What is the future for social conservatives in U.S. presidential elections? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:10:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What is the future for social conservatives in U.S. presidential elections? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the future for social conservatives in U.S. presidential elections?  (Read 3428 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« on: July 19, 2015, 02:05:15 PM »

I think that it'll shift to just being about abortion now since as of yesterday gay marriage is a decided issue, though a few holdouts like Hucksterbee and Pope Frothy will continue pushing for a constitutional amendment most will recognize that it's basically a done deal.

The new "Big Three" social issues will be abortion (that one won't end soon, even if there is a partial or full overturning of Roe- which I think is likely in the next 5-10 years), religious liberty, and drugs.

Religious liberty is just being anti-gay, which the GOP have almost nearly done from the 1970's onwards

And Democrats did until 2009.  This issue gained momentum at an alarmingly fast rate, and thankfully it's over.

It's not gonna be over. There's a very clear and constitutional way to overturn what the five activist judges have done. Congress strips all federal courts of marriage cases and restore the state's right to decide. Also under a GOP president impeach and remove all five justices who read gay marriage into the 14th Amendment.

Please explain in detail how any of that could ever actually happen.

There's a bill in congress right now that would strip the federal courts of jurisdiction regarding marriage (something the courts wrongly usurped from the state's)  (marriage isn't in article 1 section 8 so it is a state's right )

A president can along with a majority of congress can remove a justice for the same things other federal officials can (See article 1 and 2 of the Constitution)

Also the Surpreme Court can reconsider a case. (Brown vs Bord of Education is the complete judicial reversal of all Plessy vs Furgeson) I believe this is how Roe v Wade and Oberfall vs Hodges will both be overturned

I'm sorry, but have you studied the supreme court? You can't just impeach judges for bad decisions-Judicial Independence is codified in the consititition.

You would have been one of the people threatening to hang Earl Warren in the 1960's wouldn't you?

Judges can be impeached. Even for decisions. No. Warren was actually in the right on the racial stuff. Remember, I would've stood with MLK in the 60's. He'd be standing beside me today on Oberfall vs Hodges. I don't think you can say the same.

I'm glad you know where MLK, who has been dead for over 40 years, would be standing today.

It's also hilarious that you think that one of the greatest civil rights icons would be standing against civil rights. But I don't get the impression from any of your posts that you really have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »

I think that it'll shift to just being about abortion now since as of yesterday gay marriage is a decided issue, though a few holdouts like Hucksterbee and Pope Frothy will continue pushing for a constitutional amendment most will recognize that it's basically a done deal.

The new "Big Three" social issues will be abortion (that one won't end soon, even if there is a partial or full overturning of Roe- which I think is likely in the next 5-10 years), religious liberty, and drugs.

Religious liberty is just being anti-gay, which the GOP have almost nearly done from the 1970's onwards

And Democrats did until 2009.  This issue gained momentum at an alarmingly fast rate, and thankfully it's over.

It's not gonna be over. There's a very clear and constitutional way to overturn what the five activist judges have done. Congress strips all federal courts of marriage cases and restore the state's right to decide. Also under a GOP president impeach and remove all five justices who read gay marriage into the 14th Amendment.

Please explain in detail how any of that could ever actually happen.

There's a bill in congress right now that would strip the federal courts of jurisdiction regarding marriage (something the courts wrongly usurped from the state's)  (marriage isn't in article 1 section 8 so it is a state's right )

A president can along with a majority of congress can remove a justice for the same things other federal officials can (See article 1 and 2 of the Constitution)

Also the Surpreme Court can reconsider a case. (Brown vs Bord of Education is the complete judicial reversal of all Plessy vs Furgeson) I believe this is how Roe v Wade and Oberfall vs Hodges will both be overturned

I'm sorry, but have you studied the supreme court? You can't just impeach judges for bad decisions-Judicial Independence is codified in the consititition.

You would have been one of the people threatening to hang Earl Warren in the 1960's wouldn't you?

Judges can be impeached. Even for decisions. No. Warren was actually in the right on the racial stuff. Remember, I would've stood with MLK in the 60's. He'd be standing beside me today on Oberfall vs Hodges. I don't think you can say the same.

I'm glad you know where MLK, who has been dead for over 40 years, would be standing today.

It's also hilarious that you think that one of the greatest civil rights icons would be standing against civil rights. But I don't get the impression from any of your posts that you really have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

MLK was adamant in his opposition to gay rights.

I could put dozens of links up that talk about this but I want you to do the homework.

As we all know, people's opinions cannot possibly change, right?

Also, your whole "I could put up dozens of links" shtick makes it seem like you don't really have any and you're trying desperately to take the responsibility for doing so off your shoulders.

You made the claim, so it's your job to provide the evidence.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies