Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:56:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking: Supreme Court rules SSM a legal right  (Read 25693 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 26, 2015, 11:40:17 AM »

I was also surprised it was a 5-4 and not a 6-3 decision.

I'm not.  I only saw Roberts as likely to be part of a 6-3 decision if it were a narrow one requiring States to recognize SSMs recognized by other States as civil marriages.  The only question for me was whether Kennedy would go for a narrow decision or a wide decision.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:07:22 AM »

Yeah...CCSF has horrid views on gay marriage and religion...but you cant blame carrion for messing up your street when the crows have had a feast and spread everything everywhere.

Let me clarify before ernest censors and infracts:

CCSF put his opinion in here.  People responded negatively, so he responded back and on and on we go.  Torie and Badger are no doubt getting ready to pounce on him for being the contrarian.

Badger is the one who brought up not believing CCSF is gay.  But surely CCSF must be punished for responding.

Other than infracting for vulgarity in a couple posts, there's been nothing so far in this thread I've felt inclined to moderate so far. There's a lot I wish weren't in it, but I don't feel like making the effort to separate the discussion about CCSF into a thread of its own. His first post in this thread was generic socon angst that could have been made by any of our socons, and I'm not planning on doing anything to it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 05:56:06 AM »

Many of us are bullied by LGBT leftists. Just ask Baronelle Stutzman who had to shut down her business. Does "it get better" for her ?

she absolutely did not have to shut down her business. what are you even talking about?

She was given the choice of providing flowers to same-sex marriages, which she felt was against her beliefs, or of shutting down to avoid future charges.  You may may think it a good thing she'd have to shut down her business to comply with her beliefs, but it certainly is a case of it being shut down.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 06:18:55 AM »

CCSF, have you ever considered getting on the "gay to straight conversion" speaking circuit?  You might find it to be a lucrative venture, and you seem to have the skillset for it.

I don't believe in conversion being a possibility - but if I could, I would

I just can't believe you are actually gay. Like, have you ever had a gay experience? I assume not because I doubt you'd want to change after.
Not all people who have been subjected to useless conversion therapy were forced to by others.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 07:44:01 AM »

CCSF is like the George Wallace of gay marriage, if George Wallace was black.
He is, but does a comedian have to do with this?

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »

I split the latest batch of CCSF-related thread derailing into a separate thread. If people must discuss CCSF and his views on SSM, do so there.  And by people, I include CCSF.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies