Christie announces presidential candidacy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:01:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Christie announces presidential candidacy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Christie announces presidential candidacy  (Read 5050 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:17:58 AM »
« edited: June 30, 2015, 09:37:55 AM by Mr. Morden »

https://www.chrischristie.com

http://www.phillyvoice.com/christie-launches-presidential-campaign-website/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:50:18 AM »

He's going to make fewer ripples than you might expect from a man of his size.
RRProgressive
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »

What a sad, sad man.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »

He had his chance in 2012, 2016 is lost for him, but at least he'll take votes away from Bush and make the debates interesting.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »

Yeah.  Like Jindal, it looks like Christie would have had a better shot in 2012.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 01:10:41 PM »

I do like Christie a hell of a lot more than I like guys like Cruz, Jindal, Huckabee and Santorum...but I don't see him going too far. There's no where for him to go ideologically with Bush, Pataki, and Kasich all running (or in Kasich's case likely running). Being a centrist myself, I'd vote for Christie in a primary, but I agree that it seems 2012 should've been his year to run.

Then again, he has always maintained that he "wasn't ready to be president in 2012". So in a sense I personally feel it is a good thing he didn't run. Anyway, I hope he is able to stay in the top 10 so he can get to the debates. Who knows, maybe he'll turn some heads. But with 10+ other candidates in the primary, I just don't think he can do enough to gain traction.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 01:53:54 PM »

Christie's useless as a candidate if he can't take NJ with him.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 02:41:07 PM »

He's the Republican straight talker, so I welcome him. At least he's not one more boring politician (like Cruz) and he'll make every debate very interesting.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 05:15:25 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/26/politics/chris-christie-2016-presidential-campaign/

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 05:22:53 AM »

The only reason why his chances were better in 2012 is that it was pre-Bridgegate. He would have still likely lost to Obama.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 05:44:36 AM »

The only reason why his chances were better in 2012 is that it was pre-Bridgegate. He would have still likely lost to Obama.

Plus his actions in the 2012 campaign showed his major flaws-his awful convention speech, his constant flirting with a run, the bagge found from his vetting
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 07:45:12 AM »

Christie is doing the right thing. This is his only and last chance.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 07:49:28 AM »

He wont win, but he can put some excitement back into campaign.

Christie entry into race, proves that the GOP isnt sold on Jeb as the most winnable GE candidate.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »

He wont win, but he can put some excitement back into campaign.

Christie entry into race, proves that the GOP isnt sold on Jeb as the most winnable GE candidate.

I wouldn't be dead certain that he can't win. A lot can happen between now and March. Together with Jeb, I think that he will be the strongest force in the debates by far. He won't seem grey like Kasich and perhaps even Bush.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 09:04:36 AM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 09:43:36 AM »

I don't know.

He looks pretty happy to me:

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 09:53:16 AM »

And don't forget this: http://m.metatube.com/en/videos/188357/Jimmy-Fallon-Slow-Jam-The-News-with-Chris-Christie/
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 11:33:26 AM »

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »

It's pathetic that this kind of comments are coming from an user that was a Christie hack for a lot of time.
However, I'd like to notice that there are some photos with Bush and Obama together. Do you want me to post these photos?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »

It's pathetic that this kind of comments are coming from an user that was a Christie hack for a lot of time.
However, I'd like to notice that there are some photos with Bush and Obama together. Do you want me to post these photos?

I posted the photos for comedic purposes only, I really don't care if they posed for pictures together.

What I do care about, however, is reversing Barack Obama's failed policies. The fact is, be it expanding medicaid under Obamacare, record corporate welfare, throwing more money at expensive failing schools, and giving tax breaks for an off-shore wind farm, and skirting around pay-to-play laws, Chris Christie has copied some of Barack Obama's policies and therefore is not the right person to lead our country towards prosperity.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »

I posted the photos for comedic purposes only, I really don't care if they posed for pictures together.

What I do care about, however, is reversing Barack Obama's failed policies. The fact is, be it expanding medicaid under Obamacare, record corporate welfare, throwing more money at expensive failing schools, and giving tax breaks for an off-shore wind farm, and skirting around pay-to-play laws, Chris Christie has copied some of Barack Obama's policies and therefore is not the right person to lead our country towards prosperity.

Okay, I'll bite. Why is expanding medicaid under ObamaCare a 'failed policy'?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 02:45:08 PM »

Go home, you're drunk. What is wrong with giving people healthcare? Don't you realize how stupid it is to oppose making people healthier-Cuba ha a better healthcare system than the US-Cuba! So what if Obama gives tax cuts to the Wind companies-that's free market economics right? That's the republican way right? I'd rather he give a tax cut to a wind energy company, that doesn't pollute the air than giving it a fracking site that causes the water to catch on bloody fire. Literally, is it too much to ask for some smart attacks on Obama rather than attacking him for making people healthy
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »

Okay, I'll bite. Why is expanding medicaid under ObamaCare a 'failed policy'?

What has happened is, fewer doctors are now accepting medicaid patients because the federal government will not cover the cost permanently, and the burden will now shift to state taxpayers to fund a federal law.

Specific to Gov. Christie and NJ:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/gov-chris-christies-expansion-of-medicaid-popular-in-n-j-1429032405

Go home, you're drunk. What is wrong with giving people healthcare? Don't you realize how stupid it is to oppose making people healthier-Cuba ha a better healthcare system than the US-Cuba! So what if Obama gives tax cuts to the Wind companies-that's free market economics right? That's the republican way right? I'd rather he give a tax cut to a wind energy company, that doesn't pollute the air than giving it a fracking site that causes the water to catch on bloody fire. Literally, is it too much to ask for some smart attacks on Obama rather than attacking him for making people healthy

President Obama's health care law's intent is not to make people healthy, of course everyone wants to make people healthy. President Obama's health care law has reduced competition in the insurance market, hurt those on medicaid by reducing their choices, it's impact will cost state taxpayers billions, it has cut medicare advantage for the elderly who paid into the system their entire lives, it's employer mandates have cost jobs, caused companies not to expand, and workers have seen reduced hours, and 4.2 million Americans have lost health insurance because of this health care law.

There is no denying that our health care system was flawed, from a cost and coverage perspective, before Obamacare. What Obamacare has done is now caused this to be an even greater economic and fiscal issue.

Now, as far as energy is concerned, I'd rather not give special tax subsidies to anyone. You can argue the merits of wind energy vs. fracking all you want, I am against subsidies for both. Let markets work, that's how we grew the economy in the 1920s and 1980s-1990s, and it's how we can grow the economy again today.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 03:33:13 PM »

I just don't see where Christie fits in.  There are other non-ideological types who are Governors of blue states or swing states that don't have the baggage of a current scandal.  Had Bridgegate not occurred a number of guys currently in the race might not be in (particularly Kasich and Jeb), but it did occur and it is not flattering to him.  I really don't know why a partisan Republican would support him over any of the others in the GOP race.  And that's what really matters; whether you can be the #1 pick of the GOP primary electorate more often than anyone else.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 03:55:05 PM »

Christie would be a viable candidate if he wasn't associated, or at least perceived to be associated, with New Jersey scandal.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies