Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016  (Read 85490 times)
DL
Canada

« on: July 05, 2015, 01:06:02 PM »

Why is Shorten so unpopular...just a few months ago he seemed to have very robust approval numbers...I heard him give a speech in Montreal a few years ago and i thought he was great!
DL
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:08:37 PM »

Why does Shorten have such high disapproval numbers? Seems odd for that to happen to an opposition leader. I heard him speak a couple of years ago and i thought he was fantastic
DL
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 11:13:13 AM »

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/09/21/turnbull-gives-govt-12-point-poll-bounce.html

Morgan has the Liberals powearing into a 55-45 lead, up from a monster 43-57 deficit last time. Their primary vote is 48-29 up from 35-36 last time!

It's increasingly likely Turnbull will win an increased majority. Incredible turnaround.

Whoa...shouldnt we wait a few months to let him accumulate some baggage as PM first and for the honeymoon to wear off. Remember how when Gillard replaced Rudd after a spill, the initial polls suggested that she would win in a landslide and then her support eroded and she ended up dead even with the Liberals
DL
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »

Turnbull won't have those disadvantages. I'm really quite excited for the positive changes he will bring as PM for at least two terms to come.

Can someone explain something to me, if Turnbull is so great - why is it that he was leader of the Liberals a few years ago and then before he could even fight an election they dumped him in favour of Abbott?
DL
Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 08:52:18 AM »

Why is Shorten so unpopular? I heard him give a speech a couple of years ago and i thought he was great.
DL
Canada

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »

Ugh - the degree to which Labor doesn't deal with postals drives me insane.

Keep in mind that because Australia has compulsory voting the turnout is typically over 90% so its all a zero sum game. Sure Labour good make a much bigger effort to get their identified voters to vote postal...but for the most part it would just subtract from the number of people voting Labour pre-poll or on election day - so it really doesnt get you anywhere.

It would only make sense for Labour to make a much bigger push for postal votes if they genuinely belived that there was some hitherto unknown pool of non-voters who could be motivated to vote Labour by post and who would not otherwise vote any other way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies