptable.

You just don't want someone with different views than you to be able to speak.

Distinguish between gays and gay marriage here, in addition: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2996384/posts?page=43#43
CountryClassSF

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 05:44:47 PM »

Most of these links aren't really helping.
I suppose "most" is a good sign that one or two may have.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 05:46:53 PM »

A ban is in order. Obvious trolling is unacceptable.

You just don't want someone with different views than you to be able to speak.

No, it's because you claim to be a gay person who hates gay people! You are obviously a troll!

It's amazing how you equate opposing aspects of gay culture as "hating gay people."
CountryClassSF

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »

Should we allow an open advocate for the slavery of blacks on this forum? Forced child labor? Explicit advocacy for the repression of women?

Because that's totally the same thing?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 05:52:53 PM by CountryClassSF »

You have displayed absolutely no signs of being gay aside from insisting that you are after saying insane bulls**t like 'THE GAY GESTAPO.' There are plenty of gay people out there who don't like "gay culture" (I guess I'd be one of them) and plenty of gays who don't care about marriage, but I've never seen any of them that act like you.

Generally the self-hating gays keep the gay thing to themselves.

Do you know who coined the term "Gay gestapo?" Tammy Bruce, a lesbian conservative.

And I rarely if ever have used that term on Atlas.

What are the "signs of being gay?" The last Lady Gaga mp3 left my iTunes in 2011
CountryClassSF

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 05:56:51 PM by CountryClassSF »

I'm denying who what now? Gay marriage was just federalized.

I have explained to you that gay people who oppose SSM and have voted for SSM is a small minority, but denying their existence is a kin to reality.  Exit polls in California had 3% of self-identified LGBT as voting for Prop 8. Pew poll shows 20% of LGBT Republicans nationwide as opposing SSM.

The link to that poll is on another post of mine, but if you send me a quick PM I'll be happy to get it for you.

You are free to call my view on this unconventional. It obviously is, and the data above backs you up.  But the suggestion that I am somehow pretending to be a gay person because you can't fathom my view-  does it offend me? Yes and no.  I don't really care whether people think I'm gay or not. But it bothers me when people start advocating banning me from here because they think I'm lying about it.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 05:59:10 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2015, 06:02:26 PM by CountryClassSF »

Even just casually talking about it in any way other than trying to give your trolling legitimacy would do.

Well, I've offered to do what I can to prove that I am gay, but I'm not sure what I can do in that regard within reason. Especially to people who aren't going to take anything I say at face value.

If there's something to the extent of , okay, we're banning you as a troll unless you prove you're gay, fine, let me do that, but how A) would that be possible? and B) Would it even convince those who just don't want to hear anything from me anymore?

I mean give me some ideas here.  Should I talk about my favorite QAF episode?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies