Bold Prediction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:41:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bold Prediction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bold Prediction  (Read 7678 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 01:17:55 AM »

A lot of people really need to look up the definition of "bold".
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 10:03:56 AM »

Also Strickland goes down in flames the second someone reminds people what he was like as govenor and that he will be 75 years old.

He has a A record like Bob Casey on 2nd Amendment rights, gun ownership. Something GOPers like Casy on as well.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »

A Feingold 35 point win highlights a great north/south party divide as the GOP crashes and burns and the homophobic sexists raise the Confederate flag once more in preparation of secession which Hillary Clinton promptly males look more lIke the Whiskey Rebellion than a civil war. Anyone wanna be the house on the 25,000,000:1 bet?

Also, Dems take Indiana
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 11:41:30 AM »

Since saying Democrats win say Ohio or New Hampshire isn't particularly bold, I'll say that Kander beats Blunt in Missouri, Arizona gets the "Lugar" treatment, and Indiana ends up with 2 Democratic Senators and a Democratic Governor.

Repeat after me. Senator Marlin Stutzman. In 2019, the GOP will send Silent Joe Donnelly back to Granger and send Todd Rokita or Greg Ballard to DC. 2 GOP Senators and Pence re elected.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »

Since saying Democrats win say Ohio or New Hampshire isn't particularly bold, I'll say that Kander beats Blunt in Missouri, Arizona gets the "Lugar" treatment, and Indiana ends up with 2 Democratic Senators and a Democratic Governor.

Repeat after me. Senator Marlin Stutzman. In 2019, the GOP will send Silent Joe Donnelly back to Granger and send Todd Rokita or Greg Ballard to DC. 2 GOP Senators and Pence re elected.

You do know what a bold prediction is right? What I said is something that could plausibly happen under the right conditions, but is very unlikely. Of course I believe it's more likely that Republicans take Indiana, but if I'm going to make a bold prediction I'll say that Democrats take it.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 07:04:54 PM »

Governor Scott Brown
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 07:08:44 PM »

oh christ no
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 08:54:24 PM »

Which state is he going after this time?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »

Still NH, though I think he's more likely to run for NH-1 than for Governor.
DS0816
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 11:05:09 PM »

I declare with absolute certainty that Republicans will retain control of the Senate in 2016, regardless of who wins the White House. Anyone want to take that bet?

If the Republicans win a pickup of the presidency … correct.

If the Democrats win a hold of the presidency … we have to look at every race; because this party would need a pickup of five Republican-held seats in order to flip the majority. Much of this would have to do with the pattern of about 80 percent of the U.S. senate races which end up carrying in states for the same party at both presidential and senatorial levels. (This did happen over the last four election cycles of 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012.)
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 11:39:02 PM »

With the exception of Grassley in Iowa, Democrats win every Senate election in states that Hillary wins, as well as Missouri, and take back Congress as well. The divide between results in presidential elections and midterm elections becomes clearer as ever.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2015, 12:49:01 AM »

Still NH, though I think he's more likely to run for NH-1 than for Governor.

He wouldn't demote himself like that
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2015, 01:51:08 AM »

He wound up getting creamed in the North Country in 2014. Won't happen, especially if Democrats nominate Jeff Woodburn (a senator who represents most of it right now).

Predicting him even running is bold enough - especially now that he seems to have literally taken to peddling pyramid schemes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »

With the exception of Grassley in Iowa, Democrats win every Senate election in states that Hillary wins, as well as Missouri, and take back Congress as well. The divide between results in presidential elections and midterm elections becomes clearer as ever.

The Minimum number of seats are 4 with Pa, FL, IL and WI and 5 with NH. And 272 electors CO, NV and Pa.

This will be a tough election no matter if its Walker or Jeb.

Now, if the economy improves sharply nxt yr, we can talk about waves.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 01:09:21 AM »

You do know what a bold prediction is right? What I said is something that could plausibly happen under the right conditions, but is very unlikely. Of course I believe it's more likely that Republicans take Indiana, but if I'm going to make a bold prediction I'll say that Democrats take it.

I'm specifically talking about the Senate races. Indiana has had a split senate delegation in the past. What I'm saying is that will totally fall in the GOP's favor in 2016 (Stutzman) and Donnelly will be defeated in 2018.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 01:24:32 AM »

^ Hope not. Stutzman is a sort of tea-party zealot i really hate. And i would gladly prefer Donnelly over such type of Republican (in fact - any Republican to the right of Lugar, for sure) in 2018...
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »

^ Hope not. Stutzman is a sort of tea-party zealot i really hate. And i would gladly prefer Donnelly over such type of Republican (in fact - any Republican to the right of Lugar, for sure) in 2018...

Look at who this is coming from. No one who's sane likes Wacky Jackie, let alone parades her name around in his or her signature.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2015, 12:52:06 AM »

Look at who this is coming from. No one who's sane likes Wacky Jackie, let alone parades her name around in his or her signature.

+1
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »

Duckworth, Feingold, and Portman all win by >10%

Book it
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2015, 03:14:48 PM »

Donnelly probably has to work another miracle to be re-elected.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2015, 03:22:54 PM »

Duckworth and Feingold and Murphy should win by high single digits.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »

Yep. Donnelly, Heitkamp, McCaskill, Tester, and Manchin are all great senators and they will all earn my endorsement  (unless Kinder is the MO GOP Nominee), but all except Manchin are favored to lose, barring a D Wave or toxic R nominees.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »

Yep. Donnelly, Heitkamp, McCaskill, Tester, and Manchin are all great senators and they will all earn my endorsement  (unless Kinder is the MO GOP Nominee), but all except Manchin are favored to lose, barring a D Wave or toxic R nominees.

Why would you endorse McCaskill? I mean, I like Donnelly and Heitkamp as well, but McCaskill is really not bipartisan.

I don't see Ann Wagner, John Brunner, or Sarah Steelman as any more bipartisan though. As I said, if (Lt. Gov.) Kinder is her opponent, I'll oppose her.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2015, 07:58:51 PM »

A completely random backbench noboby Republican senator (Shelby?) gets some nut trying to primary him and is narrowly defeated.

A minor party gets into a two-party race in California (Greens?), and is competitive.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2015, 10:50:44 AM »

Mitch's wife? The one who did deals with the Sierra Club of all organisations? In Kentucky?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies