A minor bright spot for feminism in the election.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:44:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  A minor bright spot for feminism in the election.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A minor bright spot for feminism in the election.  (Read 625 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2016, 10:02:39 AM »

We've avoided the first woman president being someone whose biggest achievement was picking the right guy to marry.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 10:13:13 AM »

and i woud have thought, the victory of war heroine duckworth and the first latina senator would be worth something. Wink
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 10:34:45 AM »

Trump will hopefully be some kind of pacesetter for Marine Le Pen, who might become a first female president in France Smiley

But I have a strange feelings that Atlassian and mainstream media fake feminists would not be so happy about it Roll Eyes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-president-us-election-result-front-national-marine-le-pen-jean-marie-far-right-world-a7406426.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »

marine le pen can only win if sarkozy first wins his own primary (unlikely) and then loses against macron .....and THEN advises his voters to elect marine.

not impossible this year but....not likely.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 11:28:34 AM »

NH has an all-female Congressional delegation again and supported Clinton.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 11:49:12 AM »

Re: Le Pen. Despite straw-man caricatures, we don't support someone just because they are a woman.

For the admittedly heavy cost of Trump, American women made some progress this year. We had our first woman, major party nominee. She was unapologetic about being pro-choice and having feminist politics. Tens of millions of people saw her win three debates. She got the most votes. I'm happy about all of that. At this point the glass ceiling is so tattered and broken up, the next woman practically only has to poke her head over it.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »

We've avoided the first woman president being someone whose biggest achievement was picking the right guy to marry.

As a feminist, I don't like the concept of the first woman President being married to a former president, though Hillary has faced as much sexism if not more than a typical woman, so it would still have been an achievement and would be better than waiting for the next one.
laura97
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 09:05:43 PM »

As a feminist, I don't like the concept of the first woman President being married to a former president, though Hillary has faced as much sexism if not more than a typical woman, so it would still have been an achievement and would be better than waiting for the next one.
She didnt face sexism, she faced disposition form many. In the 90s and 2000s she said no to many minorities right, such as gays, and as such gained opposition. The only reason she got so many votes was because 12 women accused trump of false accounts of rape, the media was bought out, and the minorities hillary discriminated hated pence
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 10:11:15 PM »

On the contrary, the effect that Hillary had on society was major!

Doesn't matter that she didn't win the election. She pioneered a trail that no female had gone before and in the process shattered some old, worn out mindsets that this society holds about females.

And in the process, Hillary helped liberate us from that white male dominated oppression and paved the way for the next female to successfully run and win the Presidency.

Don't underestimate Hillary and the effect she had on society. It's much much bigger and more profound than anything Trump could ever hope to accomplish with his pettiness and money-grubbing personality.

There is no minor bright spot, it was and is all major evolutionary change.

Like her or hate her, it doesn't matter. She is a major player in the elevation of the status of females in this society and we all owe her a debt of gratitude. She was pilloried beyond belief, yet she is still standing.

Kudos to her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »

NH has an all-female Congressional delegation again and supported Clinton.

Unlike last time, their governor is now a man.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 10:25:35 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2016, 10:27:36 PM by eric82oslo »

Trump will hopefully be some kind of pacesetter for Marine Le Pen, who might become a first female president in France Smiley

But I have a strange feelings that Atlassian and mainstream media fake feminists would not be so happy about it Roll Eyes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-president-us-election-result-front-national-marine-le-pen-jean-marie-far-right-world-a7406426.html

It's funny and at the same time extremely revealing how much you love racism and putting one people up against another, and not even try to hide it. Like extreme racism like you are showing every single day is really something to be proud of? If so, I wonder how? Because you somehow happen to think that Hitler was the single greatest human being who ever lived on this earth? Is that it? Is that the reason for your 24/7 extreme racism propaganda? You're the first Swede I've ever met in my entire life that is this racist, and I've met 100s of Swedes, possibly even 1000s. I really don't understand where your extreme hate for everyone who is not as pale in the skin as yourself comes from.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »

For the admittedly heavy cost of Trump, American women made some progress this year. We had our first woman, major party nominee. She was unapologetic about being pro-choice and having feminist politics. Tens of millions of people saw her win three debates. She got the most votes. I'm happy about all of that. At this point the glass ceiling is so tattered and broken up, the next woman practically only has to poke her head over it.

Amen.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »

...It does matter which female. Hillary Clinton is a female whose politics align well with mine, and who has the temperament and judgment to be President. Marine le Pen fails at least two of these tests.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 10:38:06 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2016, 10:59:53 PM by eric82oslo »

She didnt face sexism, she faced disposition form many. In the 90s and 2000s she said no to many minorities right, such as gays, and as such gained opposition. The only reason she got so many votes was because 12 women accused trump of false accounts of rape, the media was bought out, and the minorities hillary discriminated hated pence

12 women accusing Trump of accounts of extreme sexual trespassing. There is not a single thread of evidence yet that any of the 12 women had anything but extreme hurt and disgust as their reasons to report what despicable acts a slightly younger Trump acted upon them because as he's said again and again and again, it's his right not only to grab every single woman in the world by her pussy (which of course would be his right, are we living in the pre-Christian times or something?). So now that you have basically legitimized rape in public, said that all the rape victims by Trump (who has admitted publically again and again that he loves to rape women without their consent, after all it is his speciality - no idea why FBI hasn't started to look into this already, it's like Weener times one gazillion basically, because it involves force, rape, mafia, corruption, secret circles, CEOs still thinking they for some reason have the "right" to rape young teenage girls even as they're screaming for help.) Noone has been talking about rapes except in the one case where there is already almost 100% certain evidence that he did in fact rape a 13 year old girl and told her to shut up when she was screaming for him to stop, back in 1993. Other than that, noone are in fact talking about rape. Although every single case of the 11 that have come forward (and we know already that there are more than 120 cases in which women have weighted their odds and decided that they'd much rather continue to live their peaceful lives rather than getting chased out of the country by vengeful Trump enabling fans who keeps treatening these poor women over and over again that they will take their lives if they ever meet them.

If this is your defence of Donald Trump, I really wonder what the heck you have to hide? If you really have to defend one of the most despicable human beings who has ever lived on this planet since the second world war, then what, if I might ask, have been your crimes? Do you somehow find it fun that woman after woman after woman get brutally attacked?

It's still unfathomable to me that the Republican party wants a pedophile rapist in chief to lead not only the free world, but the entire world, for the next 4 years. Trump is basically one of the most ammoral creatures, whether human or animal, that has ever lived on the surface of the United States of America. The fact that some people actually find it in their guts to defend what this monster of Halloween villain has done, one way or another, is just simply too much for me to even start trying to understand.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 11:06:10 PM »

...It does matter which female. Hillary Clinton is a female whose politics align well with mine, and who has the temperament and judgment to be President. Marine le Pen fails at least two of these tests.

What a sexist post. "It does matter which female"... It is what rural Americans say. "I could vote for woman, but not for this corrupt bitch." You are male. You can't understand.
Just be happy, that she might win thanks to Trump and show for a billions of girls, that women can be a president of a mighty country, that women can have control over nuclear weapons, that women can be a leader, that hard work matters even if you are women.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 11:24:20 PM »

Hillary was the first woman in US history to (probably) get the most votes in a US presidential election. While that's not the highest, hardest glass ceiling, it's a consolation prize.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 12:50:23 AM »

The number of women of color in the Senate quadrupled. First it was just Hirono, now it's Hirono, Duckworth, Harris, and Cortez Masto.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies