Dammit, why can't I hate pop stars now like I did in high school?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:08:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Dammit, why can't I hate pop stars now like I did in high school?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dammit, why can't I hate pop stars now like I did in high school?  (Read 1039 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:16:15 PM »

I don't mean in regards to their music, because that's just as bad as the days of Britney Spears, but I realized I usually have the opinion that while their music sucks they still seem to be good personally (and of course hot.) Like Katy Perry, obviously she's way hot, and she supported Obama twice and has said all sorts of positive things about teh gays. Her music sucks still, but she still seems like a really good person. And Demi Lovato, she's hot, and she's basically a hipster Christian and she had that gay pride parade video (reminded of that today because of Pride Twin Cities), so yeah she is really cool even though her music is terrible. And it's been known that Lady Gaga is really cool personally for a very long time. And even Miley Cyrus, mocked all the time for her Hannah Montana stuff, is now a liberal who said wonderful things about teh gays and apparently supported Occupy Wall Street.

It's weird and confusing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 10:25:42 PM »

Music still isn't any better than Britney Spears? Music really went to sh**t with her. Of course the RIAA will blame piracy for the fact that no one wants to buy their sh**tty music.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:06:51 AM »

Music still isn't any better than Britney Spears? Music really went to sh**t with her. Of course the RIAA will blame piracy for the fact that no one wants to buy their sh**tty music.

I want to buy their music. There's really nothing wrong with modern pop. It's pretty good.

Of course, you get the internet edgelords who don't listen to our like anything except metal and 80's pop, but they're dumb.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »

The music industry is (1) extremely hard to succeed in, and (2) rewards crappy music. The result is, sometimes you get legitimately cool/talented people making sh**t music.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies