Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:36:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right  (Read 25735 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: June 26, 2015, 09:26:29 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

the right wing is gonna be so mad
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:07:50 PM »

Not so fast kids. Two of your side should've had to recuse. Traditional Marriage and the rights of the states win 4-3

if you keep telling yourself that, maybe it will become true Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »

Did Kagan rule on a gay marriage case (not this one) at some point in the past when she was a lower court judge? I think I might remember hearing someone about that.

Kagan and Ginsberg officiated SSMs. That's why I say Traditional Marriage wins 4-3

do explain what you think that has to do with anything
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 06:09:05 PM »

A ban is in order. Obvious trolling is unacceptable.

Let's start by banning "progressives" like you.

I wasn't even addressing you. Stop trying to start arguments.

Well, every time you and the rest of the intolerant "progressives" on this board suggest banning conservatives for daring to disagree with you, you ARE addressing me.  Because like many conservatives here, I fear that I am going to be next.

calm down Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 06:27:51 PM »

It seems to me that one poster finds a way to turn threads into being just about him. That to me seems to be trolling and I wish people would ignore such a poster. You go through a thread hoping to read an interchange and then it just becomes page after page of one poster and those who respond to him.

Is that the kind of person that makes this place interesting or someone who ruins the whole point?

See this is what I  spoke about above. I state my opinion on a court ruling, people instantly attack me and claim I'm not gay, I respond to the posts, and I'm accused of the thread turning into something about me.
No, that'd be YOU making it about me.

If you were gay, you would not hate yourself. Thus, you're not gay. Or if not, at the very least you're into S/M.

people have been fighting against their own rights for over a century. that alone wouldn't make ccsf a troll.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 02:25:40 AM »

Many of us are bullied by LGBT leftists. Just ask Baronelle Stutzman who had to shut down her business. Does "it get better" for her ?

she absolutely did not have to shut down her business. what are you even talking about?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »

Many of us are bullied by LGBT leftists. Just ask Baronelle Stutzman who had to shut down her business. Does "it get better" for her ?

she absolutely did not have to shut down her business. what are you even talking about?

She was given the choice of providing flowers to same-sex marriages

exactly.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »

exactly.

Yes, that's right you always have a choice.  Your livelihood or your moral identity.  Why would anyone complain, they at least get one or the other?   They should just be grateful they aren't stripped of their capacity for free will altogether.

if your moral identity is founded on hatred of minorities, then it's not a moral identity worth protecting. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 06:39:46 AM »

exactly.

Yes, that's right you always have a choice.  Your livelihood or your moral identity.  Why would anyone complain, they at least get one or the other?   They should just be grateful they aren't stripped of their capacity for free will altogether.

if your moral identity is founded on hatred of minorities, then it's not a moral identity worth protecting. Smiley

It's not a matter of hating minorities.  Maybe if you would listen to people's objections for a second before you tried to make them illegal you would understand that.

You know what's not worth protecting?  The right to call in the government and punish people  every time you don't get your way.

hatred, contempt, same difference. the point is that her supposed "moral identity" apparently rests on the idea that homosexuality is a defect or whatever.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »

exactly.

Yes, that's right you always have a choice.  Your livelihood or your moral identity.  Why would anyone complain, they at least get one or the other?   They should just be grateful they aren't stripped of their capacity for free will altogether.

It's not a matter of hating minorities.  Maybe if you would listen to people's objections for a second before you tried to make them illegal you would understand that.

You know what's not worth protecting?  The right to call in the government and punish people  every time you don't get your way.

hatred, contempt, same difference. the point is that her supposed "moral identity" apparently rests on the idea that homosexuality is a defect or whatever.

see bolded portion above.

i've listened to plenty of anti-lgbt+ bloviation, thanks, and not once have i seen the slightest reason to believe that it's not about hate/contempt/etc.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »

I guess people who object to sex before marriage just hate single people too?

what? shua, i don't think you're very good at this whole comparison thing tbqh
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »

You believe that someone can't oppose an act related to sexuality unless the hate the person doing it, when it comes to homosexuality, then why not sex before marriage?  Why there someone just has a moral belief, but you assume that anyone is full of hate and contempt if they say "I don't agree with this thing you are doing, so I'm sorry I can't take part in it, but I hope we can still be friends."

if you have a violent aversion to gay marriage that you do not have to straight marriage, then you believe that gay people are not worth as much as straight people. it's very simple.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 04:23:51 PM »

You believe that someone can't oppose an act related to sexuality unless the hate the person doing it, when it comes to homosexuality, then why not sex before marriage?  Why there someone just has a moral belief, but you assume that anyone is full of hate and contempt if they say "I don't agree with this thing you are doing, so I'm sorry I can't take part in it, but I hope we can still be friends."

if you have a violent aversion to gay marriage that you do not have to straight marriage, then you believe that gay people are not worth as much as straight people. it's very simple.

a "violent" aversion?
yes?

why is it so hard to understand that those people's views are objectively bad? we don't defend people who believe vaccines are evil or people who believe black people are worthless, so why are we supposed to defend people who believe gay people are worthless?

spare me
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 06:42:24 PM »

a "violent" aversion?
yes?

why is it so hard to understand that those people's views are objectively bad? we don't defend people who believe vaccines are evil or people who believe black people are worthless, so why are we supposed to defend people who believe gay people are worthless?

spare me

And now we get to the heart of the issue: the people whose views you consider to be "objectively" bad (I don't know why you get to decide, you obviously haven't taken the time to really listen to anyone you disagree with on this) are people you therefore don't believe have any rights.  I find that disgusting and horrible, but I'm not going to try to force "rehabilitation" on you, because I'm not an authoritarian scumbag.

the irony is palpable.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »

why is it so hard to understand that those people's views are objectively bad?

They're not. You are not the sole arbiter of morality. That honor belongs solely to God, who has declared that homosexuality is sinful (Leviticus 18:22, 1 Corinthians 6:9).

You are the one with the objectively bad views on this matter; as you have exalted something which God hath called an abomination, and have condemned His righteous moral edicts regarding the matter. You have called evil good, and good evil (read Isaiah 5:20).

The Bible says in Leviticus 19:17 that in order to truly love your neighbor, you must rebuke him and not suffer sin upon him. That means warning your neighbors that they are sinning, warning them about the nature of their sin, and warning them about the consequences of their sin. That is the loving thing to do, just as it is loving to warn a cigarette smoker about the dangers of cigarettes. It is not loving to lie to them and coddle them in it.

i'm not interested in your mental gymnastics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies