Hate to say it, but I told you so
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:44:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Hate to say it, but I told you so
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hate to say it, but I told you so  (Read 1343 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »

As predicted, Bobby Jindal refuses to recognize gay marriages, saying "The ruling hasn't been specifically applied to Louisiana."

The Attorney General of Mississippi also refuses to allow same-sex marriages until the lower court lifts a previous stay, in spite of the fact that the Supreme Court has issued its ruling on it that supersedes any lower court.

Sam Brownback has said that Kansas will continue to refuse to allow gay marriages until the state "has had a chance to review the ruling."

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has issued an opinion telling county clerks not to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, however many clerks are doing so anyway.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/06/bobby_jindal_administration_sa_1.html
http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/kansas/article25567690.html
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/mississippi-gay-marriage-on-hold-supreme-court-ruling-119473.html
http://www.newsweek.com/texas-clerks-issue-gay-marriage-licenses-following-scotus-decision-despite-347499
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 05:12:27 PM »

Oy vey

I knew state officials in these states would actively voice their opposition to the ruling, but even though I shouldn't be, I'm surprised that so many are actually going to resist.

#callinthenationalguard
t_host1

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 05:47:44 PM »

It appears organizations can now constitute under the new homosexual law, for spousal protection, such as the hells angels, cripps, bloods and so forth forming as it feels necessary, being of all one family unit, the polygamy’s new age frontier.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »

This is truly mean spirited and dumb. Sore loser grandstanding.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 05:52:27 PM »

Ugh. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »

It appears organizations can now constitute under the new homosexual law, for spousal protection, such as the hells angels, cripps, bloods and so forth forming as it feels necessary, being of all one family unit, the polygamy’s new age frontier.
I'm pretty sure the bloods and cripps aren't getting group married for spousal privilege in court any more than they are avoiding taxes by filing to be a 501(c)(3).

SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 06:27:47 PM »

I guess they didn't read the opinion all the way through.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

t_host1

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 06:52:32 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2015, 07:09:51 AM by t_host1 »

I'm pretty sure the bloods and cripps aren't getting group married for spousal privilege in court any more than they are avoiding taxes by filing to be a 501(c)(3).

Yeah, how silly of me to think that people creating laws for advantage(s) would not use said advantages to justify their purpose(s) of a lawful advantage.

The paper work form(s) hear in Arkansas for marriage has 2 forms; one for, one man and one woman, and, another form for spousal (1) and spousal (2).

The amended necessary to follow;

Homosexuals are wedded; to [a] self-aggrandizement end(s).

Heterosexuals are married; for [a] selfless continuum.  

language barriers take a while to get though
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 09:21:02 AM »

Go f[inks] yourself
t_host1

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 10:53:06 AM »

Go f[inks] yourself

The endurance from things that are legal, [now] enhanced, only pronounces their inappropriate’ means louder.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 10:57:02 AM »

Go f[inks] yourself

How dare you insult the Great Apostle of the Jao?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »

This is truly mean spirited and dumb. Sore loser grandstanding.

No he's endearing himself to the 2016 Republican primary base.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies