Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:14:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right  (Read 25713 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: June 29, 2015, 07:16:13 PM »

Many of us are bullied by LGBT leftists. Just ask Baronelle Stutzman who had to shut down her business. Does "it get better" for her ?

she absolutely did not have to shut down her business. what are you even talking about?

She was given the choice of providing flowers to same-sex marriages

exactly.

Yes, that's right you always have a choice.  Your livelihood or your moral identity.  Why would anyone complain, they at least get one or the other?   They should just be grateful they aren't stripped of their capacity for free will altogether.

But baking a plain cake, which could be used any marriage, gay or straight isn't related at all to moral identity. In short, if they baker has to ask to know than it's for a gay marriage, I don't see how it infringes on his moral identity (and really, he shouldn't inquire about the private life of the owner).

If I order a plain cake, with no writing on it, I don't expect the baker to ask me for which reason I need a cake. If I take the next step of your argument, if a gay couple orders in a restaurant, it might offend the moral identity of the cook.

If they ask a special cake for a gay wedding, right, you have a point and I stand with the right of owner to accept or decline any special order. But, for a plain cake, no, you have no point, since they make tons of them anyways. That cake would be done in any case, it would just be sold to a straight couple a few hours later. It requires no moral involvement of the baker, unlike a special order.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »

I guess people who object to sex before marriage just hate single people too?

what? shua, i don't think you're very good at this whole comparison thing tbqh

You believe that someone can't oppose an act related to sexuality unless the hate the person doing it, when it comes to homosexuality, then why not sex before marriage?  Why there someone just has a moral belief, but you assume that anyone is full of hate and contempt if they say "I don't agree with this thing you are doing, so I'm sorry I can't take part in it, but I hope we can still be friends."

if you have a violent aversion to gay marriage that you do not have to straight marriage, then you believe that gay people are not worth as much as straight people. it's very simple.

a "violent" aversion?
yes?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
why is it so hard to understand that those people's views are objectively bad? we don't defend people who believe vaccines are evil or people who believe black people are worthless, so why are we supposed to defend people who believe gay people are worthless?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
spare me

And now we get to the heart of the issue: the people whose views you consider to be "objectively" bad (I don't know why you get to decide, you obviously haven't taken the time to really listen to anyone you disagree with on this) are people you therefore don't believe have any rights.  I find that disgusting and horrible, but I'm not going to try to force "rehabilitation" on you, because I'm not an authoritarian scumbag.

So, we should respect ISIS fighters, after all, they only follow their moral identity!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies