Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:00:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right  (Read 25746 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« on: June 26, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »

It astounds me that four of North America's alleged brightest legal minds can't understand that the majority doesn't have the right to suppress via mob rule the natural rights of a minority. It just astounds me. They aren't even capable of seeing the issue from that simple light.

Oh well. They lost! Cheesy

Exactly. It's incredible really. If they don't understand this simple principle, they don't understand anything.

I was also surprised it was a 5-4 and not a 6-3 decision.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »

It seems to me that one poster finds a way to turn threads into being just about him. That to me seems to be trolling and I wish people would ignore such a poster. You go through a thread hoping to read an interchange and then it just becomes page after page of one poster and those who respond to him.

Is that the kind of person that makes this place interesting or someone who ruins the whole point?

See this is what I  spoke about above. I state my opinion on a court ruling, people instantly attack me and claim I'm not gay, I respond to the posts, and I'm accused of the thread turning into something about me.
No, that'd be YOU making it about me.

If you were gay, you would not hate yourself. Thus, you're not gay. Or if not, at the very least you're into S/M.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 08:05:04 PM »

It seems to me that one poster finds a way to turn threads into being just about him. That to me seems to be trolling and I wish people would ignore such a poster. You go through a thread hoping to read an interchange and then it just becomes page after page of one poster and those who respond to him.

Is that the kind of person that makes this place interesting or someone who ruins the whole point?

See this is what I  spoke about above. I state my opinion on a court ruling, people instantly attack me and claim I'm not gay, I respond to the posts, and I'm accused of the thread turning into something about me.
No, that'd be YOU making it about me.

If you were gay, you would not hate yourself. Thus, you're not gay. Or if not, at the very least you're into S/M.

people have been fighting against their own rights for over a century. that alone wouldn't make ccsf a troll.

You're right. I have an Irish friend who was very sure of himself and articulate about the fact that he would vote no in the Irish same sex marriage referendum to deny himself the rights of everyone else. I find it interesting to say the least. Luckily, he was in the pretty small minority on this one. The vote wasn't even close at the end of the day. Tongue
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 05:00:12 AM »

This is for the right-wing. Marriage equality is here.

Well, atleast you have excellent taste in Classic TV shows!

I would refer everyone in this thread to this -- I'm surprised a liberal news outlet published it earlier this year. But, please stop assuming that one can't be gay and oppose SSM.  Either MANY people are flat out lying about their sexual orientation to the pollsters, or we exist. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/01/27/meet-the-lgbt-americans-who-oppose-gay-marriage/

20% of LGBT Republicans oppose

There are lots of blacks, even in South Carolina, who want the Confederate battleground flag to fly freely everywhere as well. About 20% even. So if one of 5 blacks in the US can be so self-hating that they deep inside would have preferred to be enslaved voluntarily, why couldn't gays be equally self-hating?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 12:49:53 PM »

Sure I've made no secret as to the fact that the ruling upset me. I'm saying that some people are definitely advocating those things. And I believe as a result people of faith should start a voter registration drive.
This is one example: http://time.com/3939143/nows-the-time-to-end-tax-exemptions-for-religious-institutions/

Since this upsets you so much. If you were to have a child at some point in your life and he happened to be gay and came out to you. Would you kick him out of your house?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 04:38:37 PM »

Since this upsets you so much. If you were to have a child at some point in your life and he happened to be gay and came out to you. Would you kick him out of your house?

Unequivocally no. Unconditional love and support.

But you would hate the fact that he was gay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies