Should churches that don't perform gay marriages lose their tax-exempt status? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:34:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should churches that don't perform gay marriages lose their tax-exempt status? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should churches that don't perform gay marriages lose their tax-exempt status?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: Should churches that don't perform gay marriages lose their tax-exempt status?  (Read 8360 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: June 30, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »

The rights that were found in the Constitution after almost 150 years after the adoption of the 14th amendment should not infringe on the free exercise clause.

As for ENDA type state laws, the discrimination should have to be systemic, i.e. sole denial of ANY Business based on sexual preference.  Refusal to participate in a ceremony that violates faith should be different, and frankly, the federal courts should clarify that, because the blue state courts are firmly on board with the leftist agenda.

Arguing against tax exemptions for churches means that the left is now advocating breaching the wall of separation between church and state. 
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 03:34:57 PM »

I'll agree that it does seem arbitrary that many Biblical literalists don't get as agitated about no-fault divorce as they do SSM.

I am a Biblical literalist, and I am just as strongly opposed to divorce as I am to ''same-sex marriage''.

Divorce needs to be made harder. It's contributed overall to the decay of the family.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies