Greek Referendum on IMF/Troika deal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greek Referendum on IMF/Troika deal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greek Referendum on IMF/Troika deal  (Read 74142 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: June 28, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »

I don't see how one can still qualify the Institutions and the parties who follow them as "moderates", when all they're trying to do is make the rich Greeks richer at the expense of every other Greek, even if they have to die in the process...

What Greece now needs is a dictatorship of the proletariat. If you're not familiar with the concept, read about it before insulting me.

What Tsipras should tell the Eurozone and the EU is basically : "F**k nearly every one of you".

Oh and f**k nearly every one of you. Except Velasco. I love you.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:11:40 PM »

So now institutes of economy have replaced pollsters, elections are determined by the prices of goods and values in the stock exchange, and it's an illness to be Greek, whose contagion must contained . This will keep getting more and more disgusting, won't it ?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:56:56 AM »

Couldn't we set up a rule on this board that banks, stock exchanges, notation agencies or any other consulting firms or betting markets are NOT good indicators of where an election is going, even less so than pollsters, and that we should stop posting their prospects. Geez this is getting annoying. Of course JP Morgan or MyBalls Ltd banking consulting agency will say they expect a Yes vote ! I get really tired.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »

Various rumor sources seems to indicate that early exit polls show that No is ahead by 4%.
Could you point to at least one, otherwise there's not much value in your post...
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 11:18:28 AM »

Let's all be very careful about this, for the margin showed is quite thin, and such a vote has never really been tested by pollsters before (I mean a last minute referendum with no time at all to adjust models).
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 01:45:15 PM »

Ah, sore losers trolling... This is tasty. (speaking mainly about ag)

But I agree. Greece should indeed get out of the Euro, possibly the EU. Then progressively implement a socialized economy for the benefit of all.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 04:01:58 PM »

We positively don't care about your investments, GTFO.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 07:12:32 AM »

I'm surprised that pensioners-- particularly public sector pensioners-- would have swung towards "yes", never mind that much more than the general population! They would seem to have been the ones worse affected by the Eurogroup agreement.

Perhaps the capital controls did it for them. At least, they were so adversely affected by the 60€ cap that it had to be raised to 120€ for them. One can imagine it has been least pleasant for those living off of savings.
My thought is that it's not a pensioner thing, but an age thing. The olds have known Greece's integration in the EEC for a brighter future, they don't want to renege on that. The youngs have only known the EU to be sh**t. That's why.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »

EU ask Greece to put out a plan for several purposes.

1: EU expect the member countries to know best what kind of reforms they can make.

That may be the most hilarious thing I've read all week ! Cheesy
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »

What Greece submitted may not be a capitulation. I think it isn't that easy. Tsipras is always playing a few moves ahead. His plan is dependent on concessions on the debt. It is a way of appearing as the "moderate" guy who tried, and send the ball in Germany's camp again. And Germany's starting to be pissed and won't accept anything in terms of restructuring the debt. So the game is still on. Let's see what's next.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies