A Conservative Rebellion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:41:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Conservative Rebellion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: How do you like it so far
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A Conservative Rebellion  (Read 3042 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 08:52:39 AM »

The Supreme Court:
June 30, 2017

Today a major case was decided it was Stutzman v. United States. The question was whether individual businesses could not serve individuals beacuse there religious beliefs said so. The court sided with the petitioner Baronelle Stutzman a owner of a flower shop in the State of Washington. Justice Ken Cuccinelli wrote the opinion it was joined by Justices Scalia, Thomas, Alito, Roberts and Kennedy. On a partisan 6-3 decision. The court said that businesses run by people of sincere religious convictions didn't have to take part in any marriage ceremony if it was against their deeply held religious beliefs.

The news was overshadowed though by the announcement of retirement by Justice Anthony Kennedy who was considered a moderate libertarian by the general public. He will be remembered as the man who legailzed gay marriage across all 50 states.

Nominee to be announced next update. Comment below who you think it is.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »

Please go on.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 12:25:53 PM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Sutton
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »

The White House
July 9, 2017

Today, President Ted Cruz announced his nominee for Supreme Court Justice to replace Judge Anthony Kennedy. Cruz said "After days of consideration, I made my decision between two great humans. I called my nominee and asked her if she was willing to take on a new challenge of becoming a Supreme Court Justice. Thankfully, she said Yes. That's why with great humility and honor, I announce that my nominee is Justice of the Court of Appeals Washington Circut, Judge Janice Rogers Brown. (cheers)

On July 16 Judge Brown started her committee hearings, she passed the Judiciary Committee on a 12-2 vote. And she was brought to the floor and the vote, was 78-21-1 in her favor with a vacant South Carolina Seat.

For more information here's a link on Judge Brown
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janice_Rogers_Brown
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »

The White House
July 9, 2017

Today, President Ted Cruz announced his nominee for Supreme Court Justice to replace Judge Anthony Kennedy. Cruz said "After days of consideration, I made my decision between two great humans. I called my nominee and asked her if she was willing to take on a new challenge of becoming a Supreme Court Justice. Thankfully, she said Yes. That's why with great humility and honor, I announce that my nominee is Justice of the Court of Appeals Washington Circut, Judge Janice Rogers Brown. (cheers)

On July 16 Judge Brown started her committee hearings, she passed the Judiciary Committee on a 12-2 vote. And she was brought to the floor and the vote, was 78-21-1 in her favor with a vacant South Carolina Seat.

For more information here's a link on Judge Brown
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janice_Rogers_Brown

Now let's overturn Oberfall vs Hodges. Restore marriage as exclusive purview of the states. Meaning the bans are restored. Even in California.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »

is this ish real
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 08:41:24 PM »

What is this I don't even...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2015, 01:18:51 AM »

This is a ridiculous timeline. I love it. Although I have a hard time imagining Nevada, which has never gone to a losing Democrat since 1908, going to Hillary and Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and...Delaware (?) going to Cruz.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 09:11:15 AM »

LOL
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »

This is a ridiculous timeline. I love it. Although I have a hard time imagining Nevada, which has never gone to a losing Democrat since 1908, going to Hillary and Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and...Delaware (?) going to Cruz.
Keep in mind that DE, starting in 1952, voted for the popular vote winner in every presidential election to date except 2004.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 07:58:49 PM »

I love this TL and hope it keeps going strong!
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 08:53:43 PM »

Keep in mind that DE, starting in 1952, voted for the popular vote winner in every presidential election to date except 2004.
And Minnesota has voted Democratic in every presidential election since 1976. Yet somehow it went Rep here?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 03:19:21 AM »

But they've also never gone Republican since Reagan was president. Georgia, the state that I live in, voted for the Democrat more recently than Delaware voted for the Republican.

And Minnesota has voted Democratic in every presidential election since 1976. Yet somehow it went Rep here?

That, too. It has the longest pro-Dem streak outside of DC.

But I think we're reading a bit too much into this. Obviously, the timeline is not going to win any awards for realism. But the sheer madness of it is why it's entertaining.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 05:57:44 AM »

This timeline isn't even convincing
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length