People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Ebowed and others
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:18:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Ebowed and others
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Ebowed and others  (Read 4392 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 08:10:05 PM »

Objection (for real) - Gully is a leading member of psuedo-terrorist organization Reality or Nothing (via the Trancendental Democrats), an ideological cult led by Attorney General Sibboleth himself. Given the close personal nature of their relationship I believe it would be a gross miscarriage of justice for Mr. Gully to serve on this jury.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 04:32:38 PM »

I have just been informed that Justices oakvale and bgwah have recused themselves from this case. My client's constitutionally guaranteed right to judicially appeal the errors in this trial (some of which have already taken place!) has therefore been completely eliminated. Any decision or action taken by the Honorable Justice TJ would be heard by the Supreme Court... consisting solely of Justice TJ.

I move that this trial be immediately dismissed. I respect the Honorable Justice, but his actions here are taken with absolutely zero oversight or scrutiny which makes a farcical mockery of my client's right to appeal.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 04:33:46 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2015, 04:37:26 PM by TJ in Kasichstan »

Request denied.

Well, both denied (to dismiss the case and to dismiss Gully).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 04:45:45 PM »

Given the obvious lack of a sufficient number of impartial jurors within the Pacific Region, making a fair trial impossible, I officially move for a Change of Venue (it is an available, even required, option for any trial judge under Atlasia's common law traditions).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »

Furthermore I demand to see the Grand Jury's indictment/presentment, which was Constitutionally required to bring my clients to trial, and which I'm sure the prosecution and Honorable Justice wouldn't have completely forgotten about (a simple url to the comments in question would be fine).

Per the Atlasian Constitution-

You must be logged in to read this quote.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »

Furthermore I demand to see the Grand Jury's indictment/presentment, which was Constitutionally required to bring my clients to trial, and which I'm sure the prosecution and Honorable Justice wouldn't have completely forgotten about (a simple url to the comments in question would be fine).

Atlasia has banned capital punishment, so how can this be considered a capital crime?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »

Atlasia has banned capital punishment, so how can this be considered a capital crime?

I don't know how one could construe Rebellion and Terrorism as anything other than an infamous crime.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infamous%20crime
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »

I don't know how one could construe Rebellion and Terrorism as anything other than an infamous crime.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infamous%20crime

From your link:

Indeed in real life acts of terrorism this is true; one guilty does become infamous. However, in Atlasia the severity of a terrorism charge is substantially lower due to the lack of physical carnage. The presumption that one guilty is unowrthy of a belief in a court of law is substantially more dubious. While the defense counsel presents an interesting insight into our justice system, there is a past precedent on terrorism trials conducted in Atlasia and a grand jury has never before been required. That precedent will again be followed here.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 10:00:24 PM »

I note the resignation of the Attorney General and lack of any remaining attorney for the prosecution
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 02:15:46 AM »

so if I report for jury duty and the trial is a no go do I still get my cash?

it was a really long flight from the pacific islands Sad
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 02:37:24 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2015, 02:40:14 AM by Tik »

After rereading the thread it appears that I do not think I am fit to be a juror, for the following reasons:

1. Bacon King has proven to be the most vile kind of racist against my people.

2. I was there during some of the shenanigans that will be discussed and have a biased view.

3. I am afraid of Ebowed and his dangerous, pro-animal rights thugs, and feel intimidated.

4. I feel a deep longing for an intimate relationship with the prosecution.

5. I can supply a letter from my psychiatrist that states that hearing the evidence in a trial for a crime of this nature may trigger latent, hitherto unexpected bouts of panic due to post-traumatic stress disorder, related to events I may or may not have lived through in this life or a previous one.

I'm terribly sorry.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 06:32:44 PM »

I object to Bacon King's slander of myself. I shall note that he is from Georgia and is White. QED he is a complete racist and probably has a shrine to the Confederate flag, Nathan Bedford Forest, and deep fat frying in his yard.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 06:35:21 PM »

Your Honor,

I must demand that the two jurors be removed, and for the record I note that the shrine actually is to Robert E Lee
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »

Also I repeat my request for a change of venue
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 08:37:21 PM »

Oh good heavens.

In light of the comments in this thread I have decided to excuse both TiK and Gully Foyle.

I have decided against a venue change. However, it is abundantly clear that the Pacific is unable to provide a sufficiently large jury pool for a fair trial. Thus, I am expanding the jury pool to another region that will be chosen at random. I am assigning each other region a number from 1-4 in alphabetical order and will repeat the jury selection process described on the previous page to fill the remaining juror slots.

I drew #4, which is the South, so the last two jurors will be selected from the South.

I drew 21, followed by 30, which correspond to PiT and the Cranberry. They will be contacted shortly.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2015, 09:29:36 PM »

Your Honor, I again note the lack of an attorney for the prosecution. I do not think it would be fair to prohibit them from objecting to these new jurors; the only fair course of action would be to wait until a new Attorney General has been appointed
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:03 AM »

Your Honor,

I note the lack of an attorney for the prosecution.

I note the lack of an attorney for the defense.

I note my full and unconditional pardon by Governor Simfan34.

I respectfully request that this case is dropped.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »

Your Honor,

I note the lack of an attorney for the prosecution.

I note the lack of an attorney for the defense.

I note my full and unconditional pardon by Governor Simfan34.

I respectfully request that this case is dropped.

The Court is left with little possible response here, save utter bewilderment at the unprecedented course of events that has ensued over the last week. Indeed, the only response possible at this point is to drop the case.

A fair trial simply cannot be held under such bizarre circumstances and the Court cannot itself ignore the rule of law in its pursuit to uphold the rule of law.

If indeed, BK's exodus from the Forum and all that ensued was an elaborate stall tactic to prevent this trial from occurring, he has indeed found one the Court must respect Wink

Therefore, the case against Ebowed is hereby dropped.

So ordered, Justice TJ.

Ebowed, you are free to leave (you're the only other person left here at this point anyway...)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 10:35:17 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Justice.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2015, 11:09:07 PM »

If indeed, BK's exodus from the Forum and all that ensued was an elaborate stall tactic to prevent this trial from occurring, he has indeed found one the Court must respect Wink

this was totally my plan all along

(for real though this is my favorite all-time atlasia trial)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2016, 12:40:18 PM »

Due to the deregistration of Turk, only Ebowed can be listed as a defendant in this case. Should Turk return at a later time, charges may be brought forward again.

Does this remain true?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies