Will Obama be remembered in the top 10 of Presidents? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:13:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Obama be remembered in the top 10 of Presidents? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Obama be remembered in the top 10 of Presidents?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Will Obama be remembered in the top 10 of Presidents?  (Read 12077 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 29, 2015, 07:38:48 AM »

No, his accomplishments are far too partisan and he didn't guide America through a crisis like the absolute top tier. In addition, almost all of his accomplishments are heavily dependent on how they look in 10-20 years, and he still stands the chance of being a bottom ten President is he ramrods through a deal with Iran that amounts to complete surrender.
Because the Great Recession never happened

The vast majority of Americans weren't personally affected by the great recession. It is to the Great Depression what Afghanistan/Iraq is to WW2.

By 2008 any American with any brains was scared of a repeat of the Great Depression, and for good reason:

A year and a half after the respective peaks of 2007 and 1929, the squiggly gray and blue lines look much alike. Dubya, like Coolidge, had pushed a capital-devouring speculative boom. I may not agree with Friedrich Hayek often, but I do on the cause of financial panics: it's the bubble that does the damage, and the panic is only the realization of the damage.

To be sure, it was the bank runs that turned a nasty recession into a full-blown Great Depression. But an FDR-Obama comparison is valid: FDR and Obama both saved American capitalism.    

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Long bull market without a speculative boom? I can't imagine better.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Even if one hates the President. But just think of what could happen if the economy continued to implode in 2009 and 2010. The world could be a much more dangerous place.

Oh please. Obama caused the bull market we've seen since '09? QE is solely responsible for the massive run-up in equity prices, not the president. Give me a break.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies